1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Traxxion AK-20 kit question.

Discussion in 'General' started by da954rrstuna, Jun 24, 2011.

1. da954rrstuna

da954rrstuna Member

I've been out of the loop for a little while and maybe some of you guys can give me some feed back.
    I usually deal with Traxxion and Thermosman.
    Max @ Traxxion offered me a pretty sweet deal on the AK-20 kit installed and a re-valve and re-spring on my K-tech shock.

Who has used the AK-20 kits and what do you think of it compared to Ohlins 25mm kit?

Thermosman wants me to wait 3 weeks for service and I don't think I can wait.

Thanks

2. YamRZ350

YamRZ350 Nicorette Dependent

I've had good luck using the AK-20's. Dan and the rest of the the crew down there are great to deal with as well.

3. ScottyJFZ1

ScottyJFZ1 UVBNFZD

good friend has AK20's ....loves it and just upgraded to AK20 gas .... Cannot go wrong with Traxxion...just ask Cory West..

4. BrianC636

BrianC636 Well-Known Member

I doubt you can go wrong with either but which can you get better trackside service for?

5. speedracer170

speedracer170 Well-Known Member

Love my AK's but I can only compare them to stock

6. NC Jon

NC Jon Can I change my name?

Same here.

7. YZFBeliever

YZFBeliever Well-Known Member

AK 20's here. Love them. same thing though, can only compare them to the OEM

8. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

AK20s in my front end, I love em. Excellent feedback out of the front end and very free of drama. But yes, I also have not had the chance to compare to Ohlins carts.

9. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

What kind of service do you need to do on your forks?

10. parapuke

parapuke Well-Known Member

Well suspension is a lot like girls....everyone has their own preferences. I've owned both and personally prefer the AK-20 over the Ohlins 25mm kit. Both are drop in cartridges, but when I compared both back to back in the same bike with same rate springs I felt the AK20 offer a more plush ride if that makes any sense. Spent the day tuning on both and came away with the Ohlins offering a little bit more stiff and to me an almost harsh ride compared to the AK20. My lap times were about the same on both. Just my two cents, again everyone will have their own idea of what is better.

11. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

Personally, I prefer the 25 mil kits to the new 30 mil kits.

And I also prefer the AK20s to both.

However, they can all be made to work well.

12. Handicapped Racer

Handicapped Racer Well-Known Member

Beware Be a fukking aware!!!!!!!!!!!

How long of a Jail sentence did you get for all of those stolen bikes?

Please don't come back with no bull shit cause I still have a copy of the exact same receipt from 9/16/04 when you sold me some most likely stolen forks and caliper for my 04 Gsxr 600. The exact same receipt I looked at when someone posted your screen name and a link or article showing you getting caught with a whole RACK Load of stolen MOTORYCLES and parts. To confirm you were the same person I was thinking of!

Total cost of the parts were,615.00

13. da954rrstuna

da954rrstuna Member

Thanks for the feed back, I'm shipping everything out to Traxxion on Monday.

14. crazymofo

crazymofo Then i was like...Braaap!

15. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

The silence is hurting me's ears.

16. Handicapped Racer

LMAO! that's what I thought, why didnt you post your reply?

17. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

"What doesn't kill you makes you faster!"

or

"You'd better be faster, cuz when them mofos catch up to you they's gonna kill ya."

18. da954rrstuna

da954rrstuna Member

Yeah it's me?
    It's been like 7 years and you still have me on your mind? I'm flattered.
    So, I sold you some stole forks and caliper and you had no problem putting them stolen goods on your bike and using the shit out of them after the fact? You don't sound so honest to me. Why didn't you turn them in to your local police station? You had some good evidence on me and you kept them. Shame on you for using stolen parts!!!
    FYI, I did 2 1/2 smooth years. And the amount of money I made from all them stolen parts I've sold to honest law bidding citizens over the past 10 year before getting busted was worth it. The amount of cash I made was sick!! And the cops didn't find 1 penny of it.
    And I've been living lovely since my release in 2007. After using some of my stolen money to make a few power moves in the market and real estate, I decided to buy a new ZX10 and set it up.
    You think I'm hiding in some hole? I did what I did. Now what? Bitch. You still thinking of me? I'm Skank NYC Fastest. My videos our posted up all over YouTube, SuperBikeMagazine UK, and HellForLeatherMagazine.com. I even did a interview and a ZX10 review for them.
    Hold on, let me hide in my hole.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2011
  19. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

win on the way.

20. Handicapped Racer

Did I finally touch a nerve, I think so. yeah it was a good idea to fes up and be honest about it cause people were bound to find out.

Sorry to inform your criminal ass but I purchased parts from you in Sept of 04 and you were busted in January of 2005, on top of that the parts were return to Det. Kenneth Destefano of the Ny auto theft unit, along with a copy of the receipt provided to you Via Pay Pal. "part of a sneak and peak warrant I was told" So i lost some cash in the deal but rather that than go out ans steal peoples shit.

No I don't think of you, never gave you a thought after reading about your stupid ass. ACTUALLY, I just happened to see the screen name and thought to myself, Naw he can't be that dumb, so I just looked through my receipts, get it "receipts" for the shit I legally paid for. Low and behold your dumb ass wasn't even smart the change the screen name, and yes i'm sure you didn't expect anyone to know your stupid ass. I love how you worded, been outta the loop. Shit if you weren't hiding why did it take you two tries to reply, you saw the post when you responded saying thank you.

And the name calling doesn't bother me, I'd definitely rather be called a bitch then, be passed around like one. Would you like to enlighten us on the experience? I'm sure you look good in lipstick N lace, and a cute lil ponytail!:crackup: taking it in the ass. I bet you never get constipated???? Do you!!!!:crackup:

Last edited: Jun 24, 2011