1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The wait is over. Need help from the iracing gods on the beeb..

Discussion in 'General' started by assjuice cyrus, Apr 8, 2017.

1. code3ryder

code3ryder Well-Known Member

Cube Controls GT-X Wheel Review on Sim Racing Garage.... holy cow... $1600 but it sure looks nice

2. stevedave

stevedave Well-Known Member

Been racing the Audi for a couple weeks. Definitely driving on an edge but I find it controllable and predictable.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

3. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

Sorry, didn't see your reply in time. I missed the cutoff by about .020 seconds. Still having a hard time dealing with those damn wings.

4. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

I upgraded to a SC2 Ultimate. Was having problems with my usb connections getting loose from switching wheels all the time.
    Ended up getting a Cube Control Formula Pro Wireless. Very happy with it.

code3ryder likes this.
  5. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

For me it just depends on the track.
    Lemans I was way faster in the Audi.
    Montreal -AMG
    Nürburgring Audi was faster, but very much on edge and I could not complete a clean lap.
    In the AMG I can do several and my optimal is on pace with the Audi.

6. BigBird

BigBird blah

Last edited: Dec 5, 2020
  7. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

Any car that has the New Tire Model {NTM} is like a real car. Takes about a lap to heat them up.
    If you're just testing, you can drag the brakes for a while to do it quicker.
    Also the baseline setup is ok, but not great.
    I have several setups, just depends on the track.

BigBird likes this.
  8. BigBird

BigBird blah

The RS3?

9. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

R8 GT3
    The GT4 cars are a bit of a PIA to drive.
    Lots of trail braking involved.

BigBird likes this.
  10. BigBird

BigBird blah

Good to know it's not me...well it was, but I was like WTF..How can I tell if it's a NTM?
    I just want to do VIR as I have a Time Trial there in the mini-mini-van

11. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

Most cars are on the new model.
    All GTE,GT3 & GT4 are

BigBird likes this.
  12. BigBird

BigBird blah

Lots of trail braking is what I need :) Maybe I should pickup a GT4 car...any recommendations?

13. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

I trail brake with every car. GT4's require lots of technique .
    Do you know how to load setups ?
    If so pm me your email and I'll send you a Suzuka set for the AMG that should work @ VIR

BigBird likes this.
  14. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

I know most of you on here are more into road racing, but I am in a streamed league for the midgets. If you don't mind go check out the stream, sub to the guys channel if you will. I would like to help him grow his channel. This race was a barn burner. Lots of fun.

600 dbl are likes this.
  15. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

Done!

backcountryme likes this.
  16. merle4

merle4 Menace to sobriety

Kenny, are you still using an accuforce wheel? I'll be starting out with one in a couple of weeks and I have a feeling i'm gonna have questions. Like lots of questions. TIA

Merle

17. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

@merle4 are you buying it new or used ?

18. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

The good news is with cloud tuning, getting a car profile is very simple. There's a mountain of adjustments that can be made in the output mixer to fine tune how you like the wheel to feel. I personally prefer a "heavy" wheel as it slows my hands down when turning. You can also share profiles which is nice as you can try out what other people use. If I can help let me know.

19. merle4

merle4 Menace to sobriety

I bought it used, but have already transferred ownership with simxperience. Haven't downloaded anything yet as I'm waiting for my computer. I'll be hitting you up 600. Hope to ne up and running early feb at the latest.

Thanks!

20. ScottyRock155

ScottyRock155 A T-Rex going RAWR!

So what's the current status of buying iRacing hardware? Is VR getting any better or is monitors still the best bet?

I had actually bought a chair/stand right before Covid, but then both my wife and I had to start working from home so I sold it to make room for home offices. Well we're getting ready to move and I'm thinking I might like to try it again over the winter. Given the state of everything I'm sure computers/parts are hard to come by, but I don't know anything about what is a good system and what is actually available to buy now.

Quicktoy likes this.