1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The wait is over. Need help from the iracing gods on the beeb..

Discussion in 'General' started by assjuice cyrus, Apr 8, 2017.

1. drop

drop Well-Known Member

If anyone likes the sprint car stuff, starting next week is another 10000 to win championship.

Pays 1000 to win each week

10,000 to the points champ.

My little cuz is already been testing. He hasn't played the sprints much.

backcountryme and G Dawg like this.
  2. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

I prefer the non wing stuff. The few times I have run the wing cars I have done good, but it is just boring.

3. Ducti89

Ducti89 Ticketing Melka’s dirtbike.....

Hey gaming gods; I am beginning to poke around the market for a decent gaming pc. Its been ages since Ive played and nerded out. I read some recommendations on here but theyre probably dated now.

So ill be looking for something that revolves around first person shooters like ‘Squad’ and ‘Post Scriptum‘. I may dip into race stuff but for the most part, first person shooters will be the bulk of the pc’s work.

So whats out there? No, Im too dumb to build my own stuff unless you convince me its as easy to build one like its easy for me to use a hammer.

Thanks in advance!

4. code3ryder

code3ryder Well-Known Member

If you're going to be a pre-built, wait until they come with the new graphics cards (Nvidia 3k series/AMD 6k series).

backcountryme likes this.
  5. Ducti89

Eta on that stuff? I should be in the market probably after Christmas unless some smokin deal that doesnt require theft exists.

6. code3ryder

Right now getting one of those cards is harder than getting a PS5. After the first of the year is my hope. I'll be doing a build with the new AMD stuff.

backcountryme likes this.
  7. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

A budget would be helpful.

As code stated, the next gen cards are pretty much impossible to find outside of pre built PC's. If you can hold out, wait until next year. If you cannot wait I can recommend a pre built or parts to build your own, but I will need a budget for that :D

8. Ducti89

Well, im sure a build is anywhere from $800 to $2k. I dont mind paying so much as I get the performance and longevity.

9. vfrket

vfrket Lost Member

Seriously, if going custom, have @600 dbl are build a machine for you.

10. Ducti89

I didnt know he was the resident pc gaming guy. I certainly would allow him to do it!

11. 600 dbl are

If you can wait, hold off until the beginning of the year when everything is back in stock. The new Ryzen is a monster and the best bang for the buck on GPU's will be the 3070/3060ti. If you are not gaming in 4K, even a 3070/3060ti is a bit overkill, but you will have longevity. I'm running a 1660ti at the moment until the new cards come in stock and I'm still a solid 90fps in iRacing on triples.

backcountryme and Ducti89 like this.
  12. Ducti89

Not going to question your opinion. I can wait till afterwards and we can blab on the blower about it.

600 dbl are likes this.
  13. 600 dbl are

This is a PC I built for a buddy of mine. It was awesome until Ace Ventura delivered it and it's in the fuck mode. Still fighting with UPS on this on the insurance claim.

[​IMG]

And this is my over the top stupid monster build

[​IMG]

Ducti89 likes this.
  14. 600 dbl are

I'll hit you up when things get back to normal stock levels and the scalpers aren't trying to rip people off. It's hard to justify buying a previous generation GPU that costs more than the current generation, even without the scalpers. If you are interested in building your own I can send you some good videos that take it step by step. I will also be more than happy to video conference with you as well and walk you through it.

Ducti89 likes this.
  15. stevedave

stevedave Well-Known Member

Erik is the man. Helped me get my build done.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

16. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

Well, I am about to try and qualify for a $200 to win Winged 410 sprint car race tonight. I am not much of a wing driver, so wish me luck.

I currently have 2 AMD Ryzen systems. My main gaming system is a 3600x and GTX1080 both on a custom hard line water cooling loop. My iracing computer is a 2600x with a GTX1070. I get a solid 90 FPS in VR with it. I love the Ryzen stuff. Looking forward to upgrading the 3600x to the 5600x or higher. Then the iracing rig will get the 3600x, and the 2600 will be going to my son.

600 dbl are likes this.
  17. BigBird

BigBird blah

what's the new hot car? how's that RS3?

Doing a purchase...trying to learn VIR, so might as well grab few things while i'm in there for the bundle pricing

18. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

I would suggest any GT3 car except the Ford or Audi.
    Ford has been shit for a while, Audi is quick & easy to crash.
    They finally fixed the Merc AMG and is what I normally drive.
    Super stable.

BigBird likes this.
  19. drop

drop Well-Known Member

My cousin is leading the morton buildings world of outlaws winged sprint points right now. They race on Mondays. You should try to make those fields. What race or what server is the race you are entering tonight. I'll see if he wants to get on and try to run with you.

20. code3ryder

I bought the new corvette and it's pretty good in stock form around the Ring

G Dawg likes this.