1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Official 2020 Silly Season Thread

Discussion in 'General' started by The Great One, Jul 1, 2019.

1. prospected

prospected Well-Known Member

Puig is banking on Haslam's development experience and praying Bautista wins on it. Great plan or epic failure to follow...

Quicktoy likes this.
  2. Phl218

Phl218 .

Dorna CEO Carmelo Ezpeleta wonders why Lorenzo is still doing this.

"Lorenzo has to make a decision," says Ezpeleta in an interview with 'Motorsport-Total.com'. "I get on very well with him and love him, but he has to think about what he wants in his life. If his back hurts, that's just how it is. "

"Jorge has to think about whether he can recover and how the Lorenzo returns, whom we all know or whether that is not possible. That's important for him and for the championship. I do not like to watch how such a good rider turns 19th, "notes Ezpeleta.

The Dorna CEO does not necessarily recognize a motivation problem: "I doubt that he can do more than is currently the case. If it turns out he's feeling sick after the accident in Assen, then he has to think about the next step and think about whether he should not stop. "

Finally, Ezpeleta remembers the Dutch TT six years ago when Lorenzo crashed in training, had surgery in Spain and then competed in the race. "I believe that the Lorenzo, who drove in 2013 in Assen with a freshly operated clavicle, would not understand what he is doing now. It makes me sad to see him like that, "said the person responsible for the Dorna.

BigBird likes this.
  3. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Google Translaglish often can be hurtful to read...

Phl218 likes this.
  4. HPPT

HPPT !!!

And apparently, ViƱales recently got it. https://twitter.com/i/web/status/1192042357144870912

5. The Great One

The Great One Well-Known Member

BigBird, motion and Boman Forklift like this.
  6. rcarson15

rcarson15 Well-Known Member

BigBird likes this.
  7. Phl218

Phl218 .

yeah, it was easier in german for me too

8. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

I imagine this is going to be tough for SDK since I assume he has no time on a Moto2 bike. In any case, I hope both he and Iker do well.

Senna likes this.
  9. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

He said he's ridden one (probably not the current Triumph) but I'm pumped for him.

So who you got.. Robert or SDK in front?

10. dieterly

dieterly Well-Known Member

Yeah, I think we all remember Eslick's Moto2 debut...

11. badmoon692008

badmoon692008 Well-Known Member

Gonna be interesting to see, especially since they're on the same team and same bike... If SDK is even within shouting distance of him I think it would make Roberts look pretty bad.

12. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

TX Joose and rcarson15 like this.
  13. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

It seems like we just set our riders up for consistent failure with these wildcard appearances. None of our SBK guys have really shined in their WSBK wildcards at Laguna. Dallas Daniels came dead last at the final round of WSS300. Can't imagine SDK is going to do all that well at a new track on a bike he's never ridden. Based on an interview Herrin gave, it sounds like he was never really given a fair shake in Moto2 either.

Gerloff has probably the best chance out of all the riders we've sent over in a while.

14. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

Sorry for the doom and gloom but it's probably never going to happen. This year for instance JD was 4th or 5th in points in MA at Laguna. So how hard is he going to ride in WSBK when his day job (MA) is more important? A stand alone wild card ride would be easier but still you've got to spend at least 2 or 3 weekends riding your ass off with the other tires. Then there's the wear and tear on the bike and the money to do it. And the stress level is tough too. You're worrying about crashing/bending bikes and not looking like a butt head while doing so. I've watched many racers over the years try to do it, but the risk/reward isn't there IMHO. But I still want someone to try next year, maybe Josh Hayes?

15. The Great One

16. badmoon692008

badmoon692008 Well-Known Member

I feel like I remember JD doing pretty damn good (at least in the points) last year during his wildcard until they had a mechanical issue with the bike and he pitted.

17. sharky nrk

sharky nrk Rubber Side Up

18. sharky nrk

sharky nrk Rubber Side Up

19. The Great One

Thanks. Makes me wonder how useful Folger's input was. Was he saying the same thing Nozane and Nakasuga were saying, making his input redundant? Or was did his input contradict feedback from them and the Factory riders?

20. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Potential future good one (I'm gonna hold off on "great" for now): Lorenzo Fellon. You read it here first. :D

CEV Moto 3 next year with Monlau. He's pulling out of the red bull rookies cup.