1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Official 2020 Silly Season Thread

Discussion in 'General' started by The Great One, Jul 1, 2019.

1. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

Cal is retiring after next year, no way he moves to Repsol for his farewell tour. He already has a full factory bike. HRC might be willing to take a one year flyer on Zarco since all the major contracts are up for renewal for 2021.

2. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

Wow...and everyone thought Zarco committed career suicide leaving KTM mid season.

Phl218 and Quicktoy like this.
  3. Bruce

Bruce Tuck & Roll

I forget where, but I read somewhere Zarco is unofficially a yamaha test rider for next season.

4. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

It's a year earlier than I thought, but saw this coming a mile away.

Hate to see him go, but he doesn't really have anything to prove and is going out in one piece (mostly).

5. njracer

njracer Well-Known Member

I thought that deal died when he decided to take the 3 sit in rides for Honda?

Bruce likes this.
  6. Shocker

Shocker Well-Known Member

I think that was before he took the Honda seat. I believe Yamaha told him that if he took the Honda seat, that he would lose that opportunity.

I will admit that I thought Zarco was done after quitting KTM, but it looks like the stars aligned and it may actually work out for him to stay in the GP paddock.

Bruce and Newyork like this.
  7. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I don't like him all that much and going to Honder was (in retrospect) a huge mistake but (even if it's time) I'd hate to see Lorenzo go.

Oh well, the Motogp grid needed a cleanse.

motion likes this.
  8. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Don't blame the guy a bit. He's obviously lost his confidence and with back injuries the threat of another crash putting him in a wheel chair has to loom large. Time to go enjoy all the money he's made and enjoy life.

9. rcarson15

rcarson15 Well-Known Member

Annnd he's officially retiring.

Phl218 likes this.
  10. G 97

G 97 Garth

So much for all of his perceived toughness.
    Riding that turd honder broke him.
    Who would of thunk.

Phl218 likes this.
  11. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Damn, what a brutal end to a great career. I wonder if he’ll be able to enjoy retirement. He‘s a complicated guy.

12. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Dude, let me hit you in the back with an aluminum baseball bat and see if you can go to work the next day. :D

Wait, bad example, working the slurpie machine at gas and glug ain't all that physically demanding, you might be okay. :D

Dave250, pscook and G 97 like this.
  13. rcarson15

rcarson15 Well-Known Member

JL99 to Yosh? :D

badmoon692008 likes this.
  14. ScottyRock155

ScottyRock155 A T-Rex going RAWR!

I was never a huge fan but I always respected Mr Hammer Butter. For anyone who appreciates the level these guys compete at this press conference is crushing. I hope he can heal and be happy.

BigBird likes this.
  15. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Maybe if they field a team. :D

Worse places to be than on a Suzuki in WSBK. He could relax a bit, have some fun and could be a full on creep rather than worry about public perception. :D

16. G 97

G 97 Garth

So are all the teams and riders given a mandate to attend this?

17. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Doubtful. I don't think anyone would wants to see Rossi, overcome with joy and dressed as wonder woman, with a belt around his neck slap around mini rossi as Lorenzo makes the announcement.

18. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Adios.

[​IMG]

scottn and Phl218 like this.
  19. Phl218

Phl218 .

i never really "liked" JLo in the yamaha years. but loved to see him dominate, even though it was boring sometimes.

got much respect for him moving to the Bologna Factory and would have loved to see him catch a title with them and beat the Joker.

never say never.

good luck on that honder turd Johann.

ShadowBoxer likes this.
  20. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

So Rossi’s outlived another one....add #99 to the list

scottn, Phl218 and motion like this.