1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Official 2020 Silly Season Thread

Discussion in 'General' started by The Great One, Jul 1, 2019.

1. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

I don't like it and haven't watched in at least 25 years. I can however appreciate that the wrestlers are mediocre actors but good athletes that work hard. At least that was the case 25-30 years ago and I doubt that it has changed. The youngsters might not get the reference but I do love this meme:

[​IMG]

Shocker, track wagon, motion and 4 others like this.
  2. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

The biggest actor in the world today came from wrastling and the one pegged as the next huge star also from there. :D Pretty good for a "mediocre actors." hun? :D

I watch it now and again but anyone who who discounts pro wrestling only needs to do a quick study on WWE and the deals they have signed and how they were the father of most modern streaming services.
    Have WWE for a few years on your resume and if you're a writer, a director, a Grip or any behind the scenes job and you're golden.

3. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

Yeah 20 races is ridiculous. I stopped watching last year after Mark took the title. I always love Phillip Island too. 12 races though? The only way that's happening is if they push the season into 2021, camp out at 3-4 tracks in some place with good winter weather and rotate through each one every week or every other week. The worldwide show ain't happening. MotoGP will start the season in August at very best.

4. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

Can you smellllllllllllllll

What the Rock....

Is cooking.
    Mediocre my ass lol.

Shocker likes this.
  5. HPPT

HPPT !!!

August will leave just enough time for a dozen races if they do four straight weekends with one week off to reposition to a different continent. That would end around mid-November.

6. SGVRider

Can the show sustain that kind of ops tempo though? That's an absolutely insane pace. They will have to cut the weekend down to 2 days like they were talking about early. It can be done if they give up all pretensions of the previous calendar. May as well do like 6 races in Spain. August is best case by far. Any later and they'll be racing this season into 2021.

7. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

If it happens I predict a few double header rounds.

8. SGVRider

For sure that's the only way it'll happen. The logistics are impossible otherwise. It's looking like August is probably impossibly optimistic.

I'm currently laughing at the International Olympic Committee. They're still pretending that it's happening. If this puts an end to the Olympics scam and they finally just make permanent regional venues that will be one positive.