1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Beer Thread V2

Discussion in 'General' started by Senna, Jun 2, 2020.

1. Cannoli

Cannoli Typical Uccio

Lightpoint sounds pretty interesting. Gonna have to look for a sixer at my local.

2. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

I think New Holland may have led the pack with the idea of brut wit. It looks like (and I am not going to try it to find out) Blue Moon is following suit. Its supposed to be 104F here today, and I have one can left. Will give it an appropriate heat-slake test this afternoon...

3. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

When the shit hit the fan I went on a cheap beer binge. I'll admit that I've developed a taste for the High Life...a great beer for hot days.

[​IMG]

OGs750 likes this.
  4. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Yeap, a High Life on a hot day, not much better then that. :up:

OGs750 likes this.
  5. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Watch out @Steeltoe is drawing a map for @Metalhead right now, to come clean you out on all that beer. You will be drinking bourbon again in no time.

rd400racer and Phl218 like this.
  6. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

Bit of an anomaly here but I really enjoy a cold Guinness on hot days, I find it really refreshing.

7. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Wow, I think the opposite when I think Guinness but I get it.

To me: A Colder day, a great steak with bernaise or au poivre, some lyonnaise and a Guinness. :)

Cannoli and rd400racer like this.
  8. dsapsis

(Draft) Guinness is low alcohol and bone dry. Fantastic hot weather beer.

Cannoli and Yzasserina like this.
  9. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

Modelo with lime. :beer:

10. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

I find that an heavier beer is more satisfying and I don’t drink as many of them. Yea, an IPA or DIPA is like 250 calories, but I only usually have one instead of like 3 of a lighter hefe or cerveza.

11. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

I currently have Lienenkugel summer shandy,Point Milkshake Malt Porter, Lift Bridge Milk Stout, Lienekugal Creamy Dark and St. Pauli Girl in the fridge. I am not sure what that says about my beer drinking habits, but around here we have lots of smaller brewery local seasonal stuff, so I buy what sounds good and is on sale, usually between $5 and $8 per sixer.
    The Lienekugel Shandies are good for hot days and with lunch.

Phl218 likes this.
  12. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

Gone through a case of Rhinegeist truth, Rhinegeist cloud harvest, Bells official hazy, Lagunitas hazy wonder, Bitburger triple hopped lager, Founders porter, a bunch of Toppling Goliath pseudo sue, Fatheads strange magic, and a few belgian 750 ml bottles from the basement. Don't sleep on that new Bitburger, its a collaboration with Sierra Nevada but made at the brewery in Germany.

Gonna have to start on the summer brews now that its getting hot!

13. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

This is the list I usually shop from but after 10 years I sometimes gotta go out and find other stuff. I always though having access to a distributer would never get old but I guess it's kind like a woman.... someone somewhere is sick of her shit.

Attached Files:

14. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Seems like the PBR is disappearing faster than the others. :D

15. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Every now and then, it's just the right beer:beer:

Sabre699 likes this.
  16. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

17. bigtime

bigtime Well-Known Member

What about making your own beer? Any one try it when they were in lockdown. I would like to learn the art but have no idea where to start

18. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Yuengling golden Pilsner is pretty alright if you can find it.

19. socalrider

socalrider pathetic and rude

hate on the IPAs all you want, i dont care. i have a keg of Karl Strauss Aurora Hoppyalis on tap in my kegerator and a couple Modern Times hazy ipa cans left from a sixer my neighbor gave me for re-wiring his motion sensor flood light.

cpettit likes this.
  20. dsapsis