1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Beer Thread V2

Discussion in 'General' started by Senna, Jun 2, 2020.

1. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

Last thread was from back in 2009, so figured it's time to start a new one.

During winter/quarantine I was on a big Guiness/Left Hand Nitro binge. Slowly swapping over to my typical summer beers like traditional German wits/hefeweizens and Modelo, but will definitely drink the occasional NE IPA or standard IPA this summer.

What have y'all been drinking?

2. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Heineken until they raised the price yet again to almost $20 a twelve. Yeah, could still occasionally find it for less but, f@ck them. But it was $26 a case at Costco. :D

Tried other beers but ended up with Coors light. Miller High Life is pretty alright but I seem to get a head ache after 3.

So, Heineken (when I can find it on sale) or Coors light.

IPAs are for hipsters! :D

Cannoli and Senna like this.
  3. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

PBR or Bud Light. Suck it.

4. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

Dueling Barrels Pikeville Ale.

Senna likes this.
  5. Cannoli

Cannoli Typical Uccio

I've been really enjoying Sea Quench Ale by Dogfish Head. Very refreshing on a hot day.

[​IMG]

Bloodhound likes this.
  6. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

Up here in Canaukistan beer is expensive. So I drik Brewhouse Pilsner. It is the best of the cheap beers. Still miles ahead of PBR. But hell, horse piss is better then PBR.

7. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Cannoli, what in the holy hopping hippy hell is that crap? Salt, lime, prunes, olives and ass Gonorrhea in a ghey ass green can? Time to look in the mirror, not jersey fist pump and not do your hair and reflect on the mistakes you've made in your life. :D

KneeDragger_c69 and joec like this.
  8. Cannoli

Cannoli Typical Uccio

:crackup:

Nah Dave, it's not a hippy beer! It's a sour ale with touch of sea salt and black lime. Really good stuff. :D

(I know that description didn't help my point that it's not a hippy beer. If you like sours, you'll love this beer)

9. R1Racer99

R1Racer99 Well-Known Member

How many posts before someone says hoppy ipas aren’t real beer and that people only like them because they’ve been told to.

10. Cannoli

Cannoli Typical Uccio

I think that already happened in post 2.

Senna likes this.
  11. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

IPAs are for Lumbersexuals, flatbillering ear tuckers, old guys that walk around the changing room at the gym naked for at least 45 minutes after they've showered and monkey wranglers. :D

12. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

Shh.

Hoppy IPA’s aren’t real beer. People only like them because they’ve been told to. And people listen because they’re stupid and don’t trust their own taste buds.

:D

13. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

14. Phl218

Phl218 .

I only have 2 growlers of my own Hefeweizen left and haven’t brewed in a long time.

currently digging the Mango Cart or the occasional IPA.

actually thinking about brewing my next Hefe extra hoppy with a touch of lime and coriander.

or I just keep buying 12ers

15. bored&stroked

bored&stroked Disclaimer: Can't spell

I had to stop buying my beloved Stella because A: they want $18/12pack. For 11.2oz cans. And B: Im broke AF right now. So I'm drinking budweiser 30pk's at $15-20 each.

Phl218 likes this.
  16. vfrket

vfrket Lost Member

Crimeny, I must be a monkey wrangler!

Dogfish Head 90 Minute IPA and Three Floyds Zombie Dust

17. karls

karls Well-Known Member

The Iron Horse Brewery - Quilter's Irish Death

18. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Kelly, how tight are your jeans? Can you see the outline of your ding dong? Can you tell what religion you are? :D

Phl218 likes this.
  19. vfrket

vfrket Lost Member

Always! :beer:

Last edited: Jun 2, 2020
  20. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

Both of those are solid. I haven’t had DFH in years. Wonder if the quality is still there after they opened up their distribution.