1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Beer Thread V2

Discussion in 'General' started by Senna, Jun 2, 2020.

1. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

Greene King :D

2. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

No proper ale should ever be drunk cold, cellar temperature only.

rd400racer likes this.
  3. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

Right! I checked it, and forgot the following 'e'. No excuses! :beer:

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Depends on the beer for me, some I prefer the draft to the bottle. Can't think of any I prefer in a can.

speedluvn likes this.
  5. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

upload_2021-12-1_12-37-37.jpeg

You Sir, need to leave this thread immediately and take your luke warm beer with you! :beer:

6. GixxerJohn011

GixxerJohn011 Well-Known Member

:Puke: F371DD13-EE0B-441F-9536-5520C03EDB39.jpeg So I had success going out of my comfort zone with Viva La Beaver. This in the other hand was a disaster on the same level as Chernobyl, it is second in terribleness only to Heineken. There is a hint of chocolate then it tastes like mad dog with the cheapest well whiskey chaser :Puke:

Senna likes this.
  7. ducrcr

ducrcr reasonably fast old guy

20220103_132247.jpg My current goto.

8. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

[​IMG]
    Took a mini vacation to Houston over the Christmas Holiday. This juicy IPA was pretty good without being too hoppy.

9. dave3593

dave3593 What I know about opera I learned from Bugs Bunny

I like Guinness Draught bottled or draft. The last two pubs I bought it from the tap knew how to pour and let it rest. It is always good but at a real pub GREAT!

When I'm in the mood for something stronger than Bud but less strong than an IPA, I like Newcastle Brown Ale. And it's not expensive and widely available.

Senna likes this.
  10. L8RSK8R

L8RSK8R Well-Known Member

Last time I arrived in Dublin Airport, I had to grab a pint of Guinness.
    Myself and buddy have no recollection of leaving the airport and how we made it to our hotel.
    This is after I was cutoff by airline stewardess on the flight from Chicago.
    Guinness is good shit.

Senna likes this.
  11. BigBird

BigBird blah

12. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

Cheers to that!
    [​IMG]

L8RSK8R and Senna like this.
  13. KneeDragger_c69

KneeDragger_c69 Well-Known Member

Kickin' it with the original StickBoy :p

Enjoying a good Eastern Canadian (Nova Scotia) brewed Big Spruce "Cereal Killer" (it's a delicious Stout) :D

Also shared them with a few great guys I met for the very first time (StickBoy included) at Homestead this past December for the CCS event.

Attached Files:

14. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

I’ve been on a BBA kick lately.

I’ve had Founders KBS and KBS Espresso, Oskar Blues 1050 and Bell’s Expedition Stout.

KBS Espresso was the shit. That is probably in my Top 5 all time brews. I liked 1050 more than standard KBS, and a distant fourth was Bell’s, which is consistent with my opinion of Bell’s being very mediocre overall.

I also revisited Founder’s Dirty Bastard after probably 10 years. It’s a great beer but damn if it doesn’t upset my stomach and give me a hangover almost immediately.

I have a Destihl BBA Stout in the fridge that I’ll probably split with a friend in two weeks. A pint of BBA is a bit much for me these days.

15. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

I love Founders Porter and their Breakfast Stout is top notch. Come to think of it, every Founders brew I have tried was delicious.

Senna likes this.
  16. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

Yep, that’s pretty much where I’m at with them. I have a Backwoods Bastard I also need to try soon. They are quickly approaching Sierra Nevada’s level in terms of mainstream breweries who can really do no wrong.

17. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

Backwoods Bastard was pretty awesome. I’ve had a few of them at this point. Definitely a lot going on with it - it’s very different from KBS and a bit more nuanced.

Weather is warming up and I’m starting to drift away from the heavy stouts. I’ve been on the hunt for a good west coast IPA brewed locally and I think I’ve finally found it in 4 Noses’s Bout Damn Time IPA. It’s like a slightly higher ABV SN Pale Ale, and is quickly becoming one of my favorite beers. Plus I can get it pretty fresh.

18. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

Bumpity bump.

Been drinking a few Against the Grain Oktoberfest’s. Excellent brew, but I had one batch super fresh that spoiled me. Subsequent 4-packs have not had the hop hit that I loved in the first batch I had.

Backwoods continues to be a favorite and my go-to most nights. Open to suggestions for Barleywines, Belgian Strong Ales or anything Barrel-Aged readily available that I should try.

Also, my dog died six days after my last post in this thread. Give your doggos a few extra treats for me.