1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SOTU 2018

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by galloway840, Jan 30, 2018.

1. sharkattack

sharkattack Rescued pets over people. All day, every day

No disrespect intended, but he is a Kennedy. He's got to have a fortune. I haven't checked, but I bet he's gotta be worth somewhere north of 1 million buckaroos, yes?

2. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

$20-60M according to Wiki.

3. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

Rosemary Kennedy. She was apparently a loose woman and they were worried she’d get preggo out of wedlock and ruin the family’s political fortunes. So they fixed her brain up good.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2018
  4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Um, no. The post was talking about the return filed for 2017. You are talking about withholding for 2018. Totally different things and different tax laws.

5. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

Wanted to capitulate to Hitler (Joe)
    The lobotomy of Rose (Joe)
    Chappaquiddick (Fat Teddie)
    Electroshock for Jackie (JFK)
    Sexual assault of four women (William)
    Michael Skakel
    Alcoholism (all of em)
    Car accidents that paralyze friends (Joe II)
    Infidelity as a family culture
    Shunning family members (Kathleen)

It goes on and on.

Camelot. America's royalty. F**K you.

R Acree likes this.
  6. CausticYarn

CausticYarn Well-Known Member

That is really sad.

7. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

Their whole family is a sad affair. That incident is probably among the worst. But there’s plenty of other doozies.

That’s probably the saddest case in their family but far from the last. There’s actually a great lesson in there about the pursuit of wealth and power at the expense of anything else. I wouldn’t want to be born into that family even with the silver spoon from birth.

8. CausticYarn

CausticYarn Well-Known Member

I wouldn't either.
    A lot of weird things happen in legacy families.
    Must be all of the inbreeding - that's all I can figure, much like the old monarchies in England.

9. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

It's kinda sad when you think about it, like it or not, they were 'kinda' like our royalty back in the 60's......

I would agree that that family (like many other wealthy families) is a fine example of how bad having lotsa money can go.

10. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

Well hell, just when I thought Trump was beginning to calm down and start being a more adult President he starts dancing on his phone with another off the cuff ridiculous lie. Why does he do this kind of shit? It makes him look like an arrogant child. First thing off his phone this morning was him bragging that his STOU speech was the most watched in history. Hell, it wasn't even close. Hell, Obama's first and last were more watched and I think even Bush's was watched more. Why cannot he learn to keep his mouth shut or at least get his facts straight before popping off? He just makes me tired. :(

badmoon692008 likes this.
  11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Like any politician, depends on the facts you want to look at :D

He got numbers from somewhere - may have been worldwide numbers, may have been net numbers, may have been the most watched in history in some third world country since they finally got electricity this last year. No clue what he could have been talking about but I doubt he's lying as much as picking which truth he is looking at.

12. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

Like his tax bill won't reduce his taxes? Yeah, that's kinda played out.

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Did he say that somewhere? I missed it. Either way, even if it's blatant a politician lying is not exactly a surprise is it?

14. dsapsis

He said "it won't benefit me" and you claimed he was technically correct. Its all right here in 1's and 0's on the beeb.

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

So technicalities don't matter when it's someone you hate? :D

16. dsapsis

Technicalities don't matter when they don't matter. Like I said, played out.
    Imagine Obama saying something like that...Oh, wait... There it is right there in that other thread. :D

17. G 97

G 97 Garth

Objection. Speculation. Sustained.

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

You truly expect me to remember goofy shit people post in the dungeon? :crackup:

Obama picked and chose his reality too. And Bush, and Clinton (remember the budget surplus - oh wait that was really other money that didn't actually count) and and and and

19. dsapsis

You are the one making excuses for baldfaced lies. It's like the transitive principle in logic went missing somehow.
    I don't get it, but whatever.

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

If it is technically correct then it's not a bald faced lie - I also only said it's most likely given Trumps history with his bragging that it is cherry picking his facts versus an outright lie. Nowhere did I say it absolutely isn't a lie or he doesn't lie. It could be and he does.