1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SOTU 2018

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by galloway840, Jan 30, 2018.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Also FWIW - not making excuses at all. Making fun of politicians and how they think. Something I think you'd get if it were talking about any politician other than Trump :crackup:

2. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

While no doubt lies come in shades of gray, there are ones that are dark enough such that any questioning of the hue belies a search for the truth. The Trump claim about the tax plan and its personal impacts is well past that threshold.

3. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

I don't understand the outrage, so a wealthy President shouldn't EVER consider a tax reform bill that might also lower his/her taxes???? :crackup:

4. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I could be wrong, but while he is in office, he has divested himself from his holdings. So, technically, his statement is accurate. I also suspect many of those bitching about it will not forego any benefits that may accrue to their bottom line.

5. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

Who cares if it benefits him, while it benefits MOST AMERICANS TOO!

It's so petty man, get over yourself.

badmoon692008 likes this.
  6. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

He hasn't divested at all.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/chasewithorn/2017/01/11/donald-trump-will-hand-over-business/

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...-avoid-conflict-concerns-lawyer-idUSKBN14V21I

https://www.usnews.com/news/economy...ecedented-conflicts-of-interest-in-first-year

Orvis likes this.
  7. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

If memory serves, No law requires divestment
    It’s “tradition”

8. turtlecreek

turtlecreek Well-Known Member

for an old man, you have a good memory. :Poke:

president is not required.

9. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

I'm not too sure of that Sean. From his history I see only a kid that hears his friend saying that he can jump his bicycle over a ditch then Trump will pop up immediately blurt out that he jumped a canyon on his. It's almost like he doesn't actually think about what he says but he's just bound and determined to "top" someone else with his stories. I don't think he consciously tells lies rather than he just has to build himself into the best person on the planet and ends up lying to do it.

badmoon692008 and R1Racer99 like this.
  10. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Rereading some of the replies here just makes me laugh, the very people who seem to have issue with Trump not divesting you don't hear a peep out of regarding politicians who become MULTI-MILLIONAIRES either while serving or shortly thereafter......WOW, talk about having your priorities jumbled up.

turtlecreek likes this.
  11. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Congress isn't even prevented from buying and selling stock in companies affected by the laws they write.

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Did he turn over ownership of the company or not? Serious question that I think I asked in my original comment on it.

13. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

As if that would even matter, they hate his kids almost as much as they hate him. Even if he divested, they'd STILL be balling about how his policies influence his 'family' business. If Liberals have proven anything this past decade, it is that they don't exactly stick to one talking point but keep adjusting it to fit their current mood.
    You know, the old wet finger approach to see which way the wind is blowing today.