1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SOTU 2018

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by galloway840, Jan 30, 2018.

1. G 97

G 97 Garth

564641F8-A42A-4414-995F-F6C87E35C1EF.jpeg

2. sharkattack

sharkattack Rescued pets over people. All day, every day

This SOTU speech will hopefully set up the Republicans for a successful mid-term run as well as a successful 2020 presidential election.

XFBO likes this.
  3. tiggen

tiggen Things are lookin' up.

Just read Kennedy's rebuttal. On to Waters'! This ought to be good!!

4. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

Watching the reactions coming from the Democrats only strengthens the words of Trump.......They're losers. All pissed off because their queen got her ass handed to her in the election. They're so mad I think they're going to go out and eat bugs. :p

5. lrrs517

lrrs517 Internet Investigative Officer

Just a reminder… Joe Kennedy’s father was the Kennedy that paralyzed the girl, NOT the Kennedy addicted to heroin. And it was his uncle and cousin that were the rapists…And little Joe is NOT the twin the father set on fire while drunk playing with fireworks. And it was a cousin who killed a girl with a golf club in CT. But not the other cousin skiing and playing football at the same time (yes you read that right) who hit a tree drunk. But he isn't the one who crippled a girl in a rollover drunk in a jeep. Not to be confused with the one who crashed his plane and is a textbook case of what not to do to aspiring pilots which we spent millions to recover his body and covered up the toxology reports. Who was related to the one that drove off a bridge drunk then let a girl lay on the bottom of the ocean while he sobered up. All these and more are related to the grandfather who ran bootlegged cheap whiskey during Prohibition. Not to be confused with the previously mentioned uncle that did a rape sandwich with Chris Dodd in Washington to a waitress.
    Being in New Hampshire around here when you bring up that famous name the old timers cringe. The clan stiffed everybody on the bills. They call them Deadbeats here.

I wish I know how to make a family tree. That could be a laugh.

6. galloway840

galloway840 Well-Known Member

That was kinda funny...

7. gixxerreese

gixxerreese Well-Known Member

Mindboggling the response of dems the next day. Now I hope that memo comes out and they have no choice but to arrest people.

XFBO likes this.
  8. CausticYarn

CausticYarn Well-Known Member

Didn’t the old Kennedy’s lobotomize one of their daughters for being a rebellious teenager?

9. gixxerreese

gixxerreese Well-Known Member

Wow I bet it would get really crazy if you add in his pen and blackberry lol.

10. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

Do it!! :clap:

11. sicc

sicc Well-Known Member

im not sure where to post so i will post here.

ive made about 65k for a while now. no kids, no mortgage, no investments, etc, just the EZ tax form. my average tax return has been about $400, except the one year Obama did that stimulus. That's with all 0's on my w4's. I just did my 2017 tax return and it came out to $1795. in actuality it came out to $3200 because i claimed a mortgage this year.

i intend to spend that money on my house. i'm no economist but this feels better than giving the excess money to the fed for whatever the fuck they do with it. plus it will help some business owner who will pay some of it back in taxes.

sounds like a win to me!

bacolmm and XFBO like this.
  12. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Pay off debt or the house (of course assuming you have a good emergency fund) This will get you were you really want is back to your under 400 (I got zero one year). You effectively sent the bank about 10K in interest to give the government a $3200 interest free loan. None of this is criticism of the path you are on just pointing out a good destination. Treating that refund as a toy budget or vacation as many do is really poor economic decision making as the majority of the country thinks. Remember is a refund of something that was already yours not a government 'benefit'.

TurboBlew likes this.
  13. lrrs517

lrrs517 Internet Investigative Officer

We never would have had such winning night if Jeb Bush, Christie, Cruz, Fiorina, Guliani, Graham, Huckabee, Jindal. Kasich, Martinez, Pataki, Paul, Pence, Perry, Romney. Rubio, Santorum, or Walker won the Republican nomination for President. Carlson maybe. The others are just insiders.

14. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

You realize the tax law didn't change with this years taxes right? They go into effect for the taxes you pay on income you make in 2018, not the taxes you are filing now.

badmoon692008, G 97 and cpettit like this.
  15. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Agreed mostly but not too sure about Cruz or Pence....still have some hope for them.

WRONG!

The taxes we are filing NOW were for 2017 wages, right?
    Well, next yrs tax season will be on THIS yrs income, so YES we are DEFINITELY seeing changes NOW from the potentially reduced federal tax schedule, depending on your income.
    Although most may not see a difference til the second week of this month.

I KNOW I was pleasantly surprised to see a boost in my deposit this morning. THANK YOU PRESIDENT TRUMP! #MAGA!!!!

Last edited: Feb 1, 2018
    sheepofblue likes this.
  16. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Let's see if I can make some folks smile this morning.....

[​IMG]

blkduc likes this.
  17. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

I was amazed at how much money he has.
    The Kennedys must print money at the compound in Hyannis.

18. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

Nothing in my response was wrong. You are correct that withholding has changed for 2018. Nothing in my post disputes or addresses that in any way. If would take time to properly read my post and what I quoted, you will understand that.

badmoon692008 and XFBO like this.
  19. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

You're correct, my apologies......I mixed up his and your reply with several others I'm seeing on FB regarding wages, his reply was solely referencing his tax refund. My bad.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2018
    2blueYam likes this.
  20. sicc

sicc Well-Known Member

you are right, i guess i got excited because my refund has never been that high. this morning i compared my returns from 2017 and 2016 and they are similar so I'm not sure why mine jumped this year. I just assumed the tax law.