1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So when does a trackday org really become a race org??

Discussion in 'General' started by CRA_Fizzer, Jul 20, 2018.

1. sbk1198

sbk1198 Well-Known Member

Good lord! And top SV's in the GTL are running 1:13s! lol

2. pawpawrc

pawpawrc Well-Known Member

What I think is hilarious is at every trackday I hit there seem to be a ton of Ducatis there with number plates. You never see any of them at races, WERA or otherwise. IDK about anyone else, but I’d feel like a douche if I numbered up my bike and never made a grid. I try to convince them to come out and stomp my slow ass, but I guess the fragile egos would rather tell everyone they “won the races” at the trackday.

Gorilla George and R1Racer99 like this.
  3. sbk1198

sbk1198 Well-Known Member

Yep. There are a lot more Ducatis and Aprilias at track days than at race events. I think on average I see 2 Ducatis and 1 Aprilia and the CCS events I've been to so far this year. And of course it's the same people. Funny cuz I raced the hell out of mine (figure of speech...I was slow, I sucked, but I tried lol). My old 1198 was the first bike I ever tracked and first I ever raced lol

Gino230 likes this.
  4. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

For some additional context, here are the Motovid times for trackday registration at BFR...those laptimes would get you lapped in novice.

BLUE GROUP - Advance Rules - Pace: BFR : 1:19 or less
    GREEN GROUP - Intermediate Rules - Pace : BFR : 1:24 or less
    ORANGE GROUP - Intermediate Rules - Pace : BFR : 1:29 or less
    YELLOW GROUP - Novice Rules - Pace BFR : 1:30 +