1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So when does a trackday org really become a race org??

Discussion in 'General' started by CRA_Fizzer, Jul 20, 2018.

1. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

Keigwins asked that on the registration form. I listed my policy # as NOYB123456 :D

Gorilla George likes this.
  2. There is.

I can't remember exactly how it is worded, but they (WERA) can black flag you if you are running a pace of 125% of the leaders (meaning you get lapped in less than 4 laps). I don't think I have ever seen it done. I have been in combined races at short tracks like Talladega where we caught lapped traffic within 4 laps (lapped them twice in the race), but I don't think they were black flagged. I think it is up to the official's discretion on how much of a hazard they are creating.

But I do like how the corner workers would give us a standing yellow flag as we approached them (especially at tracks with blind spots).

TurboBlew and sbk1198 like this.
  3. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Yes,we lap a few guys from ahrma that show up to race ccs vintage classes,a few times per sprint. Trust me, I love seeing those bikes out there,but eventually the guys gridding up need to use their heads and realise which event they are better suited for personally, for everyone's benefit. We all want to go home at the end of the weekend intact. If you are bolt upright and jamming the brakes mid corner,every corner,and not holding your line causing guys to nearly asspack you every Daggone time,then it's time to get off the track.

sbk1198 likes this.
  4. britx303

yep!! It drives me nuts.

5. busa99

busa99 Well-Known Member

Unlimited class? There was someone out there a couple weeks ago at NJ and the closing speed was dangerous.

britx303 likes this.
  6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Wow. That is beyond fucked up.

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

We have kept riders Novice who asked to go Expert due to many issues that had nothing to do with laptimes...

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Nope, it is merely ONE measure of a riders ability. Not necessarily the ultimate one.

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I have no idea as I don't pay attention to what series any racer normally runs. We treat all riders on track the same. If one is going slower it'll depend on the specific situation. A minute slower at Talladega is different than a minute at Road Atlanta for example.

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

No issue yet.

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

We ask for medical issues just in case something happens - we have that info handy at the track (in the computer) for medical personnel. A full history is silly. Insurance is useless as people would/will/could just lie.

12. drewnabobber

drewnabobber Well-Known Member

I'm sure they require that all the bikes are race prepped and wired right? No glycol etc? And the riders are licensed to compete and have passed some level of basic training (New racer school). If it's not all of those it seems like a big lawsuit waiting to happen.

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

FWIW - our limit is 120% - but it's of the class the rider is in so not necessarily the overall race leader. We do use the standing yellow all the time to give other riders aheads up. We do pull slower riders off if the difference is too great. We have send riders back to school to help them get their pace up. We do all sorts of things but all of them are based on our job being to get riders on track but at the same time do so as safely as possible.

sbk1198 likes this.
  14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Which set of rules do you use as the standard though? Ours and CCS' are pretty different with regard to wiring and glycol.

15. britx303

Yeah that initial post I wrote came from the feeling that AHRMA doesnt really focus on actual racing,and seems to be about show casing vintage bikes as first priority.So the impression many of us get is that many ahrma racers show up to race but still have the showcase mentality before going fast mentality.Putting your bikes looks ahead of performance (man and machine combined). Its been creating some serious issues lately,and I thought that I read in the WERA RB a few years ago that guys getting lapped so many times would be flagged off. Im obviously not the best author I admit it,so it may have come out different than I heard it in my head.....:confused:

16. G 97

G 97 Garth

Yeah I know what you are saying. And ultimately when it's all said and done It is only the lap time that matters. Whitnessed by pole position.

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I have never been to an AHRMA race but I do get what you mean just from the rules. However I do know a lot of riders who run with them and they are always out there to race.

Yes, people getting lapped too many times will get flagged - depending on the situation. If you ever have a question about a specific incident you can always find me at the track or email me after and I'll explain what's going on as best I can - I won't do it here as it just creates BS and there's no reason to try and call someone out for being slow.

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

When what exactly is all said and done? Races can be won by a rider with slower average times. Pole position is great but doesn't mean anything other than pole position. Doesn't prove a riders ability overall one way or the other.

19. britx303

True enough.Point respectfully taken.

20. Ducti89

Ducti89 Ticketing Melka’s dirtbike.....

This occurred at Roebling in March.