1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sessions the do nothing AG

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by sheepofblue, Mar 10, 2018.

1. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

Honest question, ever been in the corporate world in any capacity? Any idea how long it takes and how much money it costs to replace positions that require more than button pushing and not getting your hand smashed? But I'm sure the board of directors would be patient with Trump if he was running any fortune 500 company with this level of incompetence.

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

How much experience did say Tillerson have as SecState before Trump was elected?

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I really do wonder if you actually hear what you're saying sometime :crackup:

brex and BHP41 like this.
  4. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

Bet he wishes he’d done that now. He gave them an opening to get Mueller in, now he has to find a way to get rid of him but it doesn’t look easy. Mueller wants to bring charges and Serve Justice, he’s a Federal prosecutor it’s what they do. Warranted or not. Comey could have been controlled and then “encouraged” to retire for his health, family, or to pursue other opportunities. They could’ve given him the stick with whatever dirt they could find on him, then the carrot with a university presidency or something of similar stature. There are a lot of ways to encourage people to move on if firing them outright will cause issues.

I don’t think Mueller will slink away quietly. Even though I think the Russian collusion is horseshit, they’ll make cases for perjury, money laundering, tax evasion, obstruction, clean water ways act, endangered species act, the dog and pony show act, etc., all the usual ones they use when either they can’t get you on what they originally wanted or there’s nothing there. There are so many laws even the government has no idea how many there are in the United States Code. If they want you and you don’t have the ability to quash it, they will get you with something or just plain make something up.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2018
  5. Chino52405

So the guy who promised his voters "the best people" and trumpeted his executive experience should get a pass for not being able to seek good advice and make solid staffing choices? "Hasn't done it before..." that is exactly what good CEO's do when they walk into a totally new industry to take over the helm.

I guess I won't stop you from thinking that his executive experience was just a bs campaign promise, but that's a whole lot of mental gymnastics to avoid saying Trump isn't a real executive, thats just his brand persona.

6. BHP41

BHP41 Calling out B.A.N. everyday

If the guy you hired isn’t getting the job done, why would you keep him ?:confused:

Have you ever hired anyone before?

7. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

How about that pass given on ol' "hope and change"?

Hypocrite.

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

You don't get it both ways - which is it, he's a good CEO or he sucks? He should keep people who can't do the job he wants or he shouldn't? Pick one and run with it - until then the back and forth is just silly. We get it, you hate Trump no matter what he does. It doesn't matter if it makes sense or not, doesn't matter if it's a good move or not. Whatever it is you're going to be unhappy about it. We get that - so why not try to at least make some sense when complaining and if you can't logically bitch then just stick with "I hate Trump". So much simpler for all involved that way.

Quite simply I did not believe his campaign promises that he had all the best people (and I didn't assume those people once thrown into the swamp would survive it). So I don't care if he's moving people around after their first year and getting new blood in there. It is not indicative of his presidency going uphill or down. It's not really indicative of anything other than personnel changes.

One of the biggest issues in DC is people being there too damn long and losing touch with reality - no matter their beliefs or affiliations. I'm all for more rapid turnover.

kangasj and R Acree like this.
  9. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

Sure have, and I fire them if they don’t work out. What does that have to do with the price of tea in China? We’re talking about playing politics at the highest level, not a business. Trump clearly created a mess for himself by dumping Comey. Trump wanted to get into the political game, well he did in spectacular fashion. Then he fucked up. Let’s see if he can survive.

10. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Trump's changing of staff is actually close to my theory of those that are most capable of doing the job don't want it.

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Wait - with regard to people doing their jobs, why the hell should politics be different than business? That makes no sense at all. Trump pissed people off by dumping Comey - not sure that is the same as a real actual problem for him. Those same people have been pissed off since election night...

12. Chino52405

All the time, fire them too. If the job requires more than button pushing or lawn mowing, you can't get it wrong very often before you cripple your productivity, client relationships and profitability. Good executives get good information and make good decisions. Again, he wasn't cleaning house and I won't even touch the FBI nonsense right or wrong. Let's just say it costs your company 10k in productivity to replace a low skill position and that includes HR time interviewing, on boarding, and the new hire becoming proficient at the job. That's only assuming one HR interface and a hiring manager and is really low for a non-hourly setting. What do you think it costs US taxpayers to involve all the 3 letter agencies to vet for security clearance and run through the Senate for confirmation?
    A lot of people still have Hope because of Obama and clearly he changed things based on the dungeon's collective bitching and Trump's top agenda of removing Change. I personally don't give him a pass and wish he would have taken a harder line with his rhetoric while drone striking the middle east daily and keeping Gitmo open. I think Hillary was a shit choice for Sec of State and he should have continued to bury her after the election. Instead, that appointment is exactly what helped keep her relevant.

Yeah, not sure where you think I'm trying to have it both ways. He is shit as an executive.

13. G 97

G 97 Garth

When did liberals start being concerned with spending money. LOL :D

R Acree likes this.
  14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Then why are you upset at him removing people - I'm guessing people you have complained about him hiring in the first place?

15. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

At the same time that they started caring about who is sticking their dick into who.

kangasj and pickled egg like this.
  16. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

17. G 97

G 97 Garth

I agree with the change part. The only thing is, you didn’t specify Obamas change as being constructive, good or positive (because it wasn’t). I don’t believe most intelligent rational people consider change for the sake of change, as being beneficial and in this case, it was less then.

18. G 97

G 97 Garth

But it was just a cigar in the Oval Office. :D

19. Chino52405

Not in any way upset about him removing people in and of itself. I expressed a hope that Tillerson's actual business acumen would pay dividends in time and have simply been dungeon arguing that no organization (except gov't) could function with this level of disfunction. Which would be par for the course if the yahoo in the oval office didn't convince people how good of an executive he is.

20. Chango

Chango Something clever!

That appointment is also likely a huge part of her losing the election. Maybe if she had stayed out of the public eye and not demonstrated that she is such a vile, despicable, hateful person with no regard for the laws and security of the country she could have beaten the angry Oompa Loompa.