1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sessions the do nothing AG

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by sheepofblue, Mar 10, 2018.

1. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Well then....

2. kangasj

kangasj Banned

I was actually laughing when I heard the news Saturday. Now it will be interesting to see if charges are brought against Comey for perjury.

3. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

Being a novice at politics, especially at being president, it is quite conceivable that he needed to bring in the group of Secretaries that the did in order to get things moving. Now that he has his first year in it's time to sort through the group and weed out those that aren't on board with his agenda. I'm not surprised at all and I kind of doubt they are either.
    The other thing I'll add is, if you've ever had a new CEO, site superintendent you've seen exactly this same type of behavior. The new guy comes in, takes a few months to see how things go, then starts to sort out his staff banishing those that don't meet his expectations.

speeddaddy likes this.
  4. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

Yeah plus you have to remember that he chose most of his cabinet based on a list that was given to him. He hired most of those people on the suggestion of others...remember he wasn't already in politics so he didn't have people lined up. Getting rid of people is a good sign, it shows that getting the job done is more important than maintaining the "appearance" of getting the job done.

TurboBlew, speeddaddy and Robby-Bobby like this.
  5. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Don't leave out that he did not gut all the Obama people on entering (probably should have).

kangasj likes this.
  6. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

I can't get over the fact that it seems some people would rather a president make people feel good (orvis) more than they like actual results.

BHP41 and kangasj like this.
  7. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

I cant get over the fact that people would rather see the country fail because that means the man they hate failed.

Robby-Bobby, BHP41, Funkm05 and 2 others like this.
  8. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

But...he knows the best people and will have the best people surrounding him. So A.)Why would he even look at someone else's list and risk swamping up the place all over again? Wasn't that exactly what he ran on? B.)Now that nearly his entire cabinet and state dept are empty, where are all of these "best people" lined up wanting to work for him?
    I don't personally know of anyone rooting for the country to fail. A whole lot of people want Donald to fail, but mainly because they don't want the country to fail. Agree or disagree, I'm not sure why anyone who sat through Bush or Obama would expect anything to be different under Trump. The world was going to end if Bush got a second term and Obama was the Manchurian candidate who would never leave office after gutting the constitution. Now Trump is the Russian puppet authoritarian conducting a soft coup from the executive branch...

jase and R1Racer99 like this.
  9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I seem to remember seeing a new person replacing the old ones. I'm also not sure what the issue is with him replacing the people that all of the haters were bitching about when they first got appointed. I remember a lot of "Tillerson is an evil 1%er who works for evil big oil, he's a perfect example of why Trump is evil!!!" talk and now all of the sudden Tillerson is great and Trump firing him makes Trump well...evil... :crackup:

I know in every place I have ever worked we have had people we hired who just weren't the right fit in a job, they either got moved or totally replaced. Doesn't that make more sense than leaving them in the wrong job?

The president failing is a country fail to a large extent. Why would people expect things to be different? Because of all of the things you're bitching about oddly enough :D But I agree, the bitching is no different overall. Pick a routine and run with it until it's proven wrong then try another tack.

crashman likes this.
  10. kangasj

kangasj Banned

You might be onto something. And the county keeps on running...kind of...well running as good as a government runs. Maybe he can chop more heads and continue downsizing the government....:p

Motofun352 and blkduc like this.
  11. sheepofblue

Wait until Trump makes a recess appointment, we might all need ear plugs against the media whining.

12. blkduc

What?

This right here is the takeaway from firing people, no one truly gives a F what government people get fired and if one claims to actually care, it's just your TDS flaring up again. Trump is the only politician with balls that doesn't care WTF people think, he's going to get the job done and he's exactly what we need to clean house.

13. blkduc

I sure as hell hope so, I can't get enough of liberal tears.

14. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

If "I have the best people" doesn't ring a bell for you, I'm going to go out on a limb and say you didn't watch one debate or campaign speech from Trump.

Firing people that need to go is fine, firing everyone, and some multiple times after re-hiring them, that's extremely poor management. Turnover of the entire organization (full of people he hired) is extremely poor management. We can be as objective and results oriented in our judgement as possible and still know that the executive branch is a shitshow at the moment. The only positive is that maybe the legislative branch will stop being a bunch of do nothing idiots to try and compensate.

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

You truly take campaign speeches as pure fact?

Explains a lot of your issues :crackup:

Firing people and even full turnover is not poor management when the person who is running things has never been in a similar job before nor have most of the people who were originally hired. As the boss learns more they figure out who is a better fit for the different jobs, there is nothing wrong with that no matter who is president.

16. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

When grasping at straws, never pass up an opportunity to tilt at windmills.

TXFZ1 likes this.
  17. sheepofblue

You do realize that the Demoncats are slowing down any appointment he is making to a level of the last four presidents combined, right?

18. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

Yeah that’s the problem with betting on the wrong horse. That’s serendipity though. He’s fired several that committed illegal acts, but it’d have been politically unwise to keep those anyway as they were too damaged. Flynn for one was demonstrably fucked and not worth fighting for so he got the boot.

I wouldn’t read that as Trump exhibiting integrity, just shrewd political calculation.

McCabe wanted to play the game so I don’t feel sorry for him that he lost. I still see it as politically motivated though. It makes sense. Trump wants to discredit his enemies, publicly clearing out high level people who aren’t on his side is just good sense. 2 days before retirement is damned cold though, damn LOL.

I still think Trump firing Comey was a yuge mistake though. He should’ve left him there and controlled him.

19. kangasj

kangasj Banned

Ya, that's what I'd do with problem employees. Keep them around....good thinking...:rolleyes:

20. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Someone gotta look out for the swamp rats. :crackup:

kangasj likes this.