1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Round 6 |MotoAmerica Superbikes at New Jersey | SEP 11-13

Discussion in 'General' started by RossK6, Sep 9, 2020.

1. RossK6

RossK6 Grid Filler

[​IMG]
    All times are Eastern

upload_2020-9-9_7-46-59.png

The current weather forecast is looking iffy
    upload_2020-9-9_7-50-49.png

2. COOP 1

COOP 1 Well-Known Member

in on page 1

3. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

Are they allowing spectators for this round?

4. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

Bummer Andrew Lee won't be there since it looks like they have the ride sorted and ready to go.

Paasch gets the win in SS (he knows this track very well) with RE close in 2nd. CB runs away with SBK.

Now on to what matters: I got Rocco in the Twins cup and Sam Wiest to get a top 10.

As to spectators, they are selling tickets and advertising, so I would say there will be spectators. With that said, NJ still has some strict rules about a 14 day quarantine when coming into NJ from certain states. I believe NC, SC, MD, VA, WV, OH, and DE are all on that list. Will the Police be there enforcing it? Doubtful if the locals will but who knows if the State Police will show up and make a stink for those with out of state plates. Remember this is a state where you are not allowed to pump your own gas and if you are filling a gas can it has to be the right color.

BigBird and evakat like this.
  5. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

Going out on a limb eh?

As far spectators, I think im going. Hope the weather is good.

6. COOP 1

COOP 1 Well-Known Member

Really????

7. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

Yes. The State Police have also busted people for speeding in the pit lane, apparently that part of the track is considered part of the highway or something like that.

BigBird likes this.
  8. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

I assume SSP will be business as usual. Xavier Zayat should be into the top 5 easy and trailing the leaders. Since it's BPs home track I think he'll be chopping it up with SDK while Escalate runs away.
    Stk1000 grid is a lot smaller than I expected. Usually there are some locals but even Mesa isn't on the entry list.
    SBK business as usual. Probably a yamaha lockout of the podium. I hope to see Kyle Wyman battle for the podium. The Ridge was rough.
    Twins has the largest grid by we all know that class isn't important :D

9. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

RE over Paasch, Beaubier to crash out in a race, PJ to race and win STK 1000, RL sweep

Circacee likes this.
  10. Shocker

Shocker Well-Known Member

Here I could have sworn HSBK made an announcement that PJ was out for the year and it looks like he's registered for both the SBK and Stock1000 races.

11. jksoft

jksoft Well-Known Member

They did the same in PA for PittRace even though they never got approval for their plan. PA gov hasn't been quite as strict as NJ but pretty close. I expected to see something about it in the news afterward but nothing ever came of it. When we left the track, the state police were directing traffic.

12. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

In 2018, we only had one dry day, and Tyler Humphries set the pole at 1:29.0 Then it rained.
    2019 I don't recall what the pole was, but the boys did 26's in the race.
    2020 I hope they wait until at least Q2 before breaking that record!

Monsterdood likes this.
  13. GM GIXXER

GM GIXXER Well-Known Member

And then there is the earthquakes
    Capture.PNG

14. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

I believe NJMP was KW33's best ever finish in SBK when he was on the R1, so looking for him to make some waves this weekend.

15. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Hopefully his shit luck doesn't continue.

16. DBConz

DBConz Registered Idiot

Rocco was riding at the CCS round this past weekend and was doing pretty well.

17. badmoon692008

badmoon692008 Well-Known Member

Where did you see this? All the posts I've seen other than yours still look like he'll be there.

18. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

Yes. I heard one guy had 2 five gallon blue VP jugs he needed to fill. He luckily also had a 2 gallon red can. He had to have the attendant fill the red can like 5 times dumping it into his VP jugs between each fill up. Crazy stuff.

The Great Book of Motorcycle Road Racing truth otherwise known as Roadracingworld.com says Barber, not NJMP:

https://www.roadracingworld.com/news/motoamerica-andrew-lee-making-superbike-debut-at-barber/

19. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

It even says it in the first post of the thread on here else where.....he's only slated to do the Baber round later this month, not the NJMP round.

20. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member