1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Round 6 |MotoAmerica Superbikes at New Jersey | SEP 11-13

Discussion in 'General' started by RossK6, Sep 9, 2020.

1. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

Nothing but time and effort. Like Gino said, RF has one in development and it makes good power. Hasn't been on track yet. The new chassis is pretty flimsy like the Ninja 400 We'll see if it's a problem..

2. RossK6

RossK6 Grid Filler

I had always understood that the starting point for the Kawi was below other bikes, but that it was possible to see significant gains. Since more than a couple of folks race their stock LWT bike in the super bike class, (myself included) the number of guys out there with Kawi's might be limited by this.

3. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

Doesn't the Kawi have a bit more HP, but less torque vs. the SV? Isn't that part of the reason they do well at the IOMTT and not so much at many US tracks? That of course may not apply to MA motor builds.

4. 88/532

88/532 Simply Antagonistical

5. The Beer Hunter

The Beer Hunter Well-Known Member

If that Aprilla makes what they claim I imagine itll blow the twins cup field away.

6. sharky nrk

sharky nrk Rubber Side Up

not in stock or SSTK trim - in SBK trim or (IOMTT trim) they can be tuned beyond the normal SV SBK builds and more seemingly with more reliability.

2blueYam likes this.
  7. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

I'm under the impression the IOMTT twins class rules heavily favor the Kawi with what is allowed and isn't, basically kneecapping SV builds?

8. sharky nrk

sharky nrk Rubber Side Up

^^ I am not educated on the IOMTT rulebook specifically but I do believe I remember hearing that there were limitations on what you could do with the crank - and that was the biggest issue with SVs

9. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

You can get a reliable 100hp from the Kawi engine. Requires overbore. The 750cc Flat track engines are pretty rock solid as are the Yamahas.
    You don’t need 10,000 in your engine to make the power.

10. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

I agree and admire your dedication. But you said it yourself, you’re not even qualifying in majority so technically you’re not at the level of “grid filler” which in turn proves my point.

but it’s your time money and effort. Not mine. I respect the hustle.

Gino230 and YamahaRick like this.
  11. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Sounds like he was having an "off" day. They suck. At least he didn't take his ball and go home. He kept trying to make the game, as I'm sure he'll continue to do. Much props for a "one man" team. :bow:

What's that bit about "If you wanna go faster, you gotta ride with a faster group"? :cool:

KneeDragger_c69 and Gino230 like this.
  12. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

That was a neat write up. Just as a casual observer, I do believe they are living on the road, going from track to track. They are somewhere racing every weekend. That takes a tremendous amount of stamina- you have to admire that.

Circacee likes this.
  13. Ducman851

Ducman851 Been told I’m that guy, but I’m really not

Add the trips to Europe for the Red Bull Rookies Cup and that speaks volumes about dedication

14. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

Bump.

Is there a thread for this year's round? Really just looking for a schedule to plan around......

15. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

schedule

Attached Files:

50Joe and ajcjr like this.
  16. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

Thank you, sir.