1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Round 6 |MotoAmerica Superbikes at New Jersey | SEP 11-13

Discussion in 'General' started by RossK6, Sep 9, 2020.

1. javyday

javyday Well-Known Member

$150 fine

2. Circacee

Circacee Well-Known Member

$150 fine for speeding on a private track? fak.

henry_carlson likes this.
  3. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

That has been true for a long time. I worked as an AMA volunteer at several rounds at about the turn of the century, and a radar gun was used to monitor pit speeds back then.

henry_carlson likes this.
  4. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

How about a $150 fine for endangering the other racers and crew on a hot pit lane? Why do you think that all pit lanes at the pro level have a speed limit? Maybe they are really a speed trap for Officer Barney and MA needs the money.

The Great One and BigBird like this.
  5. Circacee

Circacee Well-Known Member

you're fun at parties..

6. CR750

CR750 Well-Known Member

Is it worth riding a motorcycle there to spectate? Parking-Access etc...

7. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

Oh yea, they have special parking for the bikes and plenty of grandstands.

8. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

These are the same conditions we had in 2017 for the wera race, streams of weather running across in bad spots and it suuuuucks

23103a likes this.
  9. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

What's up with Wyman? I thought Ducs liked water.

Yeah, picking up a bike for 10-15 degrees less lean angle mid corner then putting it back down is a bit odd looking.

10. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

The tv doesn't show how bad the water or where the water is either

11. 418

418 Expert #59

I'm gonna assume he can't afford another Ridge experience.

They've written off a lot of equipment and he had move back into his Mom's basement just to make it to NJMP.

True story, I heard it on the internet.

Attached Files:

12. prm

prm Well-Known Member

Kyle Wyman is now in the position of riding a bike, but with the concerns of a team owner in the back of his mind. That cannot be easy. Last race imposed some financial hardships I’m sure and he likely doesn’t want a repeat of that. I’d rather see him just be a racer, but respect what he’s doing.

Senna likes this.
  13. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

Responses are coming in more serious than I intended. I respect what he is doing in a big way. It has to be very tough wearing all those hats at once.

I guess I should have used the :D on my previous post, as I was just joking around. Also from what I have seen in WSBK, this particular Duc model isn't the water expert that previous Ducs have been.

418 and prm like this.
  14. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

One of the things at NJMP is that from the pits themselves to actually entering the track is a bloody long way, that's where (alledgedly) the po po busted people.

15. PeaPod

PeaPod Well-Known Member

Yeah! for Kawi 650 powa (or lack thereof) haha! Last minute but I will be down to watch. Good luck Monsterdood!

Monsterdood likes this.
  16. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

Water is always streaming right before wheelie hill. That part is sketchy for sure in these conditions.

17. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

I watched the Twins practice last night for a minute. I think Roger has just about given up on Floyd. He doesn’t even respond to him.

drop and Senna like this.
  18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

It's a fine from MotoAmerica for breaking the rules.

19. L8 Braker

L8 Braker 'Murica

Never been to NJMP before. Best place to be a spectator? Is there a place I can back my truck up to a fence line and sit in the back?

20. COOP 1

COOP 1 Well-Known Member

near the grandstand at turn 11 before going over the bridge