1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Round 5 |Komatsu MotoAmerica Superbikes at the Ridge | Aug 28 - 30

Discussion in 'General' started by RossK6, Aug 25, 2020.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

It's great to ask. Totally unrealistic but great.

We do not get first choice of dates anywhere. We usually don't get into the top ten of choosing dates. MA is in a better position at some tracks but not all. Then toss in the Covidiocy and having to reschedule and you have bad traveling and events up against each other that originally were not.

2. t11ravis

t11ravis huge carbon footprint

It was like that initially.

3. Suzuka_joe

Suzuka_joe Well-Known Member

I'm not saying i don't understand why they scheduled it all the way they did but its not surprising guys from the support classes are dropping and not doing this round. The original schedule was better but with COVID is all got fucked up. Still you can't expect racers to show up for only 1 race. They should have incentivised them with 2 races for each class.

henry_carlson likes this.
  4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Incentivized them? Again, professional racing. You expect people to show up for one race all the time, the 2 race stuff is for the fans not the racers.

5. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

Years ago, that was what we did. I think it was Daytona, Barber, California rounds (I forget the order), Miller, Wisconsin, Ohio, VIR and then later, NJMP was added. I think that was the order. One big loop.

6. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

Speaking of only 1 race, are they on some kind of odd time constraint? Usually we get 2 races of either twins or stock1000 but both only running once this weekend. Kind of a bummer but there's also wsbk so still no shortage of races to watch.

7. Henrybgood2

Henrybgood2 Well-Known Member

I don't think they messed up at all. This was the pre-Covid schedule.

2020 MotoAmerica Series (Provisional)

March 10-11 Barber Motorsports Park, Birmingham, Alabama (Preseason Test)

April 3-5 Circuit of The Americas, Austin, Texas

April 17-19 Michelin Raceway Road Atlanta, Braselton, Georgia

May 1-3 Virginia International Raceway, Alton, Virginia

May 29-31 Road America, Elkhart Lake, Wisconsin

June 26-28 Ridge Motorsports Park, Shelton, Washington

July 10-12 WeatherTech Raceway Laguna Seca, Monterey, California (TBC)

August 7-9 Pittsburgh International Race Complex, Wampum, Pennsylvania

August 21-23 Indianapolis Motor Speedway, Indianapolis, Indiana

Sept. 11-13 New Jersey Motorsports Park, Millville, New Jersey

Sept. 17-20 Barber Motorsports Park, Birmingham, Alabama

8. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Link to the entry list?

Twins Cup specifically please.

9. javyday

javyday Well-Known Member

10. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

11. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

Yeah I found that odd too.
    At least the Stock1000 guys can also do the SBK races. Feel bad for the twins guys.

Also, anyone know if there will be live timing for the test today? Im ready for some racing already

12. lightning97

lightning97 Well-Known Member

Making us run transponders so live timing should be up at 8 pacific. Twins and juniors up first together

rafa and JJJerry like this.
  13. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Nice to see how close Jake and Matthew are to Cameron. Anyone know what happened to Kyle Wyman?

upload_2020-8-27_15-8-16.png

14. rice r0cket

rice r0cket Well-Known Member

Anyone have details on Kyle's crash?

He seems okay, broken swingarm looks gnarly though.

Senna likes this.
  15. dieterly

dieterly Well-Known Member

What pictures?

16. rice r0cket

rice r0cket Well-Known Member

Nevermind, did a spot for the YouTube channel.

17. sbk1198

sbk1198 Well-Known Member

Was just looking at live timing for some of the sessions in the afternoon and then the results posted....who is this Adam Robarts dude and why is he not doing a full season? Dude's killing it out there so far! 2nd fastest today, just a bit faster than Escalante!

18. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Damn, feel bad for Kyle, that Dookati doesn't seem to crash well at all.

19. redtailracing

Also nice to see Toni is as close as he is. Hopefully with this track being new to everyone we will see a bit of a tighter grid in superbike than we've seen previously.

20. redtailracing

Yea, that was a bit gnarly considering a simple lowside. I think Kyle's bike has been hanging out with Fong's bike. I know there's always talk about a few specific GP riders' abilities to destroy equipment but I don't think anyone has mastered destroying equipment like Fong has. Not a knock against Fong. Everyone crashes sometimes. Just seems like for some reason every time Fong dismounts it's spectacular. Whether he highsides himself to the moon or it just starts as a simple front end tuck, you can pretty guarantee Fong's bike is going to be trying out for the olympic gymnastics team. Never seen anything like it. Kyle's crash seems to be similar based on what he said in the video.