1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Round 5 |Komatsu MotoAmerica Superbikes at the Ridge | Aug 28 - 30

Discussion in 'General' started by RossK6, Aug 25, 2020.

1. RossK6

RossK6 Grid Filler

Kind of a weird title, but straight off of the MA website - it looks Komatsu is a manufacturer of heavy construction equipment, so hats off to them.
    [​IMG]

All times are Pacific
    upload_2020-8-25_8-11-40.png upload_2020-8-25_8-11-40.png

TurboBlew, R1M370, BigBird and 2 others like this.
  2. edgefinder

edgefinder Well-Known Member

That looks like a fun track to ride, its got some hills, should make for great racing

TurboBlew and Shocker like this.
  3. Suzuka_joe

Suzuka_joe Well-Known Member

i love the chicane added, going to slow them down a tad and make another passing area for sure. Let see if Jake can latch onto Cam this weekend and make for a battle at the front.

4. COOP 1

COOP 1 Well-Known Member

+ 2

5. pscook

pscook Well-Known Member

I'll be working the parking lot on Thursday. They cancelled my volunteer work as no fans, and I really didn't want to work in the kitchen Friday-Sunday from 8 to 4:30. So I'll be watching from the couch instead of from the pits. Bummed.

My buddy is working security Friday through Sunday, so at least he gets a chance to hear the bikes.

henry_carlson likes this.
  6. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

Couldn't get a corner-worker gig? Locals have no trouble with that for National/International events...

7. pscook

pscook Well-Known Member

Nope. The moment I got the email that my job was cancelled I dropped a note for other jobs. The only one that came back was working in the kitchen for three days. I then got an offer from the Ridge office about the parking job as my buddy got the security. Without fans allowed all of the jobs filled up quick.

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

9. G 97

G 97 Garth

You never heard of Komatsu before?

10. Circacee

Circacee Well-Known Member

13,14,15 look awesome..

TurboBlew likes this.
  11. younglion

younglion Well-Known Member

Braking for T13 is interesting as the last 100' is sloped downward so you can't see the apex until well past your braking marker and it allows for some awesome passing but the 13/14/15 downhill mini corkscrew is actually IMO kind of a throw away section - really tight and one line through and the only key being to make sure you nail the exit of T16 as it leads onto the longest straight (which admittedly is a lot shorter now with the chicane).

The entire track is phenomenal though IMO - a great blend of fast/slow and there's lots of blind entries. I can't wait to see how the local PNW racers fare against the MA racers and to get a reference for just how slow I was when I raced there LOL... (looks like 5-6 seconds/lap added on to lap times for the addition of the new chicane)

12. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

Probably a city boy.

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Try emailing Kurt - [email protected] although I haven't seen much from him lately.

lightning97 likes this.
  14. Circacee

Circacee Well-Known Member

Awesome insight, thanks man! I'm also thinking there will be passing from 9-10 into 11? Looks like a hard braking zone.

15. pscook

pscook Well-Known Member

Kurt is the person who offered me the food services job. That same job was offered to my friend, so that's the only open opportunity for volunteering. Kurt was really nice about it. It seems that without spectators that volunteer positions dried up quick.

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Ahhhhhh - the MA hospitality kitchen thing. Honestly that would be a hell of a good gig :crackup:

17. younglion

younglion Well-Known Member

I'd say that's a safe bet for sure - on the bigger bikes heading uphill after T9 the front wheel is in the air all the way up hill and you have to roll off/dab the rear brake to get the front back down to take the fast right through T10 - it goes from super narrow to pretty wide open into T11 so yeah, should be some great block passes in there this weekend.

18. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

That was already a passing zone.

TurboBlew likes this.
  19. RossK6

RossK6 Grid Filler

Well, everything I had as a kid said Tonka. I've heard of them, but was't able to confirm who the sponsor was until I was able to match up their logo.

20. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I want one of their 931 XC Hippie Harvesters. I could harvest and debark an entire Phish, Dead and Friends and Jam band festival in a few hours with that.

Combine would go faster but who wants to load bails of Hippie after.

joec likes this.