1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Round 5 |Komatsu MotoAmerica Superbikes at the Ridge | Aug 28 - 30

Discussion in 'General' started by RossK6, Aug 25, 2020.

1. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Interesting how the 600 class used to be the R6 cup and now just one in the top 5.

upload_2020-8-28_10-25-13.png

sbk1198 likes this.
  2. CR750

CR750 Well-Known Member

Anyone know what happened to Chris Sarbora? He was running some great times on Thursday.

3. pscook

pscook Well-Known Member

I don't have a single picture from yesterday, but I got to hangout at the end of hot pit and watch the entry to the chicane for the afternoon. That will be a good addition to the race. The amount of infrastructure that is set up for this race is massive. Two giant video trucks plus the MA trailers is impressive. The schedule maintenance was, in a word, impressive. The clock on hot pit was always showing time remaining until "something," either end of practice or beginning of practice. Schedule maintenance was non-negotiable from my vantage point.

Kyle's crash was at turn seven which has a large g-out before turn eight. Depending on your line or speed it will do different things; Kyle's bike appeared to bottom out and cartwheel into the gravel, which destroyed the bike according to the crash truck driver as he watched it (literally) unfold.

Lots of WMRRA staff and riders at the track. I chatted with Chris Sarbora a bit, he didn't seem too anything either way, nice and relaxed. Not seeing him on the timing sheet is concerning but not too much. Good on Dustin Walbon for his showing, I hope that he keeps his head during the weekend.

4. sbk1198

sbk1198 Well-Known Member

Yeah that shit's crazy. He's definitely the guy to beat in that class this weekend, but it might end up being a battle for 2nd with Rocco checking out into the distance early on.

5. sbk1198

sbk1198 Well-Known Member

Glad the locals stepped up, cuz almost half the grid in STK1000 right now are new people that haven't done a round yet this year. Evidently Mesa and a few other regulars didn't want to drive across country.

6. Hoffman900

Hoffman900 Well-Known Member

Is Zanetti full SSTK spec?

7. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

Looks like Kyles bike didnt get fixed in time for the first practice.

I think Zanetti's bike is mostly SSTK, but he is racing on SBK, so im not sure.

8. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

So what is the best credit card processor? haha

It is nice to see other brands there, Im actually impressed by the Suzukis, its not like they came out with a new bike to compete.

Boman Forklift likes this.
  9. CR750

CR750 Well-Known Member

I think Graves had a lot to do with the Yamaha's up front. Just like they have a lot to do with the Kaw up front now.

badmoon692008 likes this.
  10. alan

alan Well-Known Member

Or 50% of the top 10

11. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

I feel bad that we didn't warn Kyle about the T7 front tuck monster.

There's a spot about half a foot wide that is apparenlty a cave for a bike destroying gremlin. It feeds off of the slightest touch of front brake as the track drops away.

12. kirk erlinger

kirk erlinger Well-Known Member

Roger ....................please ..................suffocate Robbie Floyd

tophyr, Shocker, 23103a and 4 others like this.
  13. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

This. Big time.

14. kirk erlinger

kirk erlinger Well-Known Member

Floyd can't even keep the riders names straight, just awful!!!

15. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

He's from the Pacific Northwest, is it safe to assume he's ridden there before? Sunday is what matters (Saturday night in case of the twins cup) :beer:

16. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

Clearly it would be justifiable homicide. It would be for the good of humanity.

On another note, I think Elias is looking much smoother and more comfortable than he has in the earlier races. I don't know if he is closer to the front as far as lap times go, but I think he can go faster more easily than he has so far this year.

5axis and kirk erlinger like this.
  17. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Question (non Twins).

Yates skipped this round, but when they were interviewing Cam B I saw a rider and crew in very definitely Honda gear in Parc Ferme.

Does one of the local 1000stock guys have Honda support?

Last edited: Aug 28, 2020
  18. Peter Hively

Peter Hively Registered

19. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

20. Peter Hively

Peter Hively Registered

Jayson and his family are amazing, very hard working and just good folks. Jay is also the reigning AFM Champion.