1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Round 5 |Komatsu MotoAmerica Superbikes at the Ridge | Aug 28 - 30

Discussion in 'General' started by RossK6, Aug 25, 2020.

1. Peter Hively

Peter Hively Registered

The test sessions is SSP/STK, I believe some of those locals are in STK1000. Like one guys listed as riding a BMW, don't think they make a 600. Should make more sense tomorrow.

2. sbk1198

sbk1198 Well-Known Member

Ahhh....I see now in the entry list he's listed in STK1000 on a GSXR1000. In the results sheet, it just showed "SUZ", same as SDK, so I was assuming he was on a GSXR600 running in supersport.

3. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

I didn’t realize that, but that explains why he had 4-5 mph more than the other 600’s.

4. younglion

younglion Well-Known Member

Adam is a former #1 plate holder with WMRRA so The Ridge is his home track. He's a Canadian who moved to the Seattle area 5-6 years ago now and the guy is a beast on a bike - 600 and/or 1000. He's also won the King of the Mountain races in Utah and a regional Championship in Vancouver before relocating South of the border.

Andy DiBrino, Sam Verderico, and David Kohlstead are also fellow WMRRA racers who'll have home track advantage - Andy and Adam are very closely matched in pace at The Ridge - hopefully they both show well this weekend!

TurboBlew, ronin1052 and Senna like this.
  5. sbk1198

sbk1198 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info. Always nice to see fast local guys doing wildcard races. I've heard of Andy DiBrino in the past, and I believe he's ran MotoAmerica before (although never a full season), but the name Adam Robarts was new to me and I mistakenly assumed he was on a 600, which would've been really impressive to be at a similar pace as the top SSP guys. So is DiBrino's bike a Superbike? Not STK legal? He rode with the Superbike guys in the practice sessions today.

6. younglion

I could be wrong but I believe Adam WAS on a 600 today.

2 weeks ago he did a 1:42.6 on his GSXR1000 in the Formula Ultra Superbike race so a 1:45.9 on his 600 is very believable for him.

I'm not sure about Andy's bike - it's an EDR built Kawi, that's about all I know. Andy did a 1:46.4 on his 600 there 2 weeks ago as well which would be within a second or so of SDK's lap time today.

These boys are fast.

Forgot to mention also I see Jeff Lane, Kevin Nanthrup, the Cresap father/son duo, the Pinkstaff bro's, and Brian Rose also in the mix - hopefully Dustin Walbon gets in there this weekend as well.

Lot's of local PNW talent - really wishing them well!

Last edited: Aug 27, 2020
    ronin1052 and sbk1198 like this.
  7. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

Too bad we’re missing an in form Chromie and Pierce. They are at least as fast.

ronin1052 and pscook like this.
  8. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

What is the weather forecast for the weekend?

9. younglion

Chromie was 3 sec/lap slower than Adam 2 weeks ago - no fault of his - he hasn't raced in 2 years now.

10. amartin

amartin Well-Known Member

Keep in mind the “best” lap times from wmrra a few weeks back are meaningless because they did not use the new kink on the first lap. Roughly speaking at the pointy end it looks like the new configuration is 6-7 seconds slower, so a guy like Adam who was able to run 1:38 in the old config, is probably 1:44-45 now. Adam in particular is a pirelli racer so he also has to deal with a different tire. Should be a good race regardless.

mmunoz411 likes this.
  11. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

YamahaRick likes this.
  12. younglion

First laps mean nothing from a lap time perspective as it's from a standing start but they ran the chicane in the race so it's exactly an apples to apples comparo.

As you say, Adam was doing 1:38's and is now doing high 1:42's so for him it's a 4.5 second/lap addition and for most other racers it's working out to be 5.5-6 seconds/lap difference in their lap times.

13. khill

khill Well-Known Member

Adam was on his GSXR1k and I believe his best I saw was a 45.9 from him. My math puts the chicane 7 seconds slower than no chicane....

Ken

ronin1052 and amartin like this.
  14. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

Based on what I saw on EDRs instagram I think it is a stock 1000 Kawi.

sbk1198 likes this.
  15. younglion

Thanks for clarifying Ken - armchair quarterbacking is a tough job but I'm always up for the task! LOL...

khill and ronin1052 like this.
  16. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

This MA thread doesn't have near enough twins talk, what is going on here? :D

Rocco tearing up the twins grid right now by 3 seconds.

17. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Live plus working for anybody ? I got nothing.

18. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

19. My live timing keeps freezing up from their end, live plus starts in a bit over an hour.

20. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

Glad to see MA has the same internet connectivity challenges that WMRRA has there.