1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Round 5 |Komatsu MotoAmerica Superbikes at the Ridge | Aug 28 - 30

Discussion in 'General' started by RossK6, Aug 25, 2020.

1. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Is he familiar with the Ridge? would be cool to see a wildcard local mix it up and shake up SB.

2. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

Jason has ridden all over the world in many levels so he can adapt!

The Great One, TurboBlew and RRP like this.
  3. Better hope you have a good crash budget for that place. Ya, ya don’t crash... but that place not only launches bikes right as the leave the pavement but then once it’s in the grass it cartwheels pretty much every bike. Curious what that dirt is profiled / graded like.

4. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

I really liked the MA Live + today, the timing and the social media added were very cool.

5. sbk1198

sbk1198 Well-Known Member

Gino what's up with the small entry lists in Twins and STK1000? Lot of the people that have done the previous rounds are not there. I assume a great deal of MA racers are from the east coast or southeast and they just didn't want to drive across country?

6. lightning97

lightning97 Well-Known Member

It doesn’t look like there is any smooth runoff. Max says it all looks rough. Almost every bike that went off cartwheeled today

7. khill

khill Well-Known Member

The track is super technical, you need precision - the TV does not do it justice.

Uribe had only one 1 track day here before and he is super impressive with that bike and lack of set up time here.

Rocco did an handful of days here before , knowing this track takes some time to figure out.

Ken

TurboBlew and iomfan like this.
  8. Black89

Black89 Well-Known Member

No sbk q2 on app or website

9. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

I don't know, there's only like, 6-12 place that can sneak up on you . . . :D

younglion likes this.
  10. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

How’s the imported Celtic guy doing?

lorenzo llamas or something like that?

11. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Ok - watching STK 1000 Q2, what is it about that left hand downhill turn that’s catching (appears so on TV) several riders out in multiple classes and the losing the front? Some bumps etc in that turn?

Side note: Not sure why I thought waiting until this morning would make the Floyd easier to listen to.

He really seems like he doesn’t KNOW anything about the teams etc. - so he makes stuff up and it’s inane.

With this being his second round/year announcing, it seems it would be better to get in paddock and talk to the teams and the riders and learn something as opposed to trying to “wing it”.

EDIT - please (MA) put Jamie Howe in the Booth with Roger...

Last edited: Aug 29, 2020
  12. Monsterdood

Monsterdood Well-Known Member

:stupid:

13. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

I can't speak for everyone, but the COVID reschedule has made it ALOT of driving. Some of us still work for a living, so to spend 4 days driving cross country, then 4 days back, for 3 sessions and a race.... For me and a few of the guys running similar pace as me, the bar has been raised significantly this year and we're struggling to keep up. In Atlanta, I was consistently lapping 2 seconds quicker than last year and still missed the cutoff by 0.05. Not saying anyone is giving up, but throwing in a round that includes 5,000 miles of driving to a new track was just a bit much for me, and many of the east coast guys. I also had bike issues at the last 2 rounds, so I thought I should stay back and work on my bike and my riding before finishing out the season. Looking forward to Jersey (as much as anyone CAN look forward to Jersey :crackup:) and of course, Barber!

Shocker, Monsterdood and noles19 like this.
  14. t11ravis

t11ravis huge carbon footprint

:crackup:

Gino230 and noles19 like this.
  15. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Aren’t you a pilot? Cargo plane rental? :D

16. t11ravis

You may be onto something there!

RRP likes this.
  17. t11ravis

Turner used to take 7-8 bikes (at a couple hundred a pop) out west when endurance went to Utah. He said that basically covered fuel for the whole trip.

18. hank748

hank748 Well-Known Member

The track does look interesting... how about a turn by turn overview? :bow:

19. sbk1198

Right about where I was guessing he'd be, 5-6th. About 2.5 seconds down from Beaubier, similar pace as Josh Herrin.

20. sbk1198

Makes sense. I would probably skip it too. The schedule really isn't helpful to people, the way the rounds are organized. If you're in the east, gotta drive across country to WA, then come all the way back to NJ, then IN and again all the way across to CA, then back home. It's ridiculous, but that's the downside of having a national championship in a country of this size. I'm guessing there isn't another national pro series for motorcycle racing that involves so much traveling as MotoAmerica. Maybe ASBK and CSBK but I think the Australian tracks and Canadian tracks are not quite as spread out as the MotoAmerica tracks are here.

I imagine the grids sizes at Laguna Seca will look similar to this weekend at the Ridge. Such a bummer that there's no racing at VIR this year, both in MotoAmerica and club racing :(