1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Revolting Nelson or Revolt At Nelson?

Discussion in 'General' started by John29, Sep 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Roach

Roach Yamaha Catapult Tester

I'm looking forward to Watkin's Glenn being added to the Schedule. It looks like a great layout, and I figure if you go really slow there, it's perfectly safe :D :D :D

(Yes, that was sarcasm ... but pointing out that there is a line somewhere)

- Roach

2. KovzR6

KovzR6 Well-Known Member

the walls are too close at 'front of the pack' novice pace..... hell, even terrance made his way into the tires in the carousel...... you know how slow he is? :Poke: :D (j/k T)

mongo has a point..... BUT sometime crashes do happen, no matter how fast your going, 15's 10's 6s.......... at 15's you might be ok. 10's your in trouble. 6's your fucked. if your lucky enough to walk away..... you bike wont be as lucky.

3. This did not really increase the runoff in turn 3. It actually looks like it is runoff for the carousell if run counterclockwise.

4. Kris87

Kris87 Friendly Smartass

i'll race you there. but lets agree to do 5 minute lap times, and no passing. not sure who will win, we'll figure it out though. :D

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yep - a good 20-30 feet. I'm not joking about them doing a shitload of work here.

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

But that's just it - the walls aren't an issue because you don't have enough traction here to go fast enough where they would become one. So the issue is pushing past that point of traction.

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Ummm, yes they did. I just looked at it today.

8. Lizard 1

Lizard 1 Well-Known Member

So, if Jensen came just to convince his competitors to do teh same to protect a points lead (I don't buy that for a minute), then what is Tray's or Lee's reasoning as to not ride?

Why is it so damn hard to believe a track is unsafe? Do you think the AMA guys would even consider Nelson? It wouldn't be based on stupid crap like poor toilets and bugs. They'd point out a ton of issues that still exist.

Good for top racers for standing up and saying it is too unsafe at their speeds. If the record got broken and it wasn't a National, why is it not reasonable to consider that they could get into :05s or lower? That is a terrible way to argue a point...

It's an unsafe track for many reasons. It always has been and unless they update, it is going to have to have someone get killed before anyone does something about it. Too bad it has to get to that...

9. Sacko DougK

Sacko DougK Well-Known Member

Shenandoah!!......Shenandoah!!.......Shenandoah!!

Attached Files:

10. Larry Denning

Larry Denning Well-Known Member

I think Dave Weber went head first into the wall between turn 1 and 2 last year. He made it over.
    There was not enough runoff for him to slow down or turn before he made impact.

11. Larry Denning

Larry Denning Well-Known Member

Jensen is actually behind in points in Open SS and B-SS.
    He is giving up points by not competing this weekend.
    Assuming he would win the races to gain points back to catch up.

12. Roach

Roach Yamaha Catapult Tester

We pulled Steve Bell and his bike out of the woods (over the wall) there in ... 2000 (? I think). The bike snapped a 4" tree in half, which was lucky because I don't know that Steve would have. I seem to remember they had to use one of those little bobcat like things to get the bike.

- Roach

13. E=MC2

E=MC2 Well-Known Member

Mongo, you consistently attempt to defend even the shittiest of tracks. The bump thing at Nashville, Laguna's terrible repave, Road Atlanta (sorta), and this Nelson place. why?

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Larry - I can come up with instances of riders getting to barriers every track we run at - guess we need to just quit racing altogether huh?

Brian - Sorry but it still doesn't work - the complaint that 2 of the riders have is that it's too dangerous to go the speeds they want to go. Well no shit, they can't run 15's at Road Atlanta safely either.

Just because you have 2 riders of the 120 or so on the property saying it's not safe doesn't make it so.

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yep, Glenn Szarek did that at Summit once too in 8 I think, Red Hot racing took out a 5-6" tree at Roebling, someone (could have been Glenn again) actually launched over the powerlines in T1 at Summit. Mark Junge had a rim break and went over the tires T6 at Roebling. 3 riders with them and/or bikes over the gravel and wall T1 Grattan, Ryan Landers launched a bike into the creek at the bottom of T4 Road A. Majority of one bike to or over the train tracks out of the bowl at Talladega. So using that logic we can only race at tracks where riders haven't had their bike over a wall. I'll take that into consideration doing next years schedule. I think that may leave is with races at Barber, Las Vegas and Miller and anywhere else new until that happens at those tracks.

16. MrWheeler

MrWheeler Well-Known Member

120 that paid, 2 that did not.

WERA's response is unremarkable.

17. Big Deezul

Big Deezul Gossamer has MOJO!!!

VIR is pretty safe, but I am sure it cost much more to use for the day then Ol Nelson :Poke:

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Nick - find me one spot where I said the pavement at Nelson was great. Find one where I said there is no bump at Nashville. Or one about Road A where I've said the wall in 12 doesn't exist.

I do defend against stupid where I see it. Your bullshit about Laguna was stupid. The excuses about Nelson are stupid. Bitching about the pavement transition at Nashville when you can rider around it is stupid. Is the track here bumpy - yep, but it's not too unsafe to race on. If people quit making stupid comments then I'll quit responding to them.

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

They paid and we gave them credits back for other races.

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

They won't give us more dates and it's not perfect either (all tracks have issues with runoff in certain areas) - but people don't complain for whatever reason.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.