1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Revolting Nelson or Revolt At Nelson?

Discussion in 'General' started by John29, Sep 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. John29

John29 Road racing since 1973

2. Larry Denning

Larry Denning Well-Known Member

About time someone posted about the revolution in Ohio.

3. Chango Malo

Chango Malo Well-Known Member

That place is disgusting even for a monkey, but it is preferred habitat for mosquitos and flies.

4. shakenbake

shakenbake Looking for my Burrow Owl

Even at my slow arse pace, I can tell ya the tire walls are close.
    Don't ask how I know. I'm kinda important, the tire walls know me around there:rolleyes:

5. The tire walls are pretty dam close there. Runoff in the carosel is very scary.

6. John29

John29 Road racing since 1973

The tire walls were close there in 1984! And the bikes then were a A LOT slower!

7. KovzR6

KovzR6 Well-Known Member

if nobody has seen what it looks like......

after i get out front i run 1:10s...... and its scary as shit :eek: hell, its scary as shit running :13s...... running sub 9's and crashing is almost a 100% of an ambulance or helicopter ride :( and remember, this is still us novices :P

http://94octane.com/temporary/082006_Bsstk.wmv

8. 27

27 Well-Known Member

It's a great start! Way to stick together guys!

9. KovzR6

KovzR6 Well-Known Member

no words on this from you Larry? they seem to know you around there :cool: .... have you ever tried poking their ribs :Poke: on moving the walls back?

10. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

If the racers felt so strong, I applaud their decision.

I hate to see it get to that point.

11. Kris87

Kris87 Friendly Smartass

sad for wera, but good for the riders to stick together, i know they're giving up a lot of contingency $.

12. E=MC2

E=MC2 Well-Known Member

That track looks terrbile!! It looked like some old country road or something.

That was a good race though, I didn't think you were gonna get that guy back and when you were closing up on him the other guy passed you and then you got them both back. :up:

13. Racer45

Racer45 old guy just tryin'

I love the layout there. Fun track but very little runoff. I remember last year when we went there and it rained over night. I said if there was any wetness on the track my bike was staying in the trailer.

I hope they can move some walls someday. I can't image running around there at the pace that some of those guys do

14. slaw0002

slaw0002 Not as fat !!!!!!!

I shold have gone out this weekend !!!! Maybee I could get a top 10 .:D

15. Roach

Roach Yamaha Catapult Tester

We stopped going 5 years ago.

The fastest lap I ever ran there was in the :13's on my 400, and that was as fast as I ever wanted to go around that place. Scared the hell out of me.

I couldn't imagine it at the speeds they're doing.

- Roach

16. fzrkidd

fzrkidd Well-Known Member

I see the track taking steps to correct the problem. The turn 4 area(not sure why they did the inside and not the runoff) is a good example though. Maybe we'll all show up next year and they will have made great progress durring the winter. I'm with racer 45, I love the layout of that track. I also agree that a repave before a wall move would be treacherous! Let's just hope Nelson hears the cries and takes the steps they need to improve the situation.

17. tony715

tony715 Well-Known Member

one thing we have to remember is that nelson has made some inprovements. They have moved some of the walls back outta 4 (i think, left hander). i don't know why this wouls be there first action but they did. the runoff outta the caurosel if terrible. i have heard from a few guys at the track they can;t do anything about it becasue it is wet land. (i don't know how true that is.)

i would hate to see a full boycott of the track. it is fun as hell and i get the impression that the track will work on upgrades. IMO if they could get rid of some of the bumps entering the caurosel it would be a little better.

if you look at all the tracks we ride there are definite issues. summit down the chute next to a concrete wall and turn three staring at a wall. beaver has armco outta the kink at full speed 15' off the track. turn 4 at VIR. although it is a slower corner i saw deluca and huff go off there battleing for position and come close to the tirewall there.

i have to admit i hated nelson the first time i went. i just decided it wasn't a place i was going to push my hardest. the place is alot of fun. the racers have to make it as safe as possible also. this means riding smart and safe and not taking a shitty pass underneath coming off the backstraight. that is the fastest turn on the track 6th all out. gettem on the exit or entry in 12.

all this of course is simply IMHO!!

18. Buckwild

Buckwild Radical

wow.
    Has any of these guys been there before?
    I would wonder why wait till now to voice concerns.
    Unless nobody seen the place, I would have thought that someone would speak up by now....

19. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

There have been some improvements made at that track. The rebar sticking out of the concrete through T1 was removed between the June and August races. What that stuff was doing there in the first place is beyond me.

20. Roach

Roach Yamaha Catapult Tester

Er, Jensen (the one in the article) set the overall lap record there 2 weeks ago (1:06) ... right after setting the overall lap record at Summit Point the week before.

I think he's a pretty good judge of things :)

- Roach

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.