1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Revolting Nelson or Revolt At Nelson?

Discussion in 'General' started by John29, Sep 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. E=MC2

E=MC2 Well-Known Member

cutting rebar is some high dollar work :rolleyes: , I imagine it took upwards of $50 :wow: for a circ saw and a metal cutting blade.

2. KovzR6

KovzR6 Well-Known Member

LOL ^^ true.

tony mentioned the turn 4 thing.......... yea, they made some great improvements there :rolleyes: clearing an extra 40 feet and adding a sand/gravel pit is a GREAT IDEA!!!!!! too bad its on the INSIDE of the turn :Poke: :rolleyes: :crackhead:

3. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

I can personally attest to the fact there's plenty of runoff on the outside of T4 as that's where I was pushed off the track ... at least, on the entry part.

4. Parkerson

Parkerson Kabahm

thank god i didn't go! Doesn;t sound like everyone having a good time.

5. Handicapped Racer

Handicapped Racer Well-Known Member

Ghey Just Plain Ole Ghey! Don't race, let someone else take the money, Someone pony up some bikes for Chris U. I'm sure he'd take the money and run. Protest today, and they well see you back there next race. Avoid the sprint races, but hey I'll run the 8hr in the dark, Trey threw down a faster time than most in the dark, attempting to adjust his head light! Give me a fucking break.

6. Racer45

Racer45 old guy just tryin'

I got pushed off there before. There is a good amount of room, but I still came within feet of hitting the wall.

Wansn't it Jenson's first time there at the regional?

7. Roach

Roach Yamaha Catapult Tester

You're kidding? What possible use could that have?

- Roach

8. Kris87

Kris87 Friendly Smartass

why is it such a big deal for you because they chose not to race? shouldnt every rider determine whats safe for THEMSELVES?

9. Don_728

Don_728 The dog made me do it!

I agree, riders should determine their comfort level and choose to race or not. The ghey part is racers who haven't been there jumping on the bash-wagon.

10. slaw0002

slaw0002 Not as fat !!!!!!!

Yup , If you dont feel like it safe , dont ride , Like Grattan CCW !!!!!!

11. ScottyRock155

ScottyRock155 A T-Rex going RAWR!

So if he was there 2 weeks ago, and the track hasn't improved since then, why would he show up only to boycott?:rolleyes:

12. slaw0002

I think he was only running 90% at the last race weekend , not that many really fast guys there . I dont think he wanted to race 100% with 5 other really fast guys running 105% :wow:

13. Sacko DougK

Sacko DougK Well-Known Member

My guess, he was committed to participate, however, showing up fullfilled his obligations and he could then voice his opinion. He probably pulled in after that last race weekend there and said WTF.

I think it's pretty shitty that racers who want to race have to go to measures like this to get things safe. We as club racers don't have the pull as the AMA guys who bring in money, so, for anyone of any clout to go through that to try and make things safer for us, I'm all for.

14. me b racin

me b racin Thermosman is my Hero

YES

15. me b racin

me b racin Thermosman is my Hero

Another YES

16. Roach

All the reasons mentioned above, and also to organize the boycott. The other fast guys will now also not be racing, thus the message is louder and the points race not affected.

- Roach

17. slaw0002

I still love the outhouse ( shed , 12 inch PVC pipe , and hole in the ground) next to the lookout tower .:Puke:

18. Roach

You apparently never went there before the revolutionary discovery of running water anywhere on the property (circa 2003 I believe).

- Roach

19. Racer45

Racer45 old guy just tryin'

I believe Trey said last year that the speed has out grown Nelson and it was not safe?

20. I really dont care about the plumbing. I would just like the track to be safer. I already made a decision not to race there or at summit before this post was started.

This is really the only way as racers that we can make ourselves heard. Especially in a case like this where wera goes there 4 times per year, if most wera riders followed suit, it would probably make a difference. It seems like the management of the track does want to change, as they have changed turn 4 (but not the right part to make a difference), but hopefully now they will make some more changes to the runoff.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.