1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Public Hanging of Boston Bomber

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by bodell, Apr 23, 2013.

1. ton

ton Arf!

well, there's that. :D

2. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Always look at the bright side of life....

3. HPPT

HPPT !!!

That's why I said "might", not "will." I think it could work on some people. I'm not optimistic that it would, though.

4. ton

ton Arf!

<looking for the whistling smiley, imagining Eric Idle>

5. HPPT

HPPT !!!

That's not deterrence, that's prevention. I believe deterrence leaves the decision in the hands of the potential perp. But I haven't checked the dictionary before this post. :D

6. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I'll gladly grant you that fine point.

I would consider removal of the hands to be a deterrence. It would make it kinda hard to wield a weapon, but with determination, one could find a way placing it squarely in the decision making category.

7. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

We can always try it and see...

8. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Yes but in the real world zombies don't exist so recidivism is not an issue if you off the killer.

9. used2Bfast

used2Bfast Still healing

I haven't read both threads completely, so forgive me if this vid and link has been posted already. Theres been discussion here and elsewhere whether the house to house searches in Watertown were with consent. This vid shows that they were absolutely not with the owners consent. We now live in a militarized police state at the first provocation. Ie. 2 dudes in Boston, or New Orleans after the storm, or maybe your neighborhood next time. All our rights go out the door and the black uniformed jackboots come knocking down our door, "for the greater good". This is a perfect example of "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."

This couldv'e just as easily been you, me, or our aging parents.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=2LrbsUVSVl8

http://www.naturalnews.com/040043_police_state_SWAT_home_raids.html#ixzz2RUK69khA

10. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

11. kangasj

kangasj Banned

Ya, searching all those houses without one warrant. Crazy police state crap. Looked a lot like martial law was unnofficially declared...

12. Flex Axlerod

Flex Axlerod Banned

13. HPPT

HPPT !!!

14. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

15. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

16. Joe Morris

Joe Morris Off The Reservation

Brilliant! Jon Stewart calling out liberalism on Fox. I don't think I can ever get tired of that.

17. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

So let me get this straight, LE has an active foot pursuit of an individual who is possibly armed and a suspect in the recent bombing, LE should have done what first? Amuse me.

18. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Damn it BO! Stop makin' sense! :tut:

19. Shyster d'Oil

Shyster d'Oil Gerard Frommage

Don't worry, he's not. :D

Active pursuit offers an exception to the general requirement that a search warrant be obtained before searching a home. But it generally applies to a single building or home, not an entire township.

Sorry BO, but if there's a shooting at the Paramus Mall you don't get to search every home in the town, even if you had Bat powers that revealed that the criminal was indeed dumb enough to hang out in Paramus.

Again, sorry. :D

20. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

It really sucks to be in agreement with The Fecolator. :stupid: