1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Public Hanging of Boston Bomber

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by bodell, Apr 23, 2013.

1. Flex Axlerod

Flex Axlerod Banned

SLACKtivism at its finest.

Public execution? You people have hit a new low.

2. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Mighty Mouse for Prezidunt! :bow:

3. 88/532

88/532 Simply Antagonistical

Kabooooom! ^^this^^.

[​IMG]

4. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Time for a short diatribe. This is not focused towards Bodell:

You know, for my total disdain of the late 60s hippy movement they did get out there organized and did something. They did as many things wrong as right but they were feet on the streets. Now, someone with a blog or a facebook page can call themselves a social activitist, all from the safety of their basement.

Look at the civil rights movement of the 50s and 60s to see what a social activism really is.

Social media can be a great and really powerful tool when combined with actually doing something. By itself, it's just stroking of one's own ego and lies.

5. Flex Axlerod

Flex Axlerod Banned

It is so cute that you still think there is a difference and that one, more than the other, has your best interest at heart.

6. aedwards01

aedwards01 Well-Known Member

Why? Because if you dont see it it doesn't happen. Have someone murder one of your close family members and tell me you would care who saw them put to death.

7. aedwards01

Such a true statement.

8. Flex Axlerod

Flex Axlerod Banned

Dancing in the streets chanting USA as they did in Boston and public retribution/execution look too familiar to me.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Family members have been invited to witness some executions in the past here in the USA.

Why do I actually think calling for a public execution is stupid (even though I've joked about it the past)?
    1) It's a waste of time. It's not going to happen in modern America. Forget it! Want to see a public execution? Go to Saudi Arabia, Iran or Pakistan, they do it.
    2) In this case it would be used to "rally the troops" for many radical groups. Not just radical islam but the fringe ultra right and everyone between.
    3) it creates a mob mentality.
    4) You've just created a martyr and did it live on pay per view.

If convicted and sentenced to death, I'll support the decision with a "f@ck yeah!" If he is convicted and thrown into the hell that is a super max I'll celebrate even more because he would have to deal with that death every day for decades.

10. bodell

bodell Green Racing Advocate

I appreciate you not focusing this on me directly, and I agree with you about this in some instances, however it would be ridiculous not to use social media as a tool for public outcry.

Obviously there will be no hanging in Boston, there isn’t even a death penalty. The point of this blatantly politically incorrect gesture is to show that there are Americans who do not embrace the overwhelming flood of political correctness that rules our world.

The most horrific part of what went down in Boston was the police state and warrantless searches of citizen’s homes at gunpoint to catch a kid who will be nothing more as a vessel used to take away more of our rights.

I have done much more relevant and significant "activist" efforts during the gun control debates and with CBA/ABATE for motorcyclist rights. I have written letters and contacted senators, etc. regarding many worthwhile causes. This time I just felt like giving the finger to the super liberal media and system that is hell bent on taking away freedom and vilifying people who believe that NOTHING is more important than liberty, especially some false sense of security that is used to justify everything that happened in Watertown.

11. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I'll agree with you 100% on that. Watching the "tanks" roll through the streets with troops armed to the teeth scared me as much as anything else once I thought about it.

I can't help but think it was as much a show to scare the vocal and pissed off as to catch the piece of shit who killed innocents.

12. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

I'm with Flexo. :stupid:

Barbarism met with barbarism, fanned with fanaticism (and don't think for a second that nationalism isn't fanatical) breeds further barbarism. *If* this kid did it, *if* he gets a fair and impartial trial by jury, and *if* he's convicted beyond a shadow of a doubt, by all means, carry out the execution, if so sentenced, in the manner most discreet.

I remember when they sizzled Bundy. They were calling for a blackout nationwide to make sure he got all the juice needed to send him to hell.

Sensationalistic killing as a form of cathartic entertainment doesn't speak highly of our species.

13. aedwards01

I was wondering about that. If they knocked on a door looking for these guys and the residents refused to let them were they pushing their way in and searching anyways?

14. aedwards01

15. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Kind of laughing at the photos above. They remind me sickenly of the "parties" in the street when the local sports team wins (or loses) a championship.

"Hey, the local foosball team won the stanley cup, let's burn some cars and loot the food king!!!"

16. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

Google gang revenge shooting...happens all the time

17. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

I've changed my opinion. We should be as nice as possible to them. Maybe they'll stop blowing us up. I wonder if terrorists like ice cream? We could do ice cream socials. :up:

18. Shyster d'Oil

Shyster d'Oil Gerard Frommage

I'm willing to bet $ (loser pays the Red Flag Fund), that the execution takes place.

It may take a while, but if it means you paying out $ I am totally can wait. :D

19. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Dude, I don't have any money, I'm poor! :D No Yeller ferrari in my garage. Shit, I can't even afford the garage! :crackup:

20. Flex Axlerod

Flex Axlerod Banned

If they are "enemy combatants" we should treat them exactly how we EXPECT our own POW's (that is what they are) to be treated.

If they are domestic criminals we should treat them like any other domestic criminal.

This is why we have laws. They are not suggestive, they are law and must be followed or our entire system of "democracy" is a sham (clue: it is a sham).