1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Public Hanging of Boston Bomber

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by bodell, Apr 23, 2013.

1. bodell

bodell Green Racing Advocate

So, the "we are so much more righteous than the criminal" attitude of the 8th basically says that someone could kill thousands of people in the most cruel and unusual way, and the worst that could happen is a stick in the arm. Doesn't sound like much of a deterrent to the jihad type.

2. bodell

bodell Green Racing Advocate

Liberals - Trade liberty to feel safe and cared for. Conservatives - Will shoot you to be free.

3. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

What would be a 'deterrent' to someone who believes he/she is doing their deity's work?

4. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

If extremists of all beliefs are willing to commit those acts, sacrifice themselves and wreak havoc and destruction, do you really believe that the death penalty is a deterrent to start with?

5. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Banning virgins.

6. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Liberals wrote the "Patriot Act"? :eek:

7. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

There isn't one. Regardless of Deity/Deities..

[​IMG]

8. HPPT

HPPT !!!

If you think you can deter jihadists, you may not understand what jihad is.

But I agree that the threat of savagery might deter criminals.

9. ton

ton Arf!

interesting concepts of freedom and liberty there.

10. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

Having lived in and among the hippies of the mid/late sixties while attending North Texas State University (drug capital of the SW during that time) I observed the movement in this way. There were a few, mostly older students and some liberal professors, that were true semi-militants against the war and mainstream society. All the rest, maybe 80% of all hippies, were simply "hangers-on" that were in it for the free sex and drugs. If the Baptist church had been offering the same thing then many of the hippies would be Baptist preachers today. In other words, many of them didn't give a shit one way or the other about the hippie movement.

11. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Fixed

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Dunno, Biden is the proponent of not aiming, Cheney was aiming, just not very well :D

13. Shyster d'Oil

Shyster d'Oil Gerard Frommage

I don't get this. Were the assassains antisemitic?

14. Shyster d'Oil

:D

15. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Porky Pig was the punishment. The star was for my amusement. Don't try so hard Dang Wong.

16. Shyster d'Oil

The death penalty has not detered crime. Would savagery be more effective?

17. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

Originally Posted by Flex Axlerod View Post
    I have no idea what elucidate means.

Uh oh, this could mean trouble for Flex. If he doesn't know what the word means, then he can't figure it out. Vicious circle. :)

18. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Don't know, he got that lawyer right in the face, I'd say he was a great shot. Wrong load though. :D

19. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

I'd call it a lifestyle rather than a movement, for the most part.

20. R Acree

R Acree Banned

With the exception of recidivism.