1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Public Hanging of Boston Bomber

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by bodell, Apr 23, 2013.

1. Flex Axlerod

Flex Axlerod Banned

It would seem we have a clash here between what is practical from a law enforcement standpoint and what is legal in terms of constitutional rights. If I were charged with finding the guy(s), I flip every stone. However, entering a home on a whim could easily be viewed as illegal search. It is a difficult balance to strike.

Like my new tone on these subject XFBO? I am trying buddy. ;)

2. Shyster d'Oil

Shyster d'Oil Gerard Frommage

I always question my self if you agree. :D

3. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

That seems silly. You just got confirmation you found that nut, my squirrel of inadequate eyesight. :crackup:

4. HPPT

HPPT !!!

:crackup:

5. Shyster d'Oil

Fark off, bith.

6. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

"Generally"..... :crackup:

"Generally", we don't have domestic terrorist(s) on the run a few days after a bombing only to be followed in one night of chaos starting with a Campus Police Officer shot dead execution style, a carjacking, a vehicular pursuit which includes guns shooting, grenades tossed out of the window in an attempt to get away, followed by more gun shoot outs, then another brief car pursuit that leads to a foot pursuit and a lost suspect.....who MIGHT be wearing an explosive vest. Hmmm, did I leave any important details out?!?!? "Generally", I try to be on point with important shit like this.

So, NOW, they have a certain area marked off where they think the suspect is narrowed down and y'all have a problem with POSSIBLE warrantless searches? Seriously? SMH!

For fvcks sake, are there any documented home searches that were genuinely breached without permission or are you dumb asses bitching just to bitch?
    That is a serious question btw, if you lived in that area and the police came knocking, you'd ask where's your warrant? You wouldn't want your home cleared for peace of mind?

Last edited: Apr 26, 2013
  7. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

I definitely have noticed, the new meds seem to be working much better than your last. :Poke:

:D

8. BR549

BR549 Well-Known Member

This new and improved Flex sucks. :down:

Could we have the old Flex back? :clap:

9. Shyster d'Oil

You might get permission for a body cavity search on a simple traffic stop (NTTAWWT), but permission is not the point.

I think that the Constitution actually matters, and that it even applies to you, your Batpowers not withstanding.

Now, do you know what the rule is on hot pursuit? Because if you don't you should really look it up. I can do it for you, but you'll have to wait until next week. So just be careful over the weekend if any crimes occur at the mall.

10. mfbRSV

mfbRSV Well-Known Member

I would tell the jack booted thugs I already cleared it myself.

:D

11. BR549

BR549 Well-Known Member

Unless the police had a visual on the suspect and chased him into that house, then calling that search a product of a "hot", "active", or "fresh", pursuit is going to be a pretty hard sell. On the other hand, do we know the occupants of the house didn't give their consent for the search, or that a neighbor with an ax to grind with didn't tell the police that someone, who looked like the suspect, had just run inside the place? How many homes were searched in that manner?

12. aedwards01

aedwards01 Well-Known Member

:stupid:

Those were my questions. By the show of force they had and what looked like a secondary staging area up the street I was thinking they had intel he was damn close if not in that house.

That being said, with that many people holding the perimeter dude aint goin anywhere. Get a warrant and dont risk something getting tossed because of your illegal search. Not that this butt wagon will ever see the light of day again no matter what. The safest place for this guy will be in jail.

13. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Yes, I do smart ass.

Do you know the difference between a 3rd or 4th degree crime and a first?
    You think maybe a Superior Court Judge would too?

You fvcking attorneys crack me the hell up, you'd be the first to hang that Department if they broke off that 'hot pursuit', (due to the 'rule' you're bringing up) and someone got their shit blown up because of it.

Why do I seem agitated?
    Because as much as I expect the dumbassery in here on all things LE, I definitely expect better from an alleged attorney. MY BAD!

No you wouldn't, living up there, you'd be a liberal against all things violent. :Poke:

And why do you feel the need to piss in the whiners bowl of Cheerios??? :up:

14. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

15. Shyster d'Oil

Please tell me how the degree of the crime trumps the constitution. I'll wait.

And genius, you totally took the bait. :D

16. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Screw you.

17. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

You must be thinkin' of Putter, not the barrister.

18. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

I would be willing to bet that the commanders of the teams looking for the bomber had it in their minds that catching the suspect was first and foremost on their list of things to do at all costs. Since the suspect had so many prior charges staring at him the problem of a homeowner complaining that they had entered his home without a warrant was not even on their radar. They could deal with that minor problem at a later date. In fact, they might have had a tendency to take a closer look at that complaining homeowner, who insisted on a warrant, to see just how militant he really was. He might be a problem in the future. :)

19. ton

ton Arf!

i'll take exigent circumstances exceptions to the 4th and emergency exceptions to the 5th/14th procedural due process for $500, Alex.

and while there would be a question of whether or not the facts warranted it, i dare you to take the case of one of the "violated" homeowners on contingency.

20. Shyster d'Oil

I don't do those cases. I defend police officers.

But I could see a situation where a search is requested and the homeowners say no thank you. The homeowner might be angry enough to sue, and he would be within his rights to do so absent a warrant or hot pursuit.