1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Orange County Ca. Liberal policies create a shithole

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by G 97, Jan 15, 2018.

1. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

That’s the Santa Ana River Trail. They’re planning to spend millions to expand it from the sea up to the San Bernardino Mountains. It’ll be the longest continuous bike trail in the country I believe. I have friends who used to ride on it and won’t anymore because it’s not safe. It’s unfortunate tax payers can’t even use the infrastructure because the government allows it to become infested like this. Most of these people are drug addicts, crazy, or illegals. We don’t seem to commit people to mental institutions too much anymore, the druggies are a scourge nationwide, and the Feds allow illegals to flood our streets. Policy is broken all the way around, not just with idiot leftists in city and state government. Send the illegals back from whence they came, send crazy people to mental institutions, and the druggies... Don’t know about them. What’s realistic? Yeah it’d be great to send them all to work camps until they sober up like some countries do but that won’t happen.

The Santa Ana River Trail is bad. Skid row in Los Angeles makes Mogadishu look like the center of civilization.

2. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Again easy, allow your LE branches to police, ENFORCE and prosecute the already present written laws.....not ignore them cuz it might lead to more votes down the road.

The Feds??? In Cali, I think you mean the State/County/Locals.

3. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

renters rights... :rolleyes: There used to be an ex copper in FL that did "rapid evictions". $4500 non refundable cash.
    Guaranteed results. Why so much money? Because he was very convincing and effective...lol. I met the guy once through a mutual friend. Thankfully Ive never needed that technique. :D

Boman Forklift likes this.
  4. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

They do it semi regularly, unfortunately it's pointless as there isn't any room in the jail and they'll be immediately released. LE doesn't prosecute, that's the DA's job.

5. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Bring back work farms.

6. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

:crackup: Thanks, I needed that.

1) Truth is, Cali is inundated with weak minded people who prefer coming up with BS excuses than fixing a problem. If the sentences are too short then advocate for longer ones, unless you're OK with your State turning into a shithole.....Oh wait...
    2) LOL.....the DA's Office is VERY MUCH part of the 'LE branch' in government, get with the program already. :moon:

7. R Acree

R Acree Banned

DAs are elected. They don't want to piss off their voters.

8. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Interesting. In NJ, they're appointed by the Gov (5 yr terms IIRC)......Sheriff's are elected and officially the highest elected LE official.

9. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Hmmm. Maybe CA has appointed DAs. Ours are elected.

Nope...just checked, CA DAs are elected. Even appointed LE officials are very much political animals.

10. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

Same system here in Portland, Oregon. If you are lucky, and the tenant doesn't abuse the system, they leave. Otherwise 6-9 months and the police won't do anything. We also now have rental increase caps. If you increase rent and the tenant moves out because of it, the landlord has to pay them a relocation fee of up to $4500.00

11. Big T

Big T Well-Known Member

Portland also has a rails to trail path that has become a homeless camp, drug den and violence center. They occasionally go in and sweep out an area, the homeless just move down the path a few blocks.

Car theft is rampant and the police do little to recover them. If they stumble across your stolen car, they might call you and give you 1/2 hour to come get it. Then, it's towed and you're out $300.

Best new policy from yesterday. They choke off main arterials to make them bike and pedestrian friendly, so drivers cut through neighborhood streets. Speeding down neighborhood streets is now an issue, so the City lowered the speed limit from 25 to 20. Like speeders care about the limit in the first place. That'll solve the problem!!!

12. CausticYarn

CausticYarn Well-Known Member

My aunt had a PCA living with her while she worked, the PCA was given lodging and food along with her pay to take care of my aunt 24 hours a day. She moved her entire family in to the small bedroom - Her baby daddy, her mom and dad, and her infant. They all lived in that one room without her knowing about it. She was bed ridden and really didn't know what was happening. As soon as my Aunt's children figured it out, they told the PCA that her services were no longer needed and she had to leave. The entire family refused to vacate the premises, and because they had been there more than 30 days (even squatting), they were considered residents and needed to be evicted. My aunt had to serve these squatters a 30 day eviction notice and they stayed up until midnight on the 30th day. Apparently, this isn't the first time this has happened with these people.

How the fuck is that even allowed?
    Why is that allowed?
    These people took advantage of a vulnerable adult and were not punished in the least for it - they will just move on to the next sucker.

Boman Forklift likes this.
  13. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Sounds like Portland is kinda stupid...

14. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Liberal logic. If you own property you are a robber land baron taking advantage of the poor disadvantaged scam artists.

15. Newsshooter

Still doesn't solve the problem, you can't incarcerate your way out of a homeless population, I guess we could go back to the old days of beatings and putting them on a bus to your town. It would be cheaper to give them each 30K per year than to incarcerate them for a year. While I'm not advocating giving anyone money for nothing, it does give those that do a rational argument. And while the DA is part of LE in the sense that they prosecute, they aren't police and sheriff. They won't prosecute if the LEO's don't do their job. DA and Sheriff are elected here, Police Chief is appointed.

16. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

Maybe we're looking at it wrong. It's possible that, since Orange county is conservative, the conservatives are actually the people that treat the homeless best so that's where the homeless goes to live. Has anyone seen the liberals actually do something positive for the homeless, black race, or any other minorities for that matter? I'm talking about really, really doing something positive to get those people out of their plight, and not just handing them a few bucks, a pat on the back, then sending them on their way.

17. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

LOL, yeah, that certainly does look like some sanctioned event rather than law enforcement allowing the homeless to pitch a tent on a public street. The homeless win again. :D

18. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Conversely, if the DA won't prosecute, why should Law Enforcement bother?

19. Newsshooter

So you think the DA should prosecute every case the LEO's bring them, regardless of merit?

I've seen liberal and conservatives do something positive for the homeless, I know several doctors and nurses and a couple dentists that donate their time weekly to treat the local population at the clinic next to the homeless shelter. It isn't all homeless, there's more than a few that are just poor and can't afford healthcare. I gave a woman a ride to the local shelter a couple weeks ago. She was in her 70's, lives in a rundown house on the other side of town but goes for the free lunch a couple times a week because she is very poor. I know of a couple others that started a school for the homeless kids in the area, last time I was there they had about 40 students. While I'd say the teacher was liberal I know much of her support is from conservative residents.

20. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I'm not saying that at all. My point is that law enforcement requires both the LEO and DA to work together. If a politically motivated DA chooses not to prosecute certain crimes, then it is unlikely that the police will waste time building a case on those offenses. If a DA requires specific levels of proof to prosecute, most LEOs know when to bring the case to the DA.