1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Orange County Ca. Liberal policies create a shithole

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by G 97, Jan 15, 2018.

1. CausticYarn

CausticYarn Well-Known Member

I am still not understanding what arresting the homeless is going to do to solve the problem.

2. beac83

beac83 "My safeword is bananna"

Well, for all the talking here, they must be doing something right.

GDP (2013) $197.1 Billion (more than the GDP of 21 states - most of them red states)
    Population (2010) 3,010,232 (larger than 21 US States)

Third most conservative county in the United States (2005 study)

Voted Republican in every presidential election since 1888, except 4 - 1912, 1932, 1936, and 2016

The vast majority of elected officials are Republicans.

Keep on hatin' You are only reflecting on one of the most Republican counties in the USA.

Interesting read: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orange_County,_California

cpettit likes this.
  3. G 97

G 97 Garth

You honestly can watch that video and in good conscience believe they are doing it right?

4. lrrs517

lrrs517 Internet Investigative Officer

The Great Society. Start at wikipedia and follow links and learn.

5. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Same can be said about any other crime, no?

There are lotsa shelters out there, the problem is a very large portion of homeless people have ZERO desire to follow their rules, let alone the criminal code. Hence why we have these communal, of sorts, cardboard box condo's where ever they feel like putting them up. Ignore the problem and it grows and becomes more difficult to deal with down the road. So I subscribe to the nip it in the bud program, liberals, apparently, don't.

Some here seem to be OK with the idea of letting them do whatever the hell they want, simply because the term "homeless" is attached to them.....please. I'm pretty sure those very same people would have quite the issue if they wake up tomorrow morning with a few people living in their backyard.

Life is simple, follow the law and oddly enough no one will really ever bother you.

kangasj likes this.
  6. intrcptrrdr

intrcptrrdr Well-Known Member

To the copper's point, and I feel really icky about agreeing with the jack-booted thug...wasn't vagrancy a crime at some point?

badmoon692008 likes this.
  7. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

The ex-fuzz is right. There's plenty of help available for people that need it.
    Some people need a handout, some need a hand up and some need a backhand.

badmoon692008 likes this.
  8. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

I would say over half out homeless here are in $300 tennis shoes and just collecting money for weed. They are in their 20's and I see them in the dispensaries (when I drive by on the way to church of course) all the time.

There is one who just has a sign that says coffee. I have given him coffee only. He has no more appreciation for a latte than he does 7-11 swill.

There is also one homeless guy who wants bicycles tubes from me. I have given him tubes twice because he is going through them riding to his part time job 14 miles away. I have talked to him enough to know that he is very, very mentally ill. However, he holds down that job at the wildlife center for 20 hours a week. That's why I help him.

Boman Forklift likes this.
  9. CausticYarn

There is not plenty of help.
    The shelters are constantly full around here and many of them only accept women and children.

No one has told me exactly what arresting them will do to help the problem. Only that they should be arrested.
    Fine, After you arrest them and they go right back to the streets afterwards, what then?

I can throw you in jail for not having a fence around your swimming pool, but that isn't going to build the fence for you.

Newsshooter likes this.
  10. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

Catch and release is a game we play to ignore the causes. PTSD, domestic abuse, prescription addiction, mental health, etc. Some people absolutely do not deserve help or sympathy, but to assert there are sufficient resources available for those who want off the streets is flat out wrong.

11. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

:rolleyes:

Since you seem to be sticking strongly to this mindset, please do explain......... why arrest ANYONE?
    Theft continues to happen, even when thieves go to jail.
    Rape continues to happen, even when the rapist goes to jail.
    Drug dealing continues to happen, even when the dealer goes to jail.

Of all those criminals above, after serving their sentence, 75+% are rearrested for the same or worse crimes.......so FINE, why bother? :Poke:

12. CausticYarn

uh.
    I never even said don't arrest them. I was looking for an answer to what that would solve????
    I have no solution to this problem, I am looking for a solution.
    You inserted an awful lot of assumption from me just asking a fucking question without giving any opinion.
    You cant seem to give that answer, you just want to lock them up and spend more tax payer money for no reason.
    If you are going to waste money on them, why not use it on an actual solution to the vagrancy problem...

Also: We arrest rapists, thieves, and drug dealers because they have victims and they interfere with the rights of others.

So, officer, :rolleyes: yourself.

13. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

14. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

LOL!

Excuuuuusseeee me for thinking those fluffy questions had more meaning, to a [possibly liberal] position, than merely being clueless about the subject. LOL.... ;)

OK, so why not tackle my question?

Crimes happen daily, the vast majority of those crimes are committed by repeat offenders, what should we do different?

How can we change how that money (Court, lawyers, jail/prison) is spent?

Also: most crimes, if not all, have victims....you can personalize them all you like for more effect but vagrancy type crimes also have victims......Your Aunt was a victim, of homeless types, no?

15. CausticYarn

You are a brick fucking wall.

joec likes this.
  16. intrcptrrdr

Phrasing.

17. intrcptrrdr

Is vagrancy a victim-less crime? I don't think it is. Is it as bad as rape or murder, no.

The poh-leece don't need to have the solution. Their job is to find criminals and arrest or shoot them. Not sort them.

We free citizens who are interested in the problem need to find the solution.
    I don't have one to offer yet. But it does bother me to see what appear to be able bodied people on the corner next to Wal-Mart begging me for money for food and upon offering them a bag or two of my groceries they are indignant.

18. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

I know what I am, but what are YOU??? :P

19. speeddaddy

speeddaddy Well-Known Member

No but it will motivate you to build the fence yourself.

20. CausticYarn

Can’t afford to build the fence or buy the materials to do it yourself.