1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Orange County Ca. Liberal policies create a shithole

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by G 97, Jan 15, 2018.

1. CausticYarn

CausticYarn Well-Known Member

3 hots and a cot.
    Sounds like motivation to stop being homeless to me...

2. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

I mean, the fact that you have a pool aside, it won't help at all unless your lack of fence was due to just being lazy. If you couldn't pay for it before and just got slapped with a big ole fine as you were arrested, you now have less fence money.

3. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

While some may think there is plenty of help, I know that the local shelters don't have enough room for everyone. It's true, some can't or won't follow the rules, many if not most, have mental and or drug issues. There are also those that are homeless through no fault of their own. I don't think anyone is suggesting that the problem be ignored, but arresting people for being homeless and throwing their possessions in the trash doesn't help them or improve their situation and it costs everyone else.

I'm surprised no one bit on the giving them 30K/year. :D If you look at the math it would be cheaper in most states to pay them rather than house them. They'd spend that money further improving the economy and probably wouldn't be homeless. Unless you were in Orange county where the avg cost for a 2 BR apartment is $1800/mo.

4. R Acree

R Acree Banned

That is a wee bit naive. The likelihood of at least a significant percentage doing much more than buying more/better chemical substances is high.

5. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

It's still money in circulation, wasn't that one of the motivating factors for the tax cuts. :D

6. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Now that is some seriously creative mental gymnastics.

7. CausticYarn

500,000 homeless in this country. 25% of them children.

8. speeddaddy

speeddaddy Well-Known Member

Then you’ve reached your level of incompetence. Sell your house and get one you can afford.

9. CausticYarn

Have you tried to get out from under an upside down mortgage before.

Why do people think it’s so easy to just pick up and move???

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Sounds like those people need to start walking south rather than hang out up there.

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Things is the people in your list don't know they need help or want it most of the time. There is help out there, lots of help, but they have to go get it and a lot of them aren't capable.

Sadly the only thing that would keep most of them off the streets and safer is opening back up the big mental hospitals shut down by Reagans admin. However saying a lot of the mentally ill need to be locked up gets people all freaked out, they'd rather think they're free like wild animals even if they're now starving, sleeping outdoors all year, physical and mental issues untreated. But hey, they're not in a safe secure facility with people taking care of them...

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Short answer, gets them indoors, 3 hots and a cot.

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I have no sympathy for anyone stupid enough to get into that position in the first place. If you had the money to buy a house with a pool or build a pool then you had the money to put up the fence. No excuses sorry.

crashman and XFBO like this.
  14. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Why do some think it's easier to have others fund a solution for them?

15. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

One homeless person without enough money is a tragedy.
    A million taxpayers who don't have enough money after paying taxes is a statistic.

16. R Acree

R Acree Banned

People do it all the time. It's called bankruptcy. There are ads on TV every day.

17. CausticYarn

You guys have strayed so far trying to paint me as a “liberal”. Which I haven’t been since before I graduated high school.

All I asked was:

What will arresting the homeless do to solve the problem.

1 person answered with an unviable response. Unviable because I live in a state where it gets cold as fuck in the winter, and the homeless get arrested so they won’t die from exposure. It is not a deterrent for many.

Aside from that, no one has of yet, adequately answered the question.

Go ahead with the gaslighting. I am used to it.

18. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

It will motivate them to find ways to not be arrested again.

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

What was wrong with 3 hots and a cot?

Or are you specifically talking about as a deterrent only?

20. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

I spend a lot of time in the Caribbean and 3rd world countries. Homeless is a choice in the United States. There are so many options/ programs/ solutions and jobs that are there waiting for you if you want it. If you are seriously mentally I'll, or on drugs/ drink so bad it has to suck, but there is a personal responsability as an adult to take care of yourself and not expect other people to clean up and pay for your mess.

badmoon692008 and XFBO like this.