1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

OOoooooooo Guess what i heard!

Discussion in 'General' started by Handicapped Racer, May 24, 2004.

1. nextelcup_joe

nextelcup_joe Well-Known Member

maybe the AMA should take note, this type of drama along with a cheesy scripted plot that carries over into the next week (such as in wrastlin' or rollerderby), could be what it needs to attract more viewers. They already have a good start with Aaron Yates antics and those silly profiles SPEED does at the begining of each race.

i can see it now...
    Ebos: I heard what ya said last week Mladin, me and my bro are gonna bring that ass whoopin today!
    Mladin: in yer dreams ya Elvis wanna be, me and my boy Aaron gonna knock that slobber outta ya mouth!

throw in some scripted paddock brawls and some pyrotechnics and soon they'll be right up there with NASCAR.

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

If nothing else he knew the protest was coming - that I am positive of. And I don't think the rider protesting him would lie about the splitting of the Cup money thing either.

So no sympathy on this end. But then again it's my job to enforce the rules so I guess that's a good thing.

3. Putter

Putter Ain't too proud to beg

I am glad I am not the only one who noticed the slobber.:Puke:

4. Brad

Brad Swollen Member

Your not saying this makes that situation even more suspicious, now are you?:eek: ;)

5. 9mil

9mil Yea, that's right

I noticed you capitialized the word "Junk" - that shows respect....good boy....good boy :clap:

6. cinderella

cinderella Guest

That's not respect, that's just bad grammar skills. :D

7. Handicapped Racer

Handicapped Racer Well-Known Member

ewwww how could you miss it. it's like mayo on the coner of your mouth

8. 9mil

9mil Yea, that's right

He said he's got mayo in his mouth...huh huh- mayo...that is disgusting :Puke:

9. SClark

SClark Righteous Indignator!

I was trying to give the benefit of the doubt, but that's been pretty much removed in light of the newer allegations.

So, is there an outcome to this, or is judgement still pending?

10. MudDawg

MudDawg Engine Killah

Hmmm...let me see if I get this right.

1. Guy runs a "stock" bike in the stock class.
    2. Tends to walk away from riders in an unnatural fashion in that class. Not in the corner...on the straights.
    3. Rider won. But kknew in advance that he was going to be torn down.
    4. Rider skips teardown and bails.

Shouldn't there be a fine, suspension, and/or expulsion following here? Not to put too fine a point on it...he's been found less than legal in the past. So if you don't punish him then you are rewarding him for cheating.

JMO.

11. Strick

Strick Good to be king

That is from the rulebook. He was DQ'ed from the race and can not race that class until the bike is torn down.

12. Wade Parish

Wade Parish North Central Hawker

Good. Fuckin' cheater.

Not having a couple of tabs on a subframe cuz that's the way you bought it or using a double-bubble 'cuz that's all you could find to race that weekend is one thing; But if you build a superbike engine and run it in a stock class, then you're a cock-sucker.

Phil Chapin, if I'm missing some facts or there's more to the story than what I've gathered, then I genuinely apologize. I'm the ass-hole and I shouldn't shoot my mouth off about shit I don't know about.

Unfortunately though, that doesn't seem to be the case. The case seems to be that you're a cock-sucker.

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

What Strick said - until he either tears it down or proves in a manner that we accept it's a different bike it's totally illegal as far as we're concerned. Refusing a teardown is an admission of guilt for the most part. There are exceptions but they are pretty rare.

So Phil is kinda screwed until he fixes his bike and at least puts in the stock cams. What I don't get is why cheat in the first place but if you're going to - why in the heck would you tell people what you've done?

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Dayum Wade! I'm kinda thinking I might need to edit that one...nah.

15. MudDawg

MudDawg Engine Killah

OK. I guess that sorta works. But I personally would want something a bit more harsh for a repeat offender. Especially one that was forewarned.

I know to expect some of this shit when there is money at stake. But I do also expect that the race organization does their best to prevent it from happening...and make it painful if somebody is found to have willingly been cheating.

In other words....none of that wink-wink-nudge-nudge 'stock' racing found in the AMA factory teams. You know....where the cheating winner...with every advantage on his side...still keeps his win, money, and maybe loses a point or two. But a privateer gets the royal mocroscope up their ass to try and DQ them completely.

This is club racing....and cheating should mean
    1. You lose all points garnered so far in the season in that class.
    2. You have to prove your machine is legal down to the cases the next time you race. No exceptions.
    3. Increasing penalty fines. First $500. Second $2500. Third...say buh bye.

In other words...make people think twice about cheating.

16. Strick

Strick Good to be king

Those 3 things I like.

17. MudDawg

MudDawg Engine Killah

Thanks. I was trying to be fair.

Anybody else have other penalties to add to the list? Maybe a scarlet C on their leathers for 2 weekends. (Wouldn't THAT be embaressing. I know...flight of fancy....but it's still fun imagining it.) :)

18. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

I like the "C" on the leathers. Or a bullseye on the back of the leathers/helmet/bike, etc. etc. That would be much more entertaining to watch for an entire race weekend.

19. Strick

Strick Good to be king

Also a huge banner with a big red 'C' needs to be flown over their pits all weekend.

20. Wade Parish

Wade Parish North Central Hawker

I like that but I think it should be a for a shit-load longer than 2 weekends.

...And actually, I probably should say that if Mr. Chapin happens to be a real big feller or maybe just a little feller that likes to kick big fellers' asses, then I was just kidding. Cheating's cool.