1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ok, who's the corvette fanatics???

Discussion in 'General' started by XFBO, Jun 22, 2018.

1. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

I like 63-67 vettes and the latest ones, although that article took off some of the steam for those. I bet the new mid engine one will be cool, after they work out the kinks.

2. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

3. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

:crackup:Not even close, rob.
    What's your second guess? :D

4. bored&stroked

bored&stroked Disclaimer: Can't spell

Vipers are a love/hate. First time I drove one I brouht a 1yr old M3 to meet the guy a couple hours north of phoenix. We traded cars in a parking lot, salesmen had already done paperwork. God I hated that drive back. This was a 2012 model or so, can't remember. Basically, they totally suck for anything but track. A vette is just as quick but way more betterer. We have a 97 GTS on the lot right now. My feet hit when I use the pedals. There is more foot space in a go cart. How this is even track able is beyond me. As you can tell I dislike them quite a bit. Get a vette.

XFBO likes this.
  5. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

My brother has a nice 2006 convertible for sale. Dark red with a camel top, less than 20k miles.

XFBO likes this.
  6. lee955i

lee955i The Traveling Gnome

Really..REALLY want a red 69 Stingray.... but I can't really see over the dash..... :(:crackup:

Steeltoe likes this.
  7. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Interior color??? How much?

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Camel top - prolly tan, ick.

9. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

If it were the bright red I'd totally agree but maroon-ish color with the camel looks more like a gentlemen's vette than the bright 'look at me' colors.....which I also like on occasion. :D

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Eh, can't do tans no matter what. Only vehicle I've ever kind of liked with it was my F350 - and that was only because the leather on the King Ranch seats was so amazingly awesome I could tolerate the rest of it looking like crap :D

11. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Camel interior. It's on Facebook Marketplace. $27,500....

XFBO likes this.
  12. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

It is more of a maroon color.

XFBO likes this.
  13. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

What color and how many miles on the 97.

14. Lever

Lever Well-Known Member

Don't be a pansy. Get the C7! If you can wait a little while, there's some rumors of the new C8 sporting a mid-engine design and even an AWD package. Now, I'm not saying get the C8, but when it does (supposedly in 2019), the price of the C7 will undoubtedly take a hit (even though the C7 is by far the sexiest muscle car the US has ever produced). They even smell amazing, seriously.

The C7 is an oddity. You usually see a moderate gain with the new generation coming out, but the C7 was a completely different beast. Your C7 baseline stingray is already faster than any C5 (Z06 included), and the C6 has like 10 more torque and 50 more horsepower - a few mods and the C7 base would blow the C6 Z06 away. Check out what Hennesey did to a baseline ray on youtube. I could watch their test run on the texas toll lanes all day long and never get tired of it ;). If you can't swing the Z06, I'd consider the grand sport over the baseline. It's got a lot of track goodies the base ray doesn't have.

[​IMG]

Here's a good article on the C7 Z06 being a supercar killer (which doesn't even come close to fitting on the dyno graph above). Sorry in advance to any McLaren, Lamborghini, Porsche owners :cool:

XFBO likes this.
  15. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Iirc, the C7 will continue to be sold alongside the new mid engine c8.

16. Lever

Lever Well-Known Member

That's the rumor. I'm just dying to see what it looks like. The freakin camo they put on it makes it look like a C7 and El Camino made a baby, lol.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. Lever

Lever Well-Known Member

There's more rumors about the C8 ME than you can shake a stick at. I've seen a lot of renderings. While they're just conjecture at this point, I still think the C7 looks better. The roof scoop looks kinda sweet tho.

[​IMG]

Boman Forklift likes this.
  18. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

That looks sexy!

19. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I think this Car and Driver rendering looks pretty good. It has a very clean, F430 look to it.

[​IMG]

20. jonathanp

jonathanp Tech drop out

We agree on to many things. My favorite corvette has always been the 63 stingray with the split rear window.