1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ok, who's the corvette fanatics???

Discussion in 'General' started by XFBO, Jun 22, 2018.

1. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

I've actually always loved Vipers too but heck if you can't buy a new ABS pump on the C5's already I'd be terrified how difficult it'd be to get parts for a Viper.

2. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Sabre699 it was mighty brave of you coming out like that. Takes guts man.

R1Racer99, XFBO, Funkm05 and 2 others like this.
  3. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

4. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

I actually think you are fine, at least on the first two generations, that I know. Nothing at all exotic on them and no real electronics.

I really liked this new generation Viper. Nice looking interior. Haven't done any research to know if these are still reliable like the old ones are?
    https://bringatrailer.com/listing/2014-dodge-srt-viper-4/

XFBO likes this.
  5. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Just like you and 'zukis 'Toe. :D

XFBO and Steeltoe like this.
  6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Should be fine, aren't they the same as on the pickups? :D

7. Boman Forklift

Yep, just a little ole truck motor.

8. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

That Viper would be such a hand full...Just plain scary...love it.:eek:

9. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Jesus!

First time I’ve got no words. Give me a minute.

Are you a 60 year old divorced woman with a tag that reads “he paid”

Does that come with a dildo dispenser?

Freddie Mercury just hit me up from the grave calling that car gayer than 2 dicks on a moustache.

10. Robby-Bobby

I don’t think steeltoe would drive that!

11. Robby-Bobby

How many #metoo stickers are in the back window?

12. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

good news... it was all the rage with Dakota pickups to add "Viper" parts. Engines, transmissions, wheels, brakes, seats, ignition keys, yadda yadda! So just check your local scrap yards for 1999-2004 dodge dakotas! :D I wonder if there were Viper guys putting dakota parts on their rides in search of additional weight and less performance?

13. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

:crackup:

14. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

Regarding Vette's....never was into most Corvettes except for the '67 with a 427, soft top, black with a red stinger....Man I'd love to be able to afford one of those. So, in 2013 Chevy came out with 60th anniversary edition remake of that car with a big block V8, soft top etc....What's the general scoop on this car? It seems to be holding its value, every time I check I only find a few and the $ are still up there.

15. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

<ahem>
    2008 Chevrolet Corvette Trailer Hitch | etrailer.com

OldSwartout likes this.
  16. So, XFBO - your septic tank pumping business finally paid off? Score! Time to get a Corvette. Just make sure that in addition to the jorts, you should double up on gold neck chains, get some Tommy Bahama silk print shirts (two sizes too small, or two sizes too big - doesn’t matter as long as they don’t fit), and dye what remains of your hair that reddish-brown color that clearly shows a grey hair dye job in flourescent light. Do a big comb-over, because that’s what all the cool Corvette dudes are sporting. Mirrored lenses in your Aviator sunglasses are a bonus.

17. Boman Forklift

:crackup:

18. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

But those types of Corvette owners are like Ducati guys that can't ride.
    There are 'Vette owners that understand, appreciate and accept the car's attributes without putting it, or themselves, on a pedestal.
    Ask me how I know. :D
    IMG_0744.1.jpg

wiggeywackyo likes this.
  19. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

2002 or newer z06 if going C5
    If the bydget allows, 2007 or newer z06. Nothing like 7.0 liters revving 7000rpm

20. Boman Forklift

Well my first guess must be, you are an old fart wearing New Balance shoes, jorts, gold chains and a police mustach.