1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ok, who's the corvette fanatics???

Discussion in 'General' started by XFBO, Jun 22, 2018.

1. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

I was speaking of the FD, I could be mistaken but Wiki listed the FD as 3rd gen and it's been a few yrs but I thought it was too. o_O Not an RX7 historian tho...lol....but don't think there was ever an FA, if that's how you're counting the gens.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mazda_RX-7

Either way, I was speaking of the FD, I owned a '94 in montego blue (which I hated the color but loved the car)

Last edited: Jun 27, 2018
  2. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Bump. I drove a 2015 Z51 Vette today on my lunch break. It's a nice car, but the roof was nuts. It rattled, squeaked, and popped like an 80's camaro! Please tell me they're not all like this.

3. SteveThompson

SteveThompson Banned by amafan

Convertible?

4. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I guess I should have been more clear. Not a convertible. It had some kind of transparent roof.

5. StanTheMan

StanTheMan Well-Known Member

I think there might have been a recall or TSB about the removable roofs. It’s an easy fix. I have a 2018 Grand Sport Convertible, and I really like it. Handling is amazing and Chevrolet finally gave the Corvette an interior that finally matches its status.

XFBO and Canadian Bacon like this.
  6. I think the GS is the best value corvette out there. Ya, ya Z06 power is nice but reality of how much you will use it is very very little. I drive 17’s at an event at an undisclosed location. There was ample room to use a good chunk of the z06’s motor and driving them back to back the GS seemed more civilized when not at track pace.

7. mike-guy

mike-guy Well-Known Member

Generic and lacking refinement?

Sweatypants likes this.
  8. StanTheMan

There is actually a class-action lawsuit pending against GM by Z06 owners because the cars go into limp mode after a couple of laps on the track due to overheating. The new ZR1 has addressed this issue with multiple radiators and a larger supercharger that doesn’t have to spin so hard. For me, the GS seemed to be just right. I didn’t need 650 hp for the street and I’m not going to track the car anyway.

9. StanTheMan

That would be me, yes. Not the car.

Phl218 likes this.
  10. Ya I know about the overheating issue, what’s funny is they actually had about 20 or those fans like in dyno rooms for “keeping people cool” :)

11. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

You just described my Corvette uncle perfectly (he has 3 : '81, 2003 Z06 and 2007 Z06) :crackup:

I'm with Stupid likes this.
  12. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Hey, quick question.....C6 Z06's.....do they ride OK on the street or??? Much stiffer than the base model?

One came up for sale at a dealer about an hour from me, considering a MC ride there to check it out. It's an '07 6sp, w/ 67k miles for under $30k......in the pics they posted, looks pretty good condition paint wise but the headlight lenses need some polishing. I was really hoping to find something with less miles but .....

13. ScottyRock155

ScottyRock155 A T-Rex going RAWR!

I owned one, the simple answer is no, they do not ride ok. I would say I have a very very high tolerance for rough riding performance vehicles, and that car was the harshest riding thing I've ever owned.

But it is all kinds of awesome, buy it anyway. :D

BigBird and XFBO like this.
  14. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Man, I clicked on a link posted earlier in the thread to that BAT auctions....they have an all white M Coupe I can't take my eyes off of!!! Wonder if that drives any better? Ha!

Man, this looking/settling for an older fun car thing is turning out to be WORK. :eek:

BigBird and Phl218 like this.
  15. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

It does...if it runs long enough to drive it. Ze fine german vehicle without a warranty is always a roll of the dice.

rd400racer and XFBO like this.
  16. 05Yamabomber

05Yamabomber Dammit Haga

Apparently anyone 55+