1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not carrying Narcan

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Banditracer, Jul 8, 2017.

1. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Well I've got a daughter with a peanut allergy. So far we've been successful in keeping her alive, so sorry you won't be able to use her. :Poke:

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Okay so I have some serious questions - first is it real or like your wifes gluten issues?

The above posted just because I know her head will explode repeatedly before reading this line :crackup:

Back to real questions - what is her reaction? Did she not get exposed to peanuts when younger? I'm honestly curious about this kind of stuff. I'm sure people are born with allergies and shit just happens but peanut is one of those that somehow went from truly rare to the level of every flight I'm on they warn you not to even open a packet of peanuts as someone will die.

3. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Issue with peanuts is that the response can be so severe and so rapid that even an epi may not be enough. I don't know of any other allergen except maybe bee stings that have that kind of lethal potential.

I cooked with peanut oil when she was a wee thing, and she didn't seem to have any issues. One day she ate something with peanut butter in it and broke into a nasty case of hives almost immediately, Benadryl brought it down but we were touch and go on getting her to the ER. Since then we've had an epi for her JIC.

4. brex

brex Well-Known Member

Some say GMOs have caused these allergies to explode, some say the use of peanut oil in vaccines are the cause. I think both have merit to look at, as peanut allergies have exploded in the last few decades.
    It is both interesting and scary for sure.

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Have you still been giving her peanuts to get her past it?

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yet the docs are now saying their suggestions to keep kids aways from peanuts are the main issue and you should introduce your kids to them as early as possible so they don't become allergic.

The GMO stuff is just bullshit.

7. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Not with the response she's had. Her next one could be full blown anaphylaxis.

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

We'll disagree but I can't fault you for your reaction to it in the least.

9. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

What is there to disagree with? She had a strong reaction to peanut exposure after having been exposed to peanut oil. Was it the peanuts? Was it the processing? Was it some other ingredient? Dunno. Not worth risking her life to prove a point.

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I agree on your reaction but I don't think it's to prove a point. I think it's to see what the issue is to make the entire rest of her life better. My thinking is if exposure to minor levels of peanuts could be done safely and get her over the allergy, or if as she gets older she grows out of it, her life long term would be a hell of lot better than having to be paranoid the entire time. Not proving anything to anyone.

11. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

If it wasn't anaphylaxis we're talking about, I'd agree. She has a dermatological allergy to something that we haven't figured out yet (suspect it's the dog), much more willing to Guinea pig her with that than something that can choke off her air and make her dead.

12. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Peanut oil doesn't trigger a peanut allergy.

13. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

The same with my youngest daughter, Its very scary watching your little girl gasping for air as its happening:(! Luckily made it to the hospital just in time,and then a day in ICU to keep her stable. NOT FUN!!!!

14. beac83

beac83 "My safeword is bananna"

How does this make the govt the one to blame?

Corruption requires multiple parties, the one paying and the one receiving. All are to blame.
    The individuals are complicit, and are the ones to lay blame on. Not the structure of the government, or the structure of business.

15. britx303

Who here remember the famous words...."Dont read it...Just sign it"?

16. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

The government literally controls all of the rules and regulations.

If I'm allowed to wine and dine a client to get more business, you bet your ass there's hookers and blow for everyone.

17. beac83

beac83 "My safeword is bananna"

So is it the structure of the government, or the individuals we place in these elected positions who should be blamed for corruption and malfeasance?

18. britx303

Personally I blame it on the individual the stated the quote I just asked about. He pushed the hardest for it and wanted everyone to blindly trust him...... he knew what was in the bill and its actions that came along with it. He knowingly took the money from the lobbyists and did what he had to do to pull the wool over. As a president you should be doing FAR better for your citizens,and not your wallet. Im not saying the pharmaceuticals are innocent by any stretch.....but as I said,as president its your job to do whats right for your people first.....in which case he did just the direct opposite.

19. britx303

Remember when the one senator screamed out "Liar!" when obama was giving his word that the bill didnt say something,but that senator had already read in the bill that it did in fact state what obama was trying to lie and hide,just to hurry up and get it pushed through???? Come on now guys......ya dont remember that????

20. knutz

knutz Well-Known Member

In this instance it is al on he shoulders of the govt. they have the power.

You can't put the right people there . It's impossible .

Everybody lobbies the govt for their best interest. What you think is in your best interest may not be in mine like I said in an earlier post.

The only real answer is to limit the power of govt to control markets.

But yeah I know . You can do it better than it's ever been done . :crackup: