1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not carrying Narcan

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Banditracer, Jul 8, 2017.

1. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

2. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I can't wait for the junkies and the parasite lawyers to sue big pharma and the doctors for making opioids so easy to get and hooking people. After all it isn't the junkies' fault.

But it is coming, someone is going to have to pay for the treatment to get people off that shit and it should be the companies making billions off hooking them.

As for the sheriff, well, the first responders carry it and the dopers ain't dying.

In Your Corner likes this.
  3. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

I know there's several states now that are sueing the drug companies for that reason.
    Now they're marketing pills to help you with your pill problem. Follow the money...

4. brex

brex Well-Known Member

Sounds like a good sheriff.

Banditracer likes this.
  5. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

So the law enforcement/courts/lawyers/prison/rehab industries? :Poke:

6. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

I may occasionally transcribe a letter or two, but usually the sentences makes sense. :Poke:

7. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

All I wanna know is when will first responders be made to carry EpiPens? Or numerous other life saving Rx??? Who's bright idea was it to use taxpayer monies to fund this Narcan business??? Hmmmm lemme guess..... :rolleyes:

badmoon692008 likes this.
  8. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Schools around here have epipens. Don't know if it's a requirement but it beats dead kids.

9. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

That's awesome, will have to ask the lil lady if our schools have that much brains....I doubt it. But I know our patrolmen don't carry it but they have the good ole Narcan for well over a yr now.

10. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

I was thinking the same thing, It was a fight getting Epipens in the schools, and I'm not sure they all have them now.
    Teachers didn't want to be responsible for administering a drug that can be harmful as well as helpful.
    At least with Epipens, though, you're treating an allergic reaction, something the victim has no control over, and they may not even have been aware they have the allergy.
    It would make sense for cops to have EpiPens, as they often beat the ambulance to the scene and the victims are more likely to be children. And it's not tough to train someone to recognize the signs of an allergic reaction.
    That's not the case with an OD. You can take a good guess from circumstances, but any number of things can cause loss of consciousness or depressed breathing. In that case, you're asking a non-medical person to throw the dice.

I was really surprised when they started equipping everyone (it seems) with Narcan. Why was it so easy to get help for people who are doing it to themselves, but not for the toddler who has an allergic reaction to peanuts?
    And it's not even helping those people.
    They'll OD over and over until the time nobody gets to them in time.
    My sister tells me that people come to the hospital she works at to shoot up in the parking lot, just in case.

I don't know what the solution is, but I don't think having cops revive junkies on a daily basis is it, especially if it's the same junkies over and over. Let them stick with delivering the occasional baby on the freeway.
    They love that.

badmoon692008 likes this.
  11. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Just cuz you can't put two and to toogether don't mean it don't make no sense. :moon:

Fencer likes this.
  12. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

Letting the junkies die would be the most efficient use of resources. How many other people are dying because the state is paying for narcan and misusing manpower? Junkies are non-productive and just consume resources anyway, saving productive people who provide a net societal benefit would be smarter.

Fencer, brex and Banditracer like this.
  13. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

We should also let old people die. Just quit feeding them once their grandchildren reach puberty. At that point they no longer serve a valid purpose to society.

And short people.

And assholes that email you lowball bids on ebay & craigslist.

And BMW drivers.

SuddenBraking likes this.
  14. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I know a "junkie" or two that own quite large and productive companies could buy and sell you. Back surgery that didn't go well.

Narcan costs under $50. Under $70 if you buy the nice carrying case and other nifty shit included. Shit, buy enough and you could probably get it under $40 a dose.

In Your Corner and cpettit like this.
  15. prospected

prospected Well-Known Member

My guys carry it and quite frankly it's a sick joke to make our chief and county executive look good in the eyes of the voters...nothing more. You want to solve the heroin problem? Ditch the good Samaritan law and charge each and everyone of them when they wake up. Hard to do dope in the inside of a cell.

Methadone you say? Sometimes worse then heroin itself and paid for by you Joe Taxpayer. Need proof? Go to a clinic and/or ask one of the fiens face to face, they're surprisingly honest. I've dealt with several who have been on it for 20+ years at your expense.

Personally opioids never did much for me except help me sleep after a surgery and leave me constipated. Pain management was little to none and I'd try and not take them at all due to the crap they made me feel like. At some point and time sooner than later, the taxpayers are going to realize they're getting scammed and want their money back...

16. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Sheriff Joe's always in the news here for his no tolerance approaches. Funny how the bleeding hearts and the offenders never like guys like him.

17. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

18. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Who needs the fuzz or the flashy box crew for a hit of Narcan?

Just go shoot up at your local library

19. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

You are definitely arguing the exception though. The vast majority of junkies are just oxygen scavengers...

I really do not understand how people can become addicted to opioids. When I decided to throw myself thru the grass a few years ago I was busted up pretty good and I would sit in pain before I would take the pills. I would pop one before bed to sleep but other than that nope. To me they made the world drab, lifeless and boring and when I take them I get angry and want to throatpunch kittens and nuns and was more of an asshole to everyone around me. They are kinda like rye whiskey for me. Just something that I really need to stay away from...

20. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I'm with you.

Maybe they think they actually need the goofy pills to offset the pain? Maybe they are just used to the haze of taking the pills? Maybe they are just bored? Really, shit if I know.

In Your Corner likes this.