1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not carrying Narcan

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Banditracer, Jul 8, 2017.

1. beac83

beac83 "My safeword is bananna"

Since I grew up on the south side of Chicago, and have also lived in the Bronx and Harlem in the 1980's. Nothing you described above is foreign to me. I am aware of these circumstances.

That doesn't alter the question: What is a life worth?

Many make judgements about the worth of other people's lives. It happens every day, and most of us make these value judgements often, daily when interacting with others.

But when the government (or any agent of the government) is deciding how many citizens to kill/let die, the question of what a life is worth takes on a different and more immediate presence.

SnacktimeKC likes this.
  2. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Because the magnanimity of government should know no bounds.

No junkies left behind.

How about people take responsibility for themselves and stop blaming the government for not mollycoddling them through their self-inflicted crises?

3. knutz

knutz Well-Known Member

So you're telling me there one on avg 4-5 ODs a day in hose areas? Cause that's what is happening there.

Also it's way more than what their life is worth, it's how much is the community and those who are decent in that community worth?

To me it's pretty simple. The decent people and the community as a whole are worth more than those destroying it. What was once a desirable place is now a desolate wasteland that attracts nothing but despair. Once the older generation is gone it will collapse. The police can't stop it they are everywhere there. There are treatment places everywhere but yet it marches on towards it's inevitable end. Which is destruction.

4. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

You make a choice to buy that shit and stick it in your body......guess what...?? You're Fucked in My Book...no narcan, no rehab, no kidd gloves, it was your choice, you fucked it, you fix it, or die.

crashman likes this.
  5. G 97

G 97 Garth

So tell me what specifically isn't a conscience choice to spend money on. Thanks for stating the obvious. It's just not the cost of the drug itself, it's also the cost of the public services that have to administer the drug. Simply reallocating funds while not addressing or resolving any of the root causes of the issues at hand is stoopid. But the lib answer to every and all issues is seemingly to increase spending. LOL.

6. G 97

G 97 Garth

So tell us how many peeps the government is killing.

So on one hand, according to you the Government is responsible for killing its own citizens, yet you want and support the same said Government to increase its involvement and spending to help resolve an issue that you blame them for but in reality its 100% based on a foundation of an individual's own personal decision and actions.

Government kills peeps. Government needs to increase their scope.
    As always, lib logic is outstanding.

7. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

This is the main problem with the so called progressive mindset. In their world all problems can be solved with bags of money...

8. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Taken from those evil people who work for it and given to those poor people who didn't.

badmoon692008 likes this.
  9. G 97

G 97 Garth

Our Governement is killing peeps. We need more Government.

crashman likes this.
  10. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

I don't oppose the officers policy (and wow 20 times!). I also understand your opinion on jumkies.

The part that I wish there was a solution to is the non-junkie. Yes there are decent people who do to injury get hooked. Certainly I would prefer they get help LONG before an OD but they are also the people that one episode might be the reason for them to get cured. A perfect example is a friend who lost his leg recently. Not saying he will get hooked but I am sure he is taking pain meds as it has to be off the charts on pain. If he had an issue he is one of the good ones we need cured. So always be careful people like that don't slip through the filter designed to let vermin pass.

11. G 97

G 97 Garth

That's just it, I think most decent peeps would agree that helping others in times of need is to the greater benefit of all of society and most are more than willing to provided assistance when warranted.

But when certain individuals repeatedly engage in self destructive behavior again and again there is only so much that others can do. Eventually their behavior is at the expense of the greater society. You can't keep trying to save the ones who continue to chose not to participate in helping to save themselves.

Of course the libs seem to think its just a simple matter of society chosing not to spend enough money, as they continually focus on the outcomes - after the fact - while ignoring and refusing to address the underlying causes.

R Acree and Banditracer like this.
  12. sheepofblue

Don't kid your self they also don't question the outcome.

But yes when you get alcohol poisoning and go back to drinking I lose sympathy.

13. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Going by the residents [and politicians] from your old stomping grounds (Chiraq) not much apparently, huh?

pickled egg likes this.
  14. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

Who's life? The question needs specifics.

Emergency services, military, doctors, any productive member of society all carry value to me. Druggies, alcoholics, criminals, they mean zero to me. I owe those people nothing, and they deserve nothing from me. If my wife gets hooked on crack that is my problem. I sell the house, cars, motorcycles or whatever is needed to get my wife better. It is not your responsibility, or my neighbors to make it right. I'm sure there are charitable organizations that can help if needed (I have no idea, never had a need to look). The more the government bails out stupid, the more stupid will happen.

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yep, because mine is worth more than most of yours. Evelynes and most of my family are worth more than mine since I'd give mine for theirs. It's a sliding scale.

crashman likes this.
  16. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

When it comes to junkies, I am not inclined to value their lives anymore than they themselves do. If your figures are at all accurate, my annual health insurance is keeping seven more people above ground than it used to. I'm a regular philanthropist.

600 dbl are likes this.
  17. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

FIFY

18. sheepofblue

So how much should I be enslaved for poor choices of others? How much should I have to work to provide for those that will not support themselves?

Narcan like health care is not the governments job in a free society (defense is actually spelled out in the Constitution). If a local government chooses to do it that is up to local voters and their ability to pay. Though even then I think it is not the place in a free society. In contrast though if someone like Bono thinks it is a good idea he could provide a lifetime supply to all departments for likely less than a single one of his mansions, his choice. Instead he wants the mansion and ME to provide it and lobbies the government to forcefully take it.

Now I realize in this case Bono might have made no comment but there is a ton of liberal rich people that could do the same. Or hollywood freaks give up $$ from one movie. Shoot Johnny Depp spent a bunch to shoot someones ashes out of a cannon that he could have donated LOL.

But you are free to donate time at the local hospital or donate to your local police to buy Narcan. I would even compliment your effort.

19. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

In our system of government, vote for someone who says nil. That will get you far. Plus, you're bound for heaven.

20. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

This is my local sheriff. Hes done a great job of running the crack whores outta town and east to clermont county too. :Poke: