1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

.... New Nissan Titan w/CUMMINS DIESEL

Discussion in 'General' started by ttt637, Aug 20, 2013.

1. Sheik Abdul ben Falafel

Sheik Abdul ben Falafel Well-Known Member

2. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

The one I rode in was there but it's pretty much available every place but the US. Chicken tax and shit.

The neatest pick up I saw was a VW Amarok but it's a play truck (but it looks damn cool).

3. Mick6R

Mick6R Well-Known Member

Rode in co-worker's Toyota Hilux last fall down in Costa Rica. Damn nice little truck with I4 turbo diesel. Don't understand why they don't sell 'em here.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2013
  4. Joe Morris

Joe Morris Off The Reservation

I like those! I LOVE my TDI engine. Merging the two would be ideal for me. Unfortunately they're never going to bring it here it seems.

5. EngineNoO9

EngineNoO9 Well-Known Member

I'm not just reading the internet for opinions ;) Know a guy with a 1st model year that's been through 1 tranny and believe he had issues with it earlier as well.

My G35's transmission was junk too (6spd manual). The msg boards were littered with issues with them and Nissan replaced a bunch under warranty. Mine wasn't great (It would grind the 1-2 shift randomly even when you took extreme extra care to make sure the clutch was pushed all the way in before shifting) but would always act perfect when I took it to the dealer to show them. Go figure.

Only nissan I had with a decent transmission was my Xterra.

Brakes on my G35 and Xterra though were meh. Really wasn't a fan of them and the G35's warped easily. The Xterra's were starting too when I traded it in.

6. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Probably won't pass the US safety tests and all that crap. Plus they'd get hit with the 25% not made here tax.

Sucks that the taliban and the somalis can load up 27 AK toting goobers into one but you can't get one to take to home depot for a new shitter.

7. EngineNoO9

Ford makes a Compact truck diesel (basically a Ranger but with a different name, forget what though) that was all over Afghanistan as well and it was pretty nice. I'd buy that or a Hilux anyday if they made them here! That's where the potential Chevy compact truck diesel is quite interesting if they actually make it.

8. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

The ranger is exactly why they are trying to get rid of the chicken tax. One of the glossies said Ford is working on getting that into the US.

9. Joe Morris

Joe Morris Off The Reservation

I won't drive a Ford. This doesn't help me. :mad:

VW Amorak or Toyota Hilux please.

10. Sheik Abdul ben Falafel

my current 350z uses the same transmission as your g35, i believe.
    even with the built engine and the turbos (400-500whp depending on boost) the transmission is fine with the exedy clutch. maybe it is operator error? :Poke:

the guy you know must have one of the first gtr's made. There are people pushing over 600whp on the stock tranny. I know a few, myself.

11. Sheik Abdul ben Falafel

I wonder why they sell the taco over here and not the hilux.

12. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Because they sell pretty much every one they make at full list. :D

You ever try and find a used Toyota "small" pick up on the used market? Around here they sell for almost as much as new.

13. Sheik Abdul ben Falafel

Good point.

14. Chango

Chango Something clever!

Because an American buying a small truck doesn't really want a truck. He wants a car with a bed on the back. If he wanted a real truck he would obviously buy the F350.

15. Sheik Abdul ben Falafel

Duh!

America! fuck ya!

16. EngineNoO9

Yeah but the current Tacoma in my opinion is the perfect sized truck for the average person. It's the size of an old F150! And the current generation half-ton trucks are the size of the old 1+ ton trucks! The only downside to the current gen Tacoma is the fuel mileage of it vs a full-size half-ton were basically the same. I heavily considered buying a new Tacoma years back but opted for a full-size GMC 1500 instead because it didn't make sense to spend the same amount of money on a truck that got basically the same mileage, had a smaller payload capacity, and couldn't tow as much. Now a diesel in that same tacoma would've swayed my opinion!

17. wsmc 589

wsmc 589 Well-Known Member

That thing is bad ass. Spent some time in them.... Tough and reliable as hell.

18. bleacht

bleacht Well-Known Member

I hope this Titan has better brakes and transmission than my current Titan. My '06 came with the same brakes as the Sentra (they upgraded the brakes in '08 but they still suck). Also, my transmission has been grinding 1st-2nd for the last 85,000 miles. You shouldn't get an an issue like that at 20,000 miles and I know I'm not the only one. But, the truck is a blast to drive for what it is and the paint has been great. I'll wait a year or two and see what issues arise and go from there but I'd love to own one.

19. aedwards01

aedwards01 Well-Known Member

To me they just have no character. Barring the gtr, I sit in one and its just blah, not inspiring to drive what so ever.

My co-worker was looking at a used Titan we had so he talked to a buddy that works over at Nissan and he told him they were junk, don't buy it. Something about the rear ends, front axles pop out by themselves, radiators, various exhaust issues, etc. We work right next to the Nissan dealer and I have never seen another shop with so many junk engines and trannys sitting outside for scrap, tells me something also.

20. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

But I don't need or want a F350. That's like buying a destroyer when what you need is a 12" jon boat.

We looked for a Toyota tacoma because you can haul 10 bags of dirt home, haul shit to the dump, throw a couple of bicycles in the back and beat on it in the winter. It was going to be an airport, a metro parking lot, haul shit and do it year round type of car. I wanted 4 wheel drive, a couple of seats, some kind of radio, A/C and a heater and anything beyond that happened to be in it was bonus. They were way out of the price level we had set for a shitbox beater whocares car.