1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

.... New Nissan Titan w/CUMMINS DIESEL

Discussion in 'General' started by ttt637, Aug 20, 2013.

1. Sheik Abdul ben Falafel

Sheik Abdul ben Falafel Well-Known Member

:crackup:

I actually thought i was going to get a not so retarded response.

GTI =fwd heavy turd
    RX8= owned one, not fast at all.
    S2000 =read above...just got rid of it.
    WRX= slow as dirt.
    STI =fast, but turbo lags like a mofor.
    Barbie Power Wheels= is that what you call your g35
    GTO= a 3700lb car! seriously?
    C5 Vette= not a bad response..minus the shit interior. (owned a z06)
    EVO...turbo lag galore.
    Mustang...if you are a female high school student...which you sound like.
    Mazdaspeed 6....just stop.
    Turd with 4 wheels....yup....that would describe most of the cars that you listed.
    SRT-4.....ya, a fwd neon! good one! Hi!

a 2005 350z weighs 3200lbs. it is lighter than a 370z...nice try.
    2006 and up 350z are heavier though.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2013
  2. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Pew, Pew, Pew.....looks like the shiek shot them all down.

How about a Lotus or a Viper?

3. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

I own a Nissan Titan so I think that allows me the slightest bit of threadjack here (to add to some of the shieks car comments)...

A few months ago I got hammered by the beeb, my entire family and all of my friends for even thinking about trading a bike for a Miata.

Well, I did it and I still can't wipe the grin off my face from this car. 96 with the limited slip and since it is just a play car I don't really care how hard I thrash it. Sure it isn't fast but you can throw it into any corner at what ever speed you want until the rear end busts loose, then do it again!

Sure it's ghey'er than a box full of clowns but I just don't care....I'm having too much fun to notice!

4. 675AV8R

675AV8R Jetski Extraordinaire

I would go trade my '12 Silverado 1500 immediately after work today if they would bring something like that over :mad:

The speculation is 27-28mpg from the Ecodiesel Ram :up:

5. Sheik Abdul ben Falafel

the lotus is in the price range, but i dont think a viper (unless you go second gen, sexiest viper ever made) would be as affordable as a 350z would be.

6. Sheik Abdul ben Falafel

combined?
    that would not be a bad deal for us rancher/farmers who get to use red diesel.

7. Sheik Abdul ben Falafel

I think i was on your side on that one. I love miatas! you should track it!
    I know Dave K is a miata-head also!

best bang for the buck when it comes to a fun car...also the best bang for the buck when it comes to racing!

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

It'd be a great deal for us since the best I've seen in the 5.7 is around 17-18 running regular crap.

9. Sheik Abdul ben Falafel

I guess, it also depends on how much it costs over the 5.7.

10. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I will have one in the next 12 months, do or die. :)

I'm hoping for a mazdaspeed next year since the new one is coming in 2015.

11. Sheik Abdul ben Falafel

i hope they put the mazdaspeed3 engine into it!
    talk about boxter killer!

12. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I just want right around 200 ~ 220 hp from a turbo like the last mazdaspeed. Not enough to upset the chassis but enough to have some fun.

I lusted after a 911S for years and now that I can afford it I don't want it. The new one, I HATE the interior and it's no longer a sports car, it's a grand tourer. The 7 speed manual is stupid and it no longer tries to kill lawyers and yuppies with it's handling. Meh!

The Cayman isn't bad but it's a dime a dozen. Meh!

The Miata is a chick car to the stupid population and cheap as f@ck. I'm cheap as f@ck so, it's a good fit. :D

13. Sheik Abdul ben Falafel

you forgot the exige/elise. You also really need to try a gt3. I think that car will make your cheapassness submit!

the new miata chassis is a bit heavier, so i would be content with about 230hp and about 230lb/ft in it.

but, keep the steering as it is!

Last edited: Aug 21, 2013
  14. jp636

jp636 Yellow Turd

THIS!

I looked at a bunch of Tacos, but they were all priced at the full size truck price point. And the gas mileage pretty much sucks as bad as the full size truck. Other than the cool factor, I couldn't wrap my head around getting one.

15. Sheik Abdul ben Falafel

I wanted a taco x-runner really bad back in the day!

16. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

The Alfa Spider version (mazda chassis, alfa designed body, Mazda built) is a car I'm dying to see. I wish they'd hurry up.

17. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

I enjoyed our Miata. Even drove Anna and I to the Grand Canyon in it.

Unfortunately, my main reason for taking the Miata on that trip was to reduce 'trip gimcrakery purchasing'. Of course, all the tourist traps said they would be glad to ship those trinkets...

Finally sold it when I realized that if the weather was nice enough to put the top down, it was certainly nice enough to take the bike.

And, with the top up, it is small and DARK.

Come to think of it, sounds perfect for DaveK!

18. Sheik Abdul ben Falafel

I am dying for the 4c!

19. 675AV8R

675AV8R Jetski Extraordinaire

Looks like it's a $4500 option on the Grand Cherokees :(

20. Andymax

Andymax Well-Known Member

Miatas?? GTRs??? do those have cummins diesels?? Lets get back on point here....

I have been saying for YEARS that they oughtta bring a midsize diesel to the half-ton market. Nobody listened, except for all my friends that agreed with my argument. All three of them.

I think I'm a fairly typical guy. I have lots (too many) of hobbies, such as track riding, dirtbiking, mountainbiking, camping, hunting, fishing, skiing, etc etc. I have a GMC Sierra SLT 5.3L 4WD Crew that is comfortable as hell, reliable (mostly...139K miles) and quite frankly doesn't tow all that well primarily due to the old 4speed tranny. (yes I know there is a 6spd since 08, I missed that by 6 months dammit.) I DO NOT CARE how fast it is, so long as it gets out of its own way. I want TORQUE. I want to tow. Occasionally we tow my trailer with a buddy's Ram Diesel and holy crap does it tow nicely compared to mine. Not because its faster off the line, or can give a mustang a run for it's money from 30-60mph (which, due to a few slight mods, it can, btw :up:), but because it can tow up a long grade without shifting down two gears...it just lumbers along calmly. So towing ability is of course why most of you guys with the 3/4 and 1-ton Diesels bought them. Well, if you are towing a 28 foot, 10K lb race trailer, or a 35 foot fifth wheel toyhauler, then you gladly accept that you need that bigger truck. However, most of the guys I see at the track are like me....towing a 6x12 or something like that. And when I go camping, yeah there are lots of fifth wheel rigs, but by and large, guys with families are towing 16-28 foot trailers with their half-ton trucks or SUV's.

Regarding the Tacoma's and Rangers, I totally get why there would be a market for them...but they are simply too small for a family man.

PLEASE...Ford, GM, Ram, Toyota, Nissan....Give me a big 4 or 5-cyl Inline or even a small V6 Diesel...and here's the kicker...with a BIG electric/Hybrid motor tacked on. For everyday driving this would give us easily a 28-30mpg (maybe more) machine, and then towing our 4,000lb campers and 6x12's would be soooo much nicer and more fuel efficient.

Yes, I know I'm asking a lot, and that there are some weight issues to solve, but damn...I'd overpay for something like this in a heart beat. It solves a lot of problems for me...collapses all my needs into one vehicle.

I know I've lumped myself in with everyone else that thinks they are "the average guy"...so I'm curious if you guys think this has any merit whatsoever.