1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

.... New Nissan Titan w/CUMMINS DIESEL

Discussion in 'General' started by ttt637, Aug 20, 2013.

1. jt21

jt21 JFugginT

I wouldn't count on it, Toyota has had a killer diesel for decades, but the refuse to appease the EPA with all the crap they want on it. It's found in the Hilux over in Europe, bad lil sob & quite powerful. Plus they get killer mpg's out of it. Putting a cummins in would just attract the cummins fanboys if that. Not to mention that will be a $60k truck easily. My '12 tundra does just fine. If I drive just 5mph over I can get 18mpg easily.

2. crepitus

crepitus I gots nuthin

Many other vehicles over the years and many hundreds of thousands of miles and that's the first one I've had to replace, let alone at 122k. Never had to change out a pressure plate on another vehicle either (spring broke and flung out-cracked the pressure plate) in those miles. There are many other nuances I've had (and still have) to deal with on this truck. Just more in a long line of GM and Ford vehicles with quality issues in my family in my life. I've had 7 Toyotas now and I've seen the best reliability, durability, and quality in those.

3. aedwards01

aedwards01 Well-Known Member

Yeah and Ive replaced slave cylinders on many different vehicles with less than 50k on the clock. Just as a side note I destroyed a pressure plate on a Nissan truck, I beat on it pretty good so I dont blame the manufacturer. I have an 04 Duramax with the Allison, best damn truck Ive ever had. Had injectors put in it and not a single other problem with 117k on it. Im guessing you do a lot of heavy towing?

Ive pretty much worked on every vehicle out there and can tell you theyve all got their problems. And I dont care what engine Nissan comes out with the trucks still boring. It needs a redesign from the ground up.

4. crepitus

crepitus I gots nuthin

A 26 ft pontoon boat and an 18 ft ski boat are about the heaviest things I've towed with this truck. That's the sad part. I've been more ginger with this truck than almost any other I've had. 20 yrs ago, I had an '89 toyota pickup that I jumped, flipped, buried, submerged, etc. and it held up like the Hilux the BBC Top Gear guys tested a few years ago.

5. aedwards01

aedwards01 Well-Known Member

Thats surprising. I beat the crap outta mine, towing 12 thousand pounds up the PA turnpike during the summer at 70 and 80mph. The whole time my edge programmer beeping at me cause my egt's are 1500 or the engines running at 225 degrees. Maybe the problem is youre not abusing your truck enough :D

6. crepitus

crepitus I gots nuthin

I do sometimes wonder if that's the case. :D