1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

.... New Nissan Titan w/CUMMINS DIESEL

Discussion in 'General' started by ttt637, Aug 20, 2013.

1. Sheik Abdul ben Falafel

Sheik Abdul ben Falafel Well-Known Member

a 350z isnt inspiring to drive?

2. some guy #2

some guy #2 Well-Known Member

I'm very happy with my Tacoma over any other small pick up minus the price. In hindsight I should have just ponied up the few extra grand to get the Tundra since the mileage is comparable.

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I'll wait a year but will be keeping an eye on all of them to replace ours too.

4. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Just your size...

5. Mick6R

Mick6R Well-Known Member

Mine was. Only had bigger wheels/tires, suspension, brake mods, CAI, and Stillen cat-back, but I drove the hell out of it. Never any issues.

For sure hold their value. When I traded my '07 FJ for the '12 Taco, they gave me close to $20K for the FJ. Told me if I took care of the Taco as well as I did the FJ, to expect similar if I came back for another Toyota in 4 yrs :)

Very happy with my double-cab TRD sport edition as well.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2013
  6. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

F@ck yeah it is! :up:

A few years back while at VIR, Buck asked me to move his pick up. Since I hate when people f@ck up my seat after I got it right I left the seat where is was and drove the truck. I had to sit on the very edge of the seat, slide forward each time to use the brakes and look through the steering wheel to drive it. That was hell!

7. SethG

SethG Well-Known Member

Lots of crazy stories. I had an 07 Titan that I loved until my girlfriend got in an accident with it and it was totaled. I put a good 50,000 miles on it and it was by far the best truck I've ever owned. To this day, all my buddies are constantly bothering me to get another one so they can borrow it.

From a track-day perspective, it's amazing. The bed was the perfect length with the fold-down and the movable cleats. The center line for the cleats made it easy to secure two bikes + gear.

The compartment behind the rear wheel was perfect for throwing tie-down's and canyon dancer's in there and leaving them until you need them again.

But, best of all, with the four door model, you could fold up the rear seats and there is absolutely nothing underneath them. All cargo space. So I could hit the track with people sitting in the back seat, then get to the hotel for the night and move the expensive stuff out of the bed and into the back seat area and lock it up. Critical for Willow Springs and Buttonwillow if you ask me.

My only complaints:

1) A little bit tall for loading the bikes
    2) It was distinctive enough that Dave would know who to yell at for speeding in the pits
    3) The resell value is way too high, it's still 20K+ to get a fully loaded 07 in good condition, whereas my Jeep is worth like 10K and is a year newer and cost more.

At this point, I would love to pick up a 5 year old model and upgrade the suspension and brakes. Although, I'm definitely into seeing what the Diesel brings.

8. hank748

hank748 Well-Known Member

How are the reviews on any long-term use of the Fiat-built EcoDiesel in the 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee?

9. EngineNoO9

EngineNoO9 Well-Known Member

No. It's ugly, big, heavy, and slow. The 370z was a major improvement over it and was much more "inspirational." From what I've heard though the 370z suffered from some issues as well.

10. Sheik Abdul ben Falafel

compared to what?

11. aedwards01

aedwards01 Well-Known Member

Its fun but I can drive a car with just as much performance that isnt bland (IMO).

12. Sheik Abdul ben Falafel

as in?

13. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Abdul, you check your email in the last couple of days?

14. Sheik Abdul ben Falafel

I did!

Let me go check it again....my phone sometimes does not send me the notifications.

15. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Hyper at Brands Hatch video.

16. Sheik Abdul ben Falafel

Oh ya, I got both! and replied both!

17. SnacktimeKC

SnacktimeKC Well-Known Member

When my Ford 7.3 hits 500k I'll start lookin, only 250k to go.

18. EngineNoO9

EngineNoO9 Well-Known Member

Here's a list:
    GTI
    RX8
    S2000
    WRX
    STI
    Barbie Power Wheels
    GTO
    C5 Vette
    EVO
    Mustang
    Mazdaspeed 6
    Turd with 4 wheels
    SRT-4

The list could go on and on imo. FWIW I bought a G35 but it wasn't for it being fast. It was a good luxury sport coupe that was a good all around car that fit was I was looking for and budget. I'd never say it was inspiring to drive or was fast though. It was a fun car though and I do kind've miss it for what it was.

The 350z I'd consider a car that doesn't do anything GREAT but was ok for what it was. It could've been a lot better if it was lighter and wasn't a big and bulky. I thought the 370z was a major improvement over the 350z in every aspect.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2013
  19. Jed

Jed mellifluous

I went through the same thought process a couple of months ago. Wanted a used 4x4 pickemup. Thought hard about the Taco but every review said it was underpowered considering how big there are. Plus every high school kid around here has a lifted taco on black rims. Ended up getting a Tundra DC 4x4 with the 5.7 for the price of a loaded Taco.

20. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

:D