1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoAmerica / Road America

Discussion in 'General' started by grasshopper, May 8, 2020.

1. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

The bike would get Euro covid.

2. racerx13

racerx13 Well-Known Member

Logistically challenging for sure...

they can choose cams favorite track in Europe. He’s got a bit of experience over there from rookies cup, Red Bull academy and 125gp :flag:

sbk1198 likes this.
  3. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

Forgive my pessimism, but I highly doubt they’re gonna blow half a seasons budget and risk the health of their back to back champion rider just to go finish 23rd in some random wsbk race...

drop, Steeltoe, Suzuka_joe and 5 others like this.
  4. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

I am pretty sure MotoGP has a no wildcard policy this year. I would not be surprised if the same applies to WSBK to help keep the paddock size down.

5. Trainwreck

Trainwreck I could give a heck

Cam is the new, less insane, Mat Mladin. He is just gunna keep racking up AMA/MotoA titles until some new kid comes along and retires him. He wont ever go to WSBK or GP full time.

FWIW this isn't a dig at Cam at all. He's a very talented rider, who's very smart on and off the track.

Roberts, Gerloff, Paasch and Landers seem to be our only international hope.

drop likes this.
  6. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

It’d be nice if MA could become successful enough to be a viable race series for American talent to stay in. I like MotoGP or WSBK as much as anyone, but I’d much prefer to have a killer national series in addition to the big shows.

Imagine if in SuperSport, we had Roberts, Paasch, Gillim, SDK, and Escalante battling it out every race weekend. Or if Landers stepped up to SuperSport instead of RBR. If we still had Gerloff, would the last round have been a lot more interesting with GG and Beaubier battling it out?

I know I’m basically asking for the AMA glory days to come back. That sure would be nice.

7. G 97

G 97 Garth

MA isn’t the issue. They are more than capable, as is WERA. They are not the limiting factor or the deciding factor as to why a lot of talent isn’t remaining in the series. It’s purely an economical issue.

8. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

Yeah, I know. My phrasing wasn’t the best and I don’t think it’s MA’s fault. I’m basically asking for bike sales to return to pre-‘07 levels, which is a tall order. Especially now.

G 97 likes this.
  9. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

Did you see that pink elephant and feathered hippopotamus flying around?

10. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

Do we start a new thread for Round 2 MA at RA or just leave this one roll?

11. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

start a new one

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Agreed. Just call it the same and add round 2 2020 or something

13. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

Everything I read say bike sales are through the roof! I guess production is down so total sales are not at the pre 07 level?