1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoAmerica / Road America

Discussion in 'General' started by grasshopper, May 8, 2020.

1. Circacee

Circacee Well-Known Member

Live now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

henry_carlson likes this.
  2. Circacee

So they kinda danced around it a bit, as expected. If I were Stanboli, I wouldn’t want to make comments on the situation.

Cool interview. I dig it the series that Dustin from Trackdaz offers.

The.Johnner likes this.
  3. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

This whole thing is silly. Don’t know how the rules are written, don’t honestly care. But if you’re gonna protest someone’s eligibility by the book, then you should probably follow the rulebook regarding protests... which I doubt Mesa did. It probably wasn’t until after PJ laid a beatdown on everyone that he cared. That’s on him.

Ultimately I don’t think anyone should be rendered ineligible for stock1000. At most, the only class that sort of rule should apply to should be jr. Cup. Maybe this is wishful thinking, but if MA wants to push people towards superbike or keep known fast guys from cherry picking stock1000 then balance the purse accordingly. Make the payouts for finishing 7th, 8th, 9th, 10, in superbike worth chasing over podiums in stock1000. If that means pulling purse money from stock1000 to make it happen and consequently, less superbikey superbikes are on the superbike grid then so be it. It’s quite obvious the top 3-4 superstock guys from the last couple years are capable of running in the top 10 on their stock1000 machines.

I’m also a much bigger fan of how WERA approaches their rulebook. Yea I know it’s different for a pro series but wears book is more true to what racing is in my opinion. C Superstock for examples: if the bike is mass produced and readily available to all competitors, then the same rules apply to it as everything else that shares its displacement and engine configuration. Bottom line. No different rev limits for certain models, no dumbass homologation requirements (outside of being readily available), etc. All bikes get equal treatment. If one manufacture happens to make a better motorcycle then so be it. I realize this doesn’t lend to quite as close racing but it’s more pure racing in my opinion. What the FIM did to duc last year was pure and utter bullshit.

turbulence likes this.
  4. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Do you have a word quota you're trying to meet per post lately man:crackup:

notbostrom likes this.
  5. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

Yea, there's really no benefit to Stanboli to comment strongly on it one way or another - however it does sound like he had gotten word of the controversy, which I found interesting.

I don't think there's any chance MA kicks Celtic out of Stock 1000. They'll either tell Stefano tough titty, or perhaps introduce restrictions like a weight penalty or rev limit for the V4R, which per the rules they can do.

6. renegade17

renegade17 Well-Known Member

Finkle/Einhorn = Broome/Fitzcharlie

7. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

Herrin still has every right to be kinda salty. He was told he cant enter his own bike[/QUOTE]
    Really cool interview!

8. henry_carlson

Still kinda illustrates the ineptitude of MA, you'd think MA would allow Jake and Josh to run in Stock1000 on their own dime just to have them in the series.

9. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

So break their own rules? That is what got them into this mess with the V4R in SSTK.

10. henry_carlson

It seems that they didn't updated their rules in the case of the v4r, I fail to think MA is maliciously doing any of this.

11. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Every time! :clap::crackup::beer: Dookati

12. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

:crackup:Quarantines been a mother fucker. Is it that obvious?

13. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Once upon a time...

[​IMG]

RRP and dudutzu like this.
  14. Circacee

So much sex.

Steeltoe likes this.
  15. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

I didn't mean to imply it was malicious. It could have all been well intentioned to have another team in the paddock that didn't feel they had the budget to run Superbike. It could have been an oversight on the rules. It could have been they just forgot to update the bike list to have it be MotoAmerica unique instead of matching the FIM bike list.

16. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

How do I get one of those rugs?

RRP likes this.
  17. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

There wasn't a soul in the garage at the time so you missed your chance. (But they used to sell them on the Suzuki Cycles website.)

18. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

I would feel like the coolest kid in the paddock if I could put my SV up on stands on one of those rugs. LOL

19. R1M370

R1M370 Dr. P Ness

Wonder if Cintas could make those rugs. Would be cool to have for the man cave or the pits.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2020
  20. henry_carlson