1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoAmerica / Road America

Discussion in 'General' started by grasshopper, May 8, 2020.

1. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

He’ll need a step stool to reach

2. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

RB, I'll suck your farts, that post was just too far over the edge.

I hate censorshit but this is one case I'll take the heat for doing it.

Got a problem with my killing it, PM me. Or take it public, your call. but you just turned my stomach on that.

3. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Nah no problem. Prob took that a little far.

but my point was made.

4. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Hey man, I do get it as a whole but you took it way beyond something I could deal with.

You're a pretty damn alright dude most of the time. Sometimes, I want to murder you violently.

Please, in the future, don't make me want to murder you violently, just leave it as my thinking you're a pretty damn alright dude. Cool?

Quicktoy likes this.
  5. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

The 400 But it was paddock talk so I always took it with a grain of salt

Last edited: Jun 4, 2020
  6. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

I would say the biggest reason is the 600 class has always been seen as a premier class along with SBK. They get the TV time and they get 2 races a weekend plus until recently it even had factory supported teams.

The stock 1000 class IMO was/is seen as a lower level category run 1 time a weekend most times and no factory involvement. Often with competitors running out of their own van.

G 97 likes this.
  7. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

I was not aware of that! I did hear on the Gregs Garage pod that he "geared down" so I hope we can all get to racing

8. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

Don't feel bad. Even Rob's friends occasionally want to murder him violently.

9. r6fast

r6fast Well-Known Member

10. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

jksoft and henry_carlson like this.
  11. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Shit......what'd I miss? :D

henry_carlson likes this.
  12. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

Yep, sounds like Covid came and somebody dropped the ball big time. Sucks for other teams that might have tried running one if they had known.

henry_carlson and younglion like this.
  13. younglion

younglion Well-Known Member

Agreed, and I personally have issue with the reply portion that said "You would have been told this if you reached out to us or DNA" - IMO that is what a rulebook and news bulletins/updates are for, you don't make your members guess, assume, or do the legwork themselves - the Org is responsible for providing a complete, updated rulebook.

Using Covid is the WORST excuse - what else needed doing while nobody was working the past 10 weeks? There should have been ample time and resources to get this info out and spread amongst teams, riders, owners, manufacturers.

I read recently that Escalante I think decided to come back this year after seeing a lot of the top talent vacate the 600SS class - this is a prime example - perhaps Mesa, Petersen, Alexander, etc... may have reconsidered their weapon of choice if they had been notified of the gun being allowed to the knife fight. Programs change based on level of competition, equipment parity rules, etc...

badmoon692008 likes this.
  14. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

I’m looking forward to seeing Stefano on an H2R at the next round. :D

Steeltoe, jd41, sdiver and 3 others like this.
  15. drop

drop Well-Known Member

How does a virus keep you from typing on the internet updating rules? Bullshit statement to cover their ass .... Covid has nothing to do with updating rules.

16. Linker48X

Linker48X Well-Known Member

Pfft. Since I’m a lawyer I’ll say that’s about the lamest excuse I’ve heard in a while. Honest, Covid made me do it.

And since I’m old I’ll mention For all the younger folks that the Fuggs had an album in the 60’s entitled “Honest Officer, It Crawled into My Hand.” About as credible.

OldSchlPunk and henry_carlson like this.
  17. Henrybgood2

Henrybgood2 Well-Known Member

Aren't the AMA the ones who publish the rules? Were they open during the lock down? When I go to view the rules via the MotoAmerica site it will forward you to the AMA site.

18. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

So the class might be a V4R cup in 2021?

jd41, henry_carlson and younglion like this.
  19. younglion

younglion Well-Known Member

Nah... Honda's releasing the new Fireblade (psst - it's gonna be a V4, don't tell anyone) they've been working on the past 10 years.

:p

badmoon692008 and jd41 like this.
  20. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

At first, it does seem like a lame excuse but I'm inclined to believe them.

The 2020 rulebook does have some provisions for the V4R already in the Stock 1000 technical section, specific to the ECU. So, it seems clear that there was at least intent to include the V4R in the Stock 1000 category. Italy was hit pretty hard by the virus and lockdown. WSBK doesn't even have a SuperStock 1000 class anymore so it probably wasn't a priority for the FIM to deal with homologation for that bike during a pandemic for a class they don't really care about.

Shit happens, and somebody fucked up. In truth, I doubt it's inclusion would change the bikes people are riding in stock 1000. Stefano has always chased Kawi contingency. He wasn't about to drop $40K + race parts for a bike that per Greg White can't even swap sprockets without disabling the electronics.