1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoAmerica / Road America

Discussion in 'General' started by grasshopper, May 8, 2020.

1. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Who said Herrin lied? I never did. I don't have any idea what the requirements are but the people who would be calling out MA if they were being broken are not so I have no reason to think they're being broken by anyone. Racers bullshitting and complaining isn't lies and it isn't new and it's usually got nothing to do with the rules.

83BSA likes this.
  3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

And the vast majority do not think there is an actual issue. Just the bored social media peeps.

G 97 likes this.
  4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Ineptitude? I'm sorry but you're in no position to second guess them and the licensing requirements :crackup:

henry_carlson likes this.
  5. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

"I plead the fif"

[​IMG]

henry_carlson likes this.
  6. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

Not once in the history of MotoAmerica has a team of influence requested a rule change that was granted? This doesn't mean it's implicitly wrong, but your statement above is ridiculous.

Is there a rulebook for MotoAmerica?
    Do they list the bikes that are eligible for each class?
    Is the Ducati V4 on a MotoAmerica list of homologated machines for Stock1000?
    Is it on the FIM list for Stock1000?
    Did they "publicize any rule changes or clarifications to every competitor via bulletins" in regards to the Ducati V4 in Stock 1000?

badmoon692008 and Gino230 like this.
  7. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

Since I'm a PM I have answered the questions directly per your request.

Gino230 likes this.
  8. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Yes:crackup:

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Teams have requested good rule changes that were granted. So have officials. So have individual riders and wrenches for privateers. You assuming otherwise is ridiculous.

No idea, I have my own rulebook and series to run and I'm not a competitor in MA. However I know many who are including people who are more sticklers for rules being followed than any of the dilettantes here have ever imagined being :crackup:

G 97 and henry_carlson like this.
  10. G 97

G 97 Garth

What rules have MA changed at the explicit request of any team?

I honestly don’t see Herrin or Mesa having any valid or rational point with their statements or whatever issues they have. It’s unwarranted.

I know AMA Pro Racing would make changes, allowances and modifications at the request of manufactures and teams from time to time and from class to class. Sometimes during the season. They were somewhat handcuffed by the manufactures in the first place so it wasn’t all that surprising.

11. Henrybgood2

Henrybgood2 Well-Known Member

PJ was runner-up in the Supersport World Championship, not Superbike. Why wasn't all this bitching going around when he ran Supersport last year? I'd be interested to know who was denied entry on a V4R this year? I think MA has done a good job maintaining balance. Give me an example of where it has been unfair in the past. That Rick team called them out for being torn down more then M4, but if you review the Tech logs M4 was torn down twice as much.

The Great One likes this.
  12. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

I didn't assume otherwise; I simply called out your purposeless statement. And for the record, the point of teams in power controlling the series is not one I made with my original post. It vaguely implied anyone having a backdoor deal that isn't communicated to the masses as a bad thing for the series.

Seems like a good opportunity to keep quiet then...

13. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

Call it what you will, but it seems like they aren't applying the rulebook to the STK1000 races they ran last weekend in regards to allowing a bike that isn't in the list of homologated bikes.

14. Henrybgood2

Henrybgood2 Well-Known Member

Yes, it would be cool for Beubier, Gagne and Elias to race in Stock 1000.

15. drop

drop Well-Known Member

Actually the vast majority does see an issue

16. drop

drop Well-Known Member

So you answered your own question.

17. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

Why not? They're not going to because there's more to be had for them in superbike but if one of them is without a competitive ride for superbike then let them race stock1000 if the opportunity arises. What if Herrin had gotten the Yamaha seat instead of Gagne and Gagne was subsequently without a ride? Would you still say "Nope, he just can't race?" What if Scheibe had not come along for Herrin? As has already been mentioned here, Elias is a GP winner. And he came over here and immediately laid a pretty good smackdown on the class. Then what happened? They all elevated their game. I think you can give partial credit to Elias for Gerloff's WSBK ride. His presence elevated the whole class and not just in outright speed, but also style and race craft.

Racers race. Losers bitch. Everything else is mostly just irrelevant fluff.

Metalhead, Henrybgood2 and turbulence like this.
  18. Suzuka_joe

Suzuka_joe Well-Known Member

So who decided that Bartcon racing needed to be contested? Because he won by .007 margin? lol. I saw that they passed and were not riding an illegal bike.

19. G 97

G 97 Garth

Not really, I don’t think I did. What rules have MA changed at the explicit request of any teams(s)?

Are you aware of any?

20. G 97

G 97 Garth

Site