1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoAmerica changes for 2018

Discussion in 'General' started by rcarson15, Sep 9, 2017.

1. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

I believe I did. (I have a habit of being too literal at times, especially on here.)

Perfect example. On one hand, I couldn't imagine how someone could think the 848 would be legal for this class or that MA would be interested in an obsolete motorcycle racing at the pro level. Especially one that was already deemed "legal" for middleweight competition, which is clearly not the intent of this class.

Then again, it could be a joke. Hard to say on here sometimes what are jokes and what are the things people believe to be true.

2. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

I don't see problem with bodywork or rubber (assuming you talking tires). They may be junk bikes to you but there is nothing wrong with them.

caferace likes this.
  3. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

It was somewhat of a tounge in cheek comment.

4. zamboiv

zamboiv Well-Known Member

Like it all but the "other 1000" class. Seems like they are just basically splitting superbike and superstock into two classes.

Just call it what it is, unless they are going to make anyone that ran in those two classes this year race in superbike next year. It just keeps it messy. Simplify things: 4 classes at the pro level. If you can't handle the AMA weekend or the travel, etc. there is Wera and a ton of other regional orgs.

5. Who exactly is that class supposed to appeal to?

The kids will be on the 300 class bikes.
    The experienced Pros will be on 1000's.
    The adults who either graduated from the 300 class or who are coming over from Club racing will be on 600s.

What demographic is this Twins class supposed to be designed for?

418 likes this.
  6. stangmx13

stangmx13 Well-Known Member

I've heard rumors about exactly this

That's my main complaint about this class. It's prob not a stepping stone and it prob won't build talent.

Plus, good fan bases are built on watching racers/personalities. The 300 kids skipping this class means Twins will be filled w amateurs or old poaching pros. That's prob not that entertaining.

metricdevilmoto likes this.
  7. TWF2

What if 600's go away? There is rumor factories may stop making them.
    300's and twins is what sells this days.

badmoon692008 likes this.
  8. ts199

ts199 Well-Known Member

The lightweight bikes are big sellers these days so I'm sure its not a bad idea to race what is popular.

We are not talking about a Harley class here.

Pittrace3.jpg

Last edited: Sep 9, 2017
    mike574, masshole, backbone and 3 others like this.
  9. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

backbone likes this.
  10. Sure, that one bike/build is pretty cool, but we all know that isn't what makes up the LWT classes.

And I wouldn't go so far as to say an SV is "what is popular these days". I live in East TN, arguably some if the best motorcycle roads in the country, and in a town with multiple colleges, so there are bikes everywhere...and I don't know that I have ever seen a single SV (or Kawi equivalent) on the road, ever. I see 300/600/1000's or cruisers.

600's aren't going away. If they do, it won't be anytime soon (as in the next few years).

You aren't going to have 17-22 year old Pros going from a 300 to an SV or KTM; they will go to a 600 and then a 1000 in hopes if chasing a career.
    You won't have Yosh running a Factory SV team.
    You won't have Beach, Gerloff, Fong, Wyman, Herrin, etc racing an SV or KTM.

What you will most likely have is a bunch of 35-50 year old club racers taking their SV to MotoAmerica weekends and then telling everyone about how they are a professional racer.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2017
    track wagon, cajun636, 418 and 3 others like this.
  11. ts199

ts199 Well-Known Member

That would make it a GP class vs. Superbike, but who knows. We might see some high dollar Kalex framed twins if that is the case. Just kidding of course.

12. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

So what. Thats a geoup with some disposable imncome. If enough are showing up and covering a chunk of the weekend expenses. Let them race in the big show and claim fame.

13. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

Lightweight twin guys getting respect .. and NASCAR style rules .. Where do I sign up??

slimjim00, noles19, G 97 and 2 others like this.
  14. Tonyp425

Tonyp425 Well-Known Member

Broome is jealous there not having a run what you Broome class

15. ts199

ts199 Well-Known Member

Funny you showed up because I was going to say that I would love to see guys like you racing in this class. Look at the guys running up front in CCS and at the GNF. They are not racing piles of shit and they are also hauling ass.

I could quote some MIC sales numbers but who wants to ruin a good thread with facts.

jeffr1ey and ekraft84 like this.
  16. ts199

ts199 Well-Known Member

MB Hawk.jpg

17. TWF2

Sounds like current superbike guys :)

18. hotnail

hotnail Well-Known Member

I'll bet pops is trying to locate his ol' SV Superbike as we speak......yall could build and sell that build for Moto America guys! If theres someone who knows how to build an proper SV....its the Krafts!

ekraft84 likes this.
  19. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

So you're saying you don't think you'll make the cutoff?

The Great One likes this.
  20. ghetto customs

ghetto customs Who's that Parrish guy?

First of all, shut the fuck up!
    Like Zoran said, what's the difference in any other class?
    Twins have always and will always be an"affordable" class to race, even at a pro level. ( not going into the numbers to satisfy yer strategic ass!)

Yer cool Broom, but leave this idea alone as well as the rest of you folks. MA wants riders and as Masecar alone has proven, you make a money making twins class, they will show up!

Us lwt guys have proven, the twins will never die and will always be a class for everyone. Don't be a bitch Broom, or anyone to the matter, get an SV and put your mouth where the money is!

Do not dog anything yer too afraid to try...